Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 40

Author Topic: Star Ruler 2 [7/24/2018 - Now Open Source!]  (Read 84654 times)

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Star Ruler 2 [9/23/2015 - Expansion Announced]
« Reply #450 on: October 11, 2015, 11:24:24 am »

not shutting down.
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 11, 2015, 11:32:15 am »

Whoa, really? Great to hear!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 11, 2015, 11:43:17 am »

not shutting down.

what! just like this! this is GREAT by the way. best wishes with whatever idea you have up next.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 11, 2015, 12:17:30 pm »

My idea's are like from the future. Trust in me.
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 17, 2015, 01:09:58 am »

Any word yet on the next update? I'm liking the new tech tree, especially what the Alternate Balance mod has done with it; you can tend towards preferring a stronger support fleet, or a stronger individual capital ship, with more specialization locking out the benefits of the other, and a number of different armor types.

It also made terraforming much more expensive, so it takes longer to get rolling with the Mechanoids, still my preferred race, even over the new ones.

I hope ideas such as that make their way into the tech tree proper, as the vanilla tree feels a bit bare bones at the moment.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 01:12:40 am by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 17, 2015, 08:10:13 am »

So I'm thinking of playing this again, but last time I got confused by the ship designer. Could someone explain how it works?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #456 on: October 17, 2015, 09:13:36 am »

Try this guide. I was pretty lost myself first time I tried to design some ships, but reading through it, I understand it much much better now.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #457 on: October 17, 2015, 09:20:27 am »

I honestly dislike the ship designer quite a lot, so I just use the default designs or download some from the online portion of the game.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 17, 2015, 09:25:52 am »

Try this guide. I was pretty lost myself first time I tried to design some ships, but reading through it, I understand it much much better now.
Thats kinda what confused me in the first place though. How do you design the ship if theres no front/back?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #459 on: October 17, 2015, 10:50:33 am »

Huh wait, how is there no front/back? I always assumed and all SR2 designs I saw also suggest that right side is where the ship starts, left where ends. Unless I'm thinking wrong. BUT given you can't orient engines (unless... I think?) and those always point to the left and must be unobstructed to function, I think this confirms my thinking.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 17, 2015, 10:52:35 am »

Huh wait, how is there no front/back? I always assumed and all SR2 designs I saw also suggest that right side is where the ship starts, left where ends. Unless I'm thinking wrong. BUT given you can't orient engines (unless... I think?) and those always point to the left and must be unobstructed to function, I think this confirms my thinking.
The very first part of that guide is 'there is no front/back, only flat sides'. The rest of it might help if it didn't start with confusion.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Firgof Umbra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 17, 2015, 11:04:09 am »

While "there is no front/back" is technically correct, it also doesn't elaborate on why it's correct, which probably is confusing a lot of people.  Let me elaborate for them.  Each hex points up/down and in various diagonal directions, meaning there is no 'right-side-facing' side of an individual hex.  This means that there is no 'actual right side' or 'actual left side'.  If I had a square and rotated it 45-degrees so it was a 'diamond' none of its sides would technically face North, East, South, or West.

However, there is of course a right side and a left side to the design which the author of that guide didn't discuss.  The front of the ship is to the right and the rear of the ship is to the left.  The 'right side' of a hex is its Up-right and Down-right sides and vice versa for the 'left side'.

Does this clear things up for you?

« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 11:21:41 am by Firgof Umbra »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 17, 2015, 11:06:07 am »

It does, I think.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 17, 2015, 11:09:19 am »

I haven't been having very much trouble with the designer at all. I've built supports that charge ahead to encircle enemy fleets, flagships with weapons that can destroy entire planets (given time), jack-of-all-trades capital ships that bristle with smaller weaponry, etc. Never read any guides until just now.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 17, 2015, 06:01:57 pm »

I liked the original SR designer... just saying, it was the best part of the game.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 40