Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Gods and Mortals (IC thread)  (Read 11116 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Gods and Mortals (IC thread)
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2013, 12:33:39 pm »

Deep within the abandoned city in it's darkest reaches, something stirred. Twisting and contorting into being, multiple black eyes opened to perceive the environment around. Hunger stirred in the beast and it opened its large gaping mouth filled with teeth and tentacled appendages, letting loose a horribly disturbed cry. Numerous memories from a combined consciousness flickered in and out but held no long term sway. This was a new being with its own independent will and thoughts.  In some ways it was more the child of many parents than a combination of their personalities. Despite whatever past intentions, goals or feelings its lesser parts may have had in the past, this new more perfect form had its own agenda. Hunt, feed, grow.  These would suffice for now and in time who could tell?  Almost all living things desire to create their mark on the universe.  To be remembered for better or for worse.  Leaving behind a legacy was important.  Blutegel could do better!  He could be immortal, he could be worshiped and achieve godhood.  He could make the universe more perfect... but first he would have to make himself more perfect.
Slithering out into the water the monstrosity Blutegel begins searching for flesh to consume. It also observes the environment around it, trying to understand it and looking for a good lair to rest after hunting.

((Work in progress here))
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 10:54:31 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2013, 09:35:01 pm »

This is unacceptable. Have you ever had a burning pain thrust into your bowels[? A lesser being than we would die in agony; we get no such respite. Consider such.

"Mortal experience stomach aches, and they don't die from it. If we do die we simply stop to exist just like mortals."
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 09:38:53 pm by jaass »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2013, 09:37:28 pm »

Stomach-aches are no comparison. Imagine more a flaming-hot iron poker driven into one's stomach.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2013, 09:40:28 pm »

"This ones stomach is made of stone, it is equivalent of hammering hot iron to an anvil. "
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 09:44:50 pm by jaass »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2013, 09:45:20 pm »

And you don't think the anvil would experience pain?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2013, 09:57:05 pm »

"Ah yes, shifting the burden of truth. My truth is my action are my own. What you did to Malevalence does not equal to what he did to you. It is simply as that. "

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2013, 10:02:49 pm »

[What Malevolence did to me is only the most recent of his crimes, and the one which let me take action. And now Malevolence may be a force of good in the universe.
Sig

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2013, 10:39:08 pm »

"OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM!"
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2013, 03:15:50 pm »

Jabiron was not pleased as to how his gift had backfired upon the Wurms. The circumstance would not stand. Jabiron must work quickly, on his next project, so as to help the Wurms.

He started his work feverishly, never stopping once. Starting with pure Darkness Energy, he divided up his power, and worked it like the Metals of Tanity. He took a fifth of the power he had divided, and isolated it away from the other chunks of his power. He worked the raw power, shaping it, and turning it into a work of beauty. He had created an alternative to the grandeur of the Shroud; he had created the Shade-Imps. A race of small humanoid-esque creatures, with intelligence less so than the Wurms, but obedient to solely to the Wurms and future Wurm-kin. Able to handle tools, and take care of Wurms when the loss of Sanity takes them; Melding themselves into the Owner-Wurm, giving them a second mind to delegate the insanity to, and freeing the Wurm of such insanity. He infuses his newest creations with the arts of stone-crafting, metal-working, and tool-making.
With his newest gifts, he hopes he can progress the Wurms to a new era of power, one that will worship him, his Shroud, and his power!

1 Act:Create Shade-Imps, a race of small, huamoid, semi-corporeal creatures that can use tools and are subservient to the Will of Wurms. They are also able to combine minds with Wurms, and act as a Shield from the Harmony.
3 Minor acts: Give shade-imps the knowledge of Tool-making, stone-crafting, and metal-smithing.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2013, 03:42:50 pm »

The Harbinger watched the doings of the others, and shifted uneasily. It decided to wait to interfere, till it could find others worth allying with.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2013, 06:38:24 pm »

Orthos, Crystal Wyrm Ascendant
As the Wyrm tunnels through the planet for its 'training' for the later fight against the shroud, it is suddenly cut off by another coming up from below.  The Wyrm dodges, and is forced to change direction by another of the forces.  The two others slowly force Orthos to come up upon the surface of a Plateau, storm clouds overhead.  The wyrm gets into a sitting position as the two come out of the ground in front of him.  To the Wyrm's suprise, it is both of the others that were supposedly prophecized to fight the shroud, and both show signs of being under its influence.

The recently corrupted 'speaks' to Orthos in the language of the Crystal Wyrms, "The teachings about the shroud are false, brother of the prophecy.  Join us in the listening of the prophecy, and be enlightened."

Tanzeret, Jotun Oracle Ascendant
The Oracle finished his speech, and suddenly, some of the Religeon's inquisitors arrive.  The trolls the group has brought begins to force the crowd to disperse, and you see a few wounded.  One of the Jotun inquisitors comes over to the Oracle.  The Jotun throws the Oracle off of the platform, onto the ground below, and as the Oracle grimaces from the pain of another bone breaking from the fall.  The Inquisitor shouts to the panicking crowd, "Do not believe the lies of this man!  He is attempting you to fall from the glory of Tantiy, and fall into the pits of the Malevolence!  He is a useless Jotun, trying to get you to follow him down to the path of man!  Do not forget what happened, when they fell from the grace of the Tantiy's creation, and turned towards the Malevolence!  The first wars erupted and they were changed into abominations!  This one wants to have the same befall you!  Do not listen!"

When the Inquisitor had finished, the last of the people had been forced from the area.  The Inquisitor lept down, landing upon one of the cripple's broken legs, causing the Oracle further pain.  The Inquisitor then spoke to the Oracle, "Now that that is taken care of, what should we do with you?"

Blutegel, Unified Merfolk Ascendant
The unified merfolk wanders through the halls of the abandoned city, a sense of unease pervading through the being.  Why had this place been left like this?  Other cities that fell had been scrapped to be added to the larger cities, but this one was left alone.  It struggled to recall what was known about the fall of this city, but all it could remember was that within a month of the last visitors to the place, all of the inhabitants had disappeared.  The combined creature wandered its way to past one of the old quarters, when it heard a whisper.  Blutegel stopped to listen, but could barely hear it.  It wandered over to the door and opened it.  There was nothing inside.  It then felt a cold chill brush up against it, and when it began to turn, the unified merfolk heard the whispered, echoing words, "Do not turn around."
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2013, 07:22:22 pm »

Tanzeret spat at the fool.

"What Tanity wills, tyrant."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2013, 07:34:59 pm »

[What Malevolence did to me is only the most recent of his crimes, and the one which let me take action. And now Malevolence may be a force of good in the universe.

" Crimes? The only crimes he did is prevent the races from getting corrupt. One day, these races are going destroy the very planet they live on. They will evaporate the ocean, poison the air, and turn the land barren. All because you decide to trap Malevolence."

_____

I endlessly drift among the void of space with nothing particular in mind. Then a spark of inspiration came, a perfect way to meddle in the lesser beings' societies. I gather a small portion of my godly power and created two vaguely humanoid shapes. Then, sending them to a very specific planet that shall not be named. Here, they will have fully formed lives and skills that will help them in their road ahead of them.

Take 1 act from mighty act
1 act = 3 minor acts
1. Create humanoid
2. Create humanoid
3. Have them have fully formed skills, and lives
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 07:46:46 pm by jaass »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2013, 08:53:58 pm »

Rol Geb Ek preached. It may seem a silly thing to do with Chaos Beasts, but it was what he did. And with his newfound powers, doubters were easily shown The Light. For that is what the religion he was forming was about; Light. Truth, knowledge, obedience, revelation...these were things not common to Chaos Beasts. But the prophet sung, and spoke, and gibbered, and a thousand other ways of communicating, as is the way of Chaos Beasts. To attempt a translation of all of what he said would be a foolish endeavor, for Chaos Beasts do not think the way Jotun or Merfolk do. It is not their way. But of the more sensical speeches, a sample, paraphrased;

"We may change as we wish, that much is clear, students. But we cannot do as we wish! To forego law, to forsake order, is not our calling. We change as we see fit, but that does not make us the choosers of our destiny, though we may wish otherwise. No, it obliges us to stay on the true path! But that is difficult. It is a small path, easily strayed from, but that is why I have come. I was not granted the Light for foolish reasons. The Dark and the Shadow mean to force us away from our rewards, our salvation, our life and happiness. But I bring Light. The Light allows us all, we who have strayed from the path, to return to it. Just as we have Journeyed, so we must Journey again. A second pilgrimage of our people, to ensure our rights are created and kept. To reap the benefits of our sanctity and discipline. Though we are named Chaos, and our form is not absolute, this is simply proof of our ability to return! We are more malleable than others, but the path is ours! The Light is ours! We must take up the torch of righteousness and lead all into a new era. Why else have we been given this gift? Why else have I survived where others have not? Why else can I alone shine as though the Light itself blazed within me?"

And at this, he would always begin glowing with such a fierce intensity that many onlooking Beasts were forced to transform their eyes to keep from the pain of blinding, however temporary. It was not much of an effort individually, but performing miracles and striving against those who would cast him down was draining, even on an Ascendant.

Minor Act: Begin creation of a religion based around the Light, with myself attempting to unify and lead the Chaos Beasts in understanding this and creating an advanced society.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2013, 08:57:46 pm »

" Crimes? The only crimes he did is prevent the races from getting corrupt. One day, these races are going destroy the very planet they live on. They will evaporate the ocean, poison the air, and turn the land barren. All because you decide to trap Malevolence."
[size-12pt]Look at Malevolence and what happened to it for its injury of me. And you think mere mortals will do mortal damage to me? Damage that MALEVOLENCE could undo? Ha!

((Making thousands of humanoids is a single Act. I think you could get both for a single Minor if they weren't demigods or something. And the third Act probably isn't needed.))
Sig
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7