Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 40

Author Topic: Star Ruler 2 [7/24/2018 - Now Open Source!]  (Read 84601 times)

Firgof Umbra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Senate Leader's been reintroduced, along with a host of new Senate-Leader only cards, and the Soft Victory Condition for Influence (much like the Soft Victory Condition for Energy, the Revenant ship).  The AIs understand bribes and know how to play the influence/diplomacy game a lot better than they did before.  They are also much more active than they were previously.

I also polished up the card art, replacing the old cart art with cleaner art and putting art in for cards that didn't have art previously.  There's also some combat-related Influence stuff now, with the Broadcast Antenna that converts support ships in the system slowly to your empire and so on.

I suppose the Attitudes count if we're being broad about diplomacy enough to include your Interior.
Edit: Oh and a lot of the Zeitgeists got changed up and rebalanced.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 12:56:58 am by Firgof Umbra »

Firgof Umbra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And it's out!  Hope you all enjoy the expansion and free update to the game.  Let us know what your impressions of both are!
Link to the expansion: http://store.steampowered.com/app/460420

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

And it's out!  Hope you all enjoy the expansion and free update to the game.  Let us know what your impressions of both are!
Grabbing it now, going to play a round as the new race. Will let you know what I think

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Grabbing it now, going to play a round as the new race. Will let you know what I think
Theres two new races tho!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Aye, I just realized. I'm trying out the First, the virtual dudes

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

ok first impression: The new planet visuals and surfaces are fucking gorgeous

Firgof Umbra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You should check out the new fullscreen shaders while you're at it if you've got a rig that can support it!
They're pretty darn pretty.  You'll find the toggles from them in the options menu under Graphics.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!

Hope to see the expansion up on GoG soon! Great excuse to jump back in, methinks :)

Firgof Umbra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, sorry about that.  We got a bit overwhelmed by the expansion's launch on Steam - hopefully it'll be going up on Monday for GoG.com users.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

You should check out the new fullscreen shaders while you're at it if you've got a rig that can support it!
They're pretty darn pretty.  You'll find the toggles from them in the options menu under Graphics.

Oh believe me, I am.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Can the First ever export resources at all? I'd like to level up one of the planets that gives different effects based upon level (Cremin Ferns) but I don't see how its possible.

Trevasaurus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is anyone interested in playing the co-op mode? Hit me up on steam if you are interested.  http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027580754/

Firgof Umbra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We are presently streaming a multiplayer game with the Expansion for those who want to sit in and watch: https://www.twitch.tv/blindmindstudios

Game completed.  We lost by only 76 points!  (About the difference in points 1 defense platform would grant)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 08:54:31 pm by Firgof Umbra »

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile

So I'm getting really far with the defense mode, something like strength 46 on hard. I'm starting to build 4k size stations that can shoot from one system to another.

Edit. Finally lost...on strength 79, the invaders were larger then the stars and there was no way I could do more then 100k dps to beat its in combat regen.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 03:28:05 am by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!

Any news on the GoG version of the expansion? Kinda wanna throw my money at you fine folks :)
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 40