Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 63

Author Topic: Only War: Warband OOC FULL  (Read 54123 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Only War: Warband OOC FULL
« Reply #810 on: August 12, 2013, 11:30:42 pm »

A targeter would be really nice, if you could get a hold of one. A motion predictor would help as well.

I would try for a suspensor, but that's never going to happen.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 11:38:41 pm by Remuthra »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: August 12, 2013, 11:50:53 pm »

What about Lord Commissar and Commissar-General(I think that exists. Could be wrong.)? Low-ranking is relative. I'm low-ranking compared to most of the ranks, but high-ranking compared to my troops.

EDIT:Targeter and Motion Predictor have been added. do our Solid-Projectile capable users want specialty bullets at all?

Also, Suspensor can always be tried for. Particularly if we are fine with a Poor quality one.

Still part of the Edit, I wanted to add that comparatively in your rank, you are low-ranking, since you are attached to a squad rather than a full regiment or company.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 11:53:37 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: August 12, 2013, 11:59:50 pm »

FAKEEDITAGAIN: Solid shot can be, but each of the solid shot pistols does have an advantage over the las pistol, as well as disadvantages. Autopistols can fire fully automatic, but have a smaller clip size, take longer to reload, and aren't Reliable; Stub Automatics do more damage, but have a much smaller clip size, take longer to reload, and aren't Reliable; Stub Revolvers do more damage, but can't fire semi-automatic, have a far smaller clip size, and take a lot longer to reload; and finally, Hand Cannons do quite a bit more damage, have a Pen score, and have a marginally larger range, but take a penalty if used in one hand, have a very small clip size, take a lot longer to reload, are heavier, and aren't Reliable.
Don't forget the lack of rechargable ammo.
Also, add 2 Symbols of Sanctity (Scarce, assuming I can't get the resident Tech-priest to make them for me), a Red Dot sight and Recoil gloves.

There's no "low-ranking Commissar", Rolepgeek. Junior Commissar (Needs to be supervised by a full-fledged Commissar) is the position under Commissar and Commissar-Captain is above it.
Technically true, but there are more subtle and informal rank issues- basically respect from peers and the like. If your char is just out of being a junior officer, they're not likely to be considered as important or given as much respect as someone who's a veteran of half a dozen campaigns and has served valiantly for them all, for instance.

Wait, why is my Carbine listed as Good quality in the OP? That should probably be removed, BD.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: August 13, 2013, 12:02:48 am »

What about Lord Commissar and Commissar-General(I think that exists. Could be wrong.)? Low-ranking is relative. I'm low-ranking compared to most of the ranks, but high-ranking compared to my troops.

Still part of the Edit, I wanted to add that comparatively in your rank, you are low-ranking, since you are attached to a squad rather than a full regiment or company.
Let me try to explain this. A Lord Commissar and a Commissar-General are not even expected to be part of a game, but in game terms they would have a lot of weight to pull around. A lot. A Commissar-General, for instance, has far more prestige and power than most regimental commanders (they are usually Colonels).

And nope, Commissars have no subdivisions. The explanation used in this campaign for a Commissar to be attached to a squad is a lack of manpower and confusion during assignments, but he's still the Commissar for the 666th Regiment. It is the kind of character you have to receive clearance from the GM to play as first due to the fact you need a good explanation for the fact they are attached to a squad (in my last campaign we had a Psyker in the squad, which was more than enough reason).
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: August 13, 2013, 12:04:34 am »

Also, Suspensor can always be tried for. Particularly if we are fine with a Poor quality one.
I suppose. A suspensor is extremely rare, but it helps a lot with mobility when in the field.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: August 13, 2013, 12:49:28 am »

I feel like a Commissar could reassign himself, if that was the case.

The trade-off for non-rechargeable ammunition is the ease of obtaining ammunition and special ammunition(las weapons get two types. Hotshot and overcharge. Which aren't too much of a difference, and Dum Dum and Armor Piercing can be more effective.)

Also, I have now added the stuff to the list, Harbringer.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: August 13, 2013, 12:59:07 am »

Technically, he can; however, my character is satisfied with his lot.

Classes like the Commissar, Priest (was also explained as being assigned to a squad due to the regiment's current situation) and Tech-Priest are the kind of specialty usually assigned to regiments instead of squads, though due our peculiarities Tech-Priests are more likely to be present in a larger number in our ranks. Remember our squad is the Player Characters' squad and we will hopefully survive more than two minutes after enemy contact.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 01:01:56 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: August 13, 2013, 01:06:11 am »

Technically, he can; however, my character is satisfied with his lot.

Classes like the Commissar, Priest (was also explained as being assigned to a squad due to the regiment's current situation) and Tech-Priest are the kind of specialty usually assigned to regiments instead of squads, though due our peculiarities Tech-Priests are more likely to be present in a larger number in our ranks. Remember our squad is the Player Characters' squad and we will hopefully survive more than two minutes after enemy contact.
Given the regiment is the battered survivors of their world getting wrecked, we probably already have.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: August 13, 2013, 01:08:39 am »

Given the regiment is the battered survivors of their world getting wrecked, we probably already have.
I mean after in-game combat starts, Harbinger. Backstory-wise, our characters are already bloodied and have acquired some experience.
>Yes?

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: August 13, 2013, 01:13:21 am »

The first few minutes tend to kill off the Guardsmen who are too stupid to duck, too cowardly to not get shot by the Commissar, etc. Those that survive it tend to last longer. 15 hours, for instance. So we're probably not particularly special in our regiment.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 01:15:22 am by Harbingerjm »

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: August 13, 2013, 01:15:04 am »

I was thinking it was more like being a communist soldiering ww2 sure conscripts die, but many soldiers survive the war.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: August 13, 2013, 01:16:36 am »

I was thinking it was more like being a communist soldiering ww2 sure conscripts die, but many soldiers survive the war.
Pretty much, although in the Guard even if you survive the warzone, there's most likely another one in your immediate future.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: August 13, 2013, 01:20:45 am »

True, but its not unlikely that we will survive a while. I don't think the causality rates, for most regiments, are higher than 10%, discounting tyranids, and the like.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 13, 2013, 01:26:36 am »

Hmm... Should we need to make a new character, can we play a Friedenian?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: August 13, 2013, 01:27:22 am »

The first few minutes tend to kill off the Guardsmen who are too stupid to duck, too cowardly to not get shot by the Commissar, etc. Those that survive it tend to last longer. 15 hours, for instance. So we're probably not particularly special in our regiment.
The PCs are special in some ways. The assignment of Fate Points allows the players to manipulate their destiny and it works as an explanation within the mechanics of the game for characters with "potential for great deeds", allowing you to save your possible hero from what could be certain death.

And I was partly cracking a joke on the fame of Guardsmen of dying almost as soon as they make contact with the enemy, though that is closer to the fate of Conscripts, even more so the ones from hastily-organized, ill-equipped PDFs.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 63