Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some Legends Mode Tidbits From A New Player  (Read 887 times)

Tovical

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Some Legends Mode Tidbits From A New Player
« on: July 30, 2013, 04:19:19 pm »

I'm still pretty new to DF; I've had probably a couple dozen fortresses now, none of which was anything particularly special (discovered HFS in one recently, which was... enlightening). I've started digging around in Legends Mode in a new world I created and thought I'd share some of the more unusual or interesting things I've discovered in this world. Some of this may not be all that unusual to veteran players, but perhaps it will provide some amusement.

I'll mention beforehand that this was on a vanilla world running for 250 years and that I researched the information using Legends Viewer.

A human civ named The Kind Pink Realms has been ruled for a demon since almost day one (seriously, the demon didn't want to change the name?). Their flag... is blue.

The elf civ The Skins of Heaviness, have been under near constant attack during their entire existence. During this time they've had 46 queens. Average number of rulers in other civs during this time: 5. All but two of those 46 rulers were killed in combat, and 27 of those were during one war. That war was ended by a new elf queen who killed and devoured 81 of the attacking dwarves in a single month.

Twenty-six percent of all deaths in the world, ever, were 18,500 elves during a single conflict - during that conflict the aggressors lost only 3,700 dwarves.

Along the same theme is a situation in my current fortress where it appears that there is a deity being worshipped whose only followers are five elves and my mayor - and it's a deity of gambling and deformity. This cracked me up when I noticed this, though I bet I'm probably missing something about the way followers are counted in a deity's information.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Some Legends Mode Tidbits From A New Player
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 05:03:34 pm »

A human civ named The Kind Pink Realms has been ruled for a demon since almost day one (seriously, the demon didn't want to change the name?). Their flag... is blue.

Could it be...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Swonnrr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 05:53:28 pm »

A human civ named The Kind Pink Realms has been ruled for a demon since almost day one

What was Toady's timeline about self-aware AI implementation, already?
I want self-aware AI implementation.

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 06:48:07 pm »

That war was ended by a new elf queen who killed and devoured 81 of the attacking dwarves in a single month.

81 in a month? Wow.So, estimating the average dwarf to weigh about 140 pounds, spread out the results per day, and reduce the the total percentage by about 15% to account for bones, that's about 318 pounds of dwarf meat per day. That girl sure can eat!

Yerv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 07:01:24 pm »

That war was ended by a new elf queen who killed and devoured 81 of the attacking dwarves in a single month.

81 in a month? Wow.So, estimating the average dwarf to weigh about 140 pounds, spread out the results per day, and reduce the the total percentage by about 15% to account for bones, that's about 318 pounds of dwarf meat per day. That girl sure can eat!
She must be a forgotten beast!

Tovical

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 10:31:01 pm »

lol I love the picture. Yeah, it was one month O_o They were all listed as late summer or late autumn (I forget which one atm). And if she isn't a FB, maybe she should be made an honorary FB.

As to the demon ruling from nearly day one:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 10:37:02 pm »

It's possible the elf queen didn't consume all the meat from all the dwarves in question, just their hearts or something like that.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

xana55

• Bay Watcher
  • Booze Detected: Initiating Drinking Protocal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 10:59:12 pm »

My queen I bring joyous news, we've exterminated the latest dawrven incursion. Oh, um you have some ventricle stuck in your teeth oh mighty one.
Urist The Foolish: Beheaded by a swarm of cats 379 BC.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 11:22:46 pm »

I can see it now... the runner approaches his monarch's sedan chair and kneels, delivering the announcement of victory.

"I know," she says, and steps forward into the light.  An angelic figure, if not for the fact that her mouth, her hands, and her elegant ☼«☼Rope Reed Fiber Dress☼»☼... all are utterly coated in slick, crimson blood.  She holds a hunk of meat that was at one point some dwarf's heart in one hand, unrecognizable for the dainty bite marks in it.  "I was enjoying some of the spoils of my victory already".

She takes another bite, savoring the few drops that continue to fall from the abused organ.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.