Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40

Author Topic: Star Ruler 2 [7/24/2018 - Now Open Source!]  (Read 84641 times)

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
Re: Star Ruler 2 [3/9/2015 - Launching March 27th!]
« Reply #360 on: March 25, 2015, 07:04:05 am »

Uh, I thought the point of morphic materials was that they add the pressure of the stuff the planet is producing and/or exporting to the planet when imported to it? Have I misunderstood completely? The wiki/manual seems to be totally out of date.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #361 on: March 25, 2015, 07:44:59 am »

Uh, I thought the point of morphic materials was that they add the pressure of the stuff the planet is producing and/or exporting to the planet when imported to it? Have I misunderstood completely? The wiki/manual seems to be totally out of date.
From my testing yesterday, sending morphic materials to a planet which is NOT exporting to another will indeed increase its pressure for the native resource. Sending them to a planet which is exporting to another had no effect at all.

Honestly they seem more or less useless. I certainly don't get excited when I find them.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 25, 2015, 07:52:47 am »

Yeah, if they work like that, it makes them pretty useless. I've thought that I've noticed their effect on the exporting world but I might be wrong.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #363 on: March 25, 2015, 07:53:54 am »

And the damn game still doesn't pause when I hit spacebar unless I first click on the time control panel. It's driving me nuts.

Bremen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 25, 2015, 02:11:05 pm »

From my testing yesterday, sending morphic materials to a planet which is NOT exporting to another will indeed increase its pressure for the native resource. Sending them to a planet which is exporting to another had no effect at all.

Honestly they seem more or less useless. I certainly don't get excited when I find them.

I believe if you export them to a planet, they add 2 pressure of the planet's resource to that planet, regardless of whether it's exporting or not.

IE, say I have a planet that produces chemicals (3 research pressure) and is exporting it to another world. If I export metamorphic materials to the chems world, then it gains 2 research pressure and the world it's exporting to continues to gain 3 research pressure.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #365 on: March 25, 2015, 02:14:55 pm »

Dunno, I found morphic material pretty useful in cases when you have no specific materials like iron but you still have some free pressure on your forge world (and said forge world's native resource is also, you know, labor related). Just export morphic and voila, more pressure. I mean, yeah, you could terraform a planet instead, but that usually takes more time, more money AND, you know, uses a planet.

Also, no need to add any sort of pressure on exporting planets. You need pressure on your producing planets. Unless, of course, your exporting also works as a smaller producing planet.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Trevasaurus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 26, 2015, 02:23:21 am »

I normally use morphics on a planet producing something like medicine, where i will import resources up to lvl2 to unlock the native resource and then send 10-20 morphics and aluminum (thats the one that increase pressure cap right?) and produce a crazy cash world generating 2mil credits.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 26, 2015, 02:25:07 am »

I normally use morphics on a planet producing something like medicine, where i will import resources up to lvl2 to unlock the native resource and then send 10-20 morphics and aluminum (thats the one that increase pressure cap right?) and produce a crazy cash world generating 2mil credits.

Sounds like the prime target for a planet buster...

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 26, 2015, 07:19:32 am »

Aluminum increases pressure cap, yeah, but only by 1 and it also adds 6 (iirc) labor pressure. I think economic materials are more valuable in this case as they increase population cap by 2 and I'm pretty sure 1 pop adds more than one pressure cap.

Then again, the downside of this, depending on a game situation, is eco. materials are only found on asteroids...
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #369 on: March 26, 2015, 07:59:31 am »

I think Fulrate is one of the materials that adds a bunch to the pressure cap? I don't remember. I'm going to start populating the wiki once we hit release tomorrow. Haven't done so until now because things might change.

Bremen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 26, 2015, 12:20:44 pm »

I think Fulrate is one of the materials that adds a bunch to the pressure cap? I don't remember. I'm going to start populating the wiki once we hit release tomorrow. Haven't done so until now because things might change.

I don't remember fulrate increasing the cap, but I could be wrong. I also remember that in beta there was a rare level 3 resource that doubled a planet's pressure cap; I don't know if it's still in there but it let you make some really hilarious planets.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #371 on: March 26, 2015, 12:24:19 pm »

I don't remember fulrate increasing the cap, but I could be wrong. I also remember that in beta there was a rare level 3 resource that doubled a planet's pressure cap; I don't know if it's still in there but it let you make some really hilarious planets.
It's called Corinium or something like that. Gives $$$ pressure and doubles the base pressure cap.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 26, 2015, 12:28:58 pm »

I also remember that in beta there was a rare level 3 resource that doubled a planet's pressure cap; I don't know if it's still in there but it let you make some really hilarious planets.
This might be Unobtanium, but I'm not sure.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #373 on: March 26, 2015, 12:31:25 pm »

I also remember that in beta there was a rare level 3 resource that doubled a planet's pressure cap; I don't know if it's still in there but it let you make some really hilarious planets.
This might be Unobtanium, but I'm not sure.
Unobtanium is the one that can morph into any other resource, including ringworld.

Firgof Umbra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 26, 2015, 12:33:46 pm »

Earlier in the game's life it was Hydroconductors that doubled pressure.  Now it's Corinium, yes.

Aluminum adds 1 max pressure and gives 1 labor pressure - effectively it's free to import.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40