Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 63

Author Topic: Only War: Warband OOC FULL  (Read 54059 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Only War: Warband OOC FULL
« Reply #885 on: November 03, 2013, 05:20:58 pm »

I don't know. Being a drop regiment without the ability to drop ourselves?

Seems rather redundant/useless.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: November 03, 2013, 05:23:31 pm »

GM, can we have the ability to drop ourselves?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: November 03, 2013, 05:48:37 pm »

Oh yeah, can we have Comrade advances work something like this:

When you want to get a Comrade advance, find someone to purchase it for. They also must buy a Comrade advance with you, and for the purpose of the abilities of those advances, you count as each other's Comrade. For Talents related to Comrades, you must do the same, but they do not need to buy a talent for you as well. The other player must agree to the advance/talent purchase.

Also, my ideas for possible regiments:

Mechanized Shock Troopers Regiment
Recon Rough Riders Regiment
Armored Spearhead Regiment
Urban Guerilla Regiment
Infiltrating Artillery Regiment

Though, really, I'd be good with any regiment type. I know the types of things I want to play. It'll depend on my rolls. Speaking of which.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4289825/
I like 'dem rolls. I think I might play a Ratling. Or a Sergeant, since I have excellent fellowship.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: November 03, 2013, 05:54:26 pm »

Oh yeah, can we have Comrade advances work something like this:

When you want to get a Comrade advance, find someone to purchase it for. They also must buy a Comrade advance with you, and for the purpose of the abilities of those advances, you count as each other's Comrade. For Talents related to Comrades, you must do the same, but they do not need to buy a talent for you as well. The other player must agree to the advance/talent purchase.

Also, my ideas for possible regiments:

Mechanized Shock Troopers Regiment
Recon Rough Riders Regiment
Armored Spearhead Regiment
Urban Guerilla Regiment
Infiltrating Artillery Regiment

Though, really, I'd be good with any regiment type. I know the types of things I want to play. It'll depend on my rolls. Speaking of which.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4289825/
I like 'dem rolls. I think I might play a Ratling. Or a Sergeant, since I have excellent fellowship.
Remember No Comrades?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: November 03, 2013, 05:58:26 pm »

I remember it. I also think that some of the comrade advances are rather important, it meshes well with each other, and allows for more role-playing, people becoming buds and such.

Plus, Ogryn with Little 'Un(probably adjusted to give extra wounds) and a Psyker with Overseer. Best friends forever, and the Psyker gets to not die all the time.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: November 03, 2013, 07:07:12 pm »

GM, can we have the ability to drop ourselves?
By that, I assume you mean having your own air transport that you controlled. The way I intended to do it originally, is that you'd be dropped/picked up when needed if you could contact the transport itself and get proper authorization. I really wanted to give off a WW2 Paratrooper vibe, where you weren't entirely sure where you were and you had to meet up with other groups to complete your objective.

I remember it. I also think that some of the comrade advances are rather important, it meshes well with each other, and allows for more role-playing, people becoming buds and such.

Plus, Ogryn with Little 'Un(probably adjusted to give extra wounds) and a Psyker with Overseer. Best friends forever, and the Psyker gets to not die all the time.
I still want to drop comrades, however I will try to implement the advances in different ways. Either re-working them so a second person isn't required, or just making it so you can designate another player as a comrade for the purpose of the advancement.

A bit slow to respond since I haven't made much progress on re-creating the campaign, however since you guys generally seem to want to make new regiments/characters that shouldn't be a big issue. I'm also still debating whether or not to do IRC Games, or Play By Post games at the moment. I worked out everyone's times using this just in case you guys wanted to go with the IRC plan.

Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: November 03, 2013, 07:14:19 pm »

I'd prefer to do it on saturdays. Depends on the timing for other days - if it's GMT 1900+ on all days but fridays, fridays 2300+, i can do it.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: November 03, 2013, 09:36:00 pm »

I'd have severe difficulties doing it on monday through friday pre-5:00 my time, though weekends SHOULD usually be ok

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: November 03, 2013, 09:39:56 pm »

I was imagining we'd potentially do it on weekends anyways, since most people (Including myself) are more willing to stay up late/get up early.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: November 03, 2013, 10:26:48 pm »

By the way, I have no handbook access, so I'm afraid I'll need babying if I have to remake my char.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: November 03, 2013, 10:27:30 pm »

I have access to all rulebooks you'll ever need, don't worry about it. As is tradition for most games run on here, just PM me for a pdf.
Welcome to Reality.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: November 03, 2013, 10:35:59 pm »

We should vote for the whole thing of re-making or not the regiment just to make sure most people are ok with this - I will end up saving the lore about Vniedik that has already been written and reference it on any Only War games I decide to run since our little Forge World wound up having a reasonable backstory.

And in case we do end up re-making the regiment, I have an idea for a character.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: November 03, 2013, 10:38:38 pm »

I honestly wouldn't mind just restarting everything and making a new thread, since retreading through all of my old ideas and rewriting them sounds like a pain in the ass. I feel it'd go a lot smoother if I actually found out what you guys want in a campaign, since what I had in mind was pretty slow-paced and there wasn't really going to be a whole lot of action in the beginning. Basically, I intended it to put you in some kind of false sense of security, so when stuff actually happened you'd be surprised. If I make something new, chances are I'll put you in the action right away and save the kind of stuff I had in mind for when you're all more used to playing with each other.
Welcome to Reality.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: November 03, 2013, 10:49:28 pm »

A new thread might be good. I don't mind how it goes.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: November 04, 2013, 12:07:55 am »

As far as time for IRC sessions go, weekends are better for me. Every other day is packed with business.

Well, since it seems we'll go through regiment creation again, I propose we create a weapon pattern through the variant rules in Hammer of the Emperor and name it after Vniedik, just so that we have a little token from this campaign world. Nothing too flashy, but still iconic.

I'd say Vniedik-pattern Multi-laser. Positives: Venerable Design or Exceptional Pattern or Piercing, Longbarrel. Negatives: Bulky, Rare.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 63