Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 63

Author Topic: Only War: Warband OOC FULL  (Read 54125 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Only War: Warband OOC FULL
« Reply #795 on: August 12, 2013, 08:46:32 pm »

Can I have some explanation of various things? I'm not an IG player, after all, so the lore of them isn't as well known to me as I'd like. For example, the expected behaviour of off-duty guardsmen, average ability of the Departmento to respond to requisition orders, the Guard's stance on lho sticks, alcohol, and illicit substances both on and off duty, and of course, a question for most people here;

What type of items would you like me to request from the Departmento?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: August 12, 2013, 08:50:47 pm »

Off-duty guardsman life is never really fully explained (At least I can't find much information about it). I'm taking a lot of liberties here with the general theme, and while I want things to seem accurate and representative of how a guardsman lives, it's not going to be 100%. Regarding the Derpartmento, it can take anywhere from a day or two to an entire month to get what you want. You do however have to fill out some paperwork, but whether or not you get it is determined by your logistic roll. Keep in mind while there are a collection of rules every guardsman generally has to follow, it largely depends on the regiment to punish and discipline soldiers as they see fit. You'll probably find that kind of stuff out later on though, so don't worry about it.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: August 12, 2013, 08:51:12 pm »

Can I have some explanation of various things? I'm not an IG player, after all, so the lore of them isn't as well known to me as I'd like. For example, the expected behaviour of off-duty guardsmen, average ability of the Departmento to respond to requisition orders, the Guard's stance on lho sticks, alcohol, and illicit substances both on and off duty, and of course, a question for most people here;

What type of items would you like me to request from the Departmento?
Ammunition. Lots of ammunition. After that, I'd like to grab a Long Las at some point, and we could use some camo cloaks.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: August 12, 2013, 08:54:02 pm »

Keep in mind you have plenty of charge-packs, and the standard las-rifle holds around sixty (?) or so shots in them. Charge-packs can also be recharged by laying them out in direct sunlight for a few hours, or if you're desperate even a fire could work to recharge them, although it would likely damage the pack itself.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: August 12, 2013, 09:00:30 pm »

And here I am. Well, gambling is punished by flogging and imprisonment and off-duty drug polices vary. Being intoxicated on duty is forbidden, but drinking and smoking out of duty is usually accepted, even if more steadfast individuals would usually frown upon such behaviors. Punishments vary, standards vary.

Also, remember we have not engaged in combat. Several modifiers are applied to the Logistics roll and it'd be hard to requisition camo cloaks when we're just peacefully stationed somewhere. Equipment that is easier to obtain (long las or sniper rifles are possibilities), as well as the usual stuff (one or two ammo pieces for our heavier weapons) are our best bet.

The GM is also correct. Charge packs can be reloaded by leaving them under direct exposure to sunlight.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 09:03:32 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: August 12, 2013, 09:02:48 pm »

Well, the Commissar and the good Priest will probably be provided with their own ammunition anyway, but I can try with the Melta ammunition, and the Multi-Las charge pack (or preferably, a backpack charge pack) will be difficult, but I can try.

On the Melta; since we have some people who use it assigned to us, and it's our regimental specialty weapon, can we either consider a request for the Basic Canisters Scarce or simply automatic for a few of them? Similar thing with the Multi-Las, though probably not automatic?

And looking at the ranks vs. Logistics requests, since I'm a Sergeant and thus a Squad-rank NCO, can I be considered as such for Logistics roll purposes(Logistics rating 20, that is)?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: August 12, 2013, 09:03:34 pm »

Yes, you'll be considered as a squad-rank NCO.
Welcome to Reality.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: August 12, 2013, 09:09:27 pm »

We get ammo for our Favored Weapons easier, but I don't think it would be Automatic. Oh, and the Commissar's Logistic rating is 50 and they are usually expected to deal with some paperwork, so you could probably ask for for some help on that department.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: August 12, 2013, 09:31:34 pm »

I don't think you're considered a full Commissariat. Mostly because I don't think the GM would let us have a Logistics Rating of 50 right off the bat.

Bdthemag, how long has the front been active, and what are the war conditions?

Also, we'll probably get the +20 from the melta stuff being in our standard kit. Similar things for stuff that other regiments favor. Since we're not currently out in the field and stuff is still coming in, we'd probably also get a small bonus from that, right?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: August 12, 2013, 09:31:50 pm »

I was thinking some sort of solid projectile sidearm, say a revolver.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: August 12, 2013, 09:43:31 pm »

The front, which is around a sector or two away isn't that active yet. There are small-scale battles involving the Orks, but that can be typical for any kind of sector with Orks nearby. What is suspected however, is that the activity will significantly increase to a very dangerous level, and you've been sent to Frieden to group up and technically merge with the two regiments recently raised there, and then sent to the actual front.

Also, I'll look through the logistics rule and determine what kind of bonuses should be handed out. Not sure if I want you guys to have a rating of 50, so I'll give you whatever bonus seems appropriate.
Welcome to Reality.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: August 12, 2013, 09:45:58 pm »

I don't think you're considered a full Commissariat.
"Commissariat" because the Commissar represents the organization in the field - notice he has the Logistic Rating of a Senior Officer, which is around (out of hierarchy) the level of prestige of a run-of-the-mill Commissar in a standard regiment.

And yeah, I also believe that kind of thing would have to be consulted with the GM, but the fact there's still a war raging on for our regiment's homeworld probably means supplies will be stretched thin. That and I didn't actually know the Commissar had that Logistics rating until I checked the table when you pointed out the Sergeant's. I guess that could be a bit unbalancing.
>Yes?

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: August 12, 2013, 10:37:35 pm »

I was thinking some sort of solid projectile sidearm, say a revolver.
Not recommended. Solid shot is generally inferior to las, in a number of ways.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: August 12, 2013, 11:17:51 pm »

FAKEEDIT: Yes, but you're a low ranking Commissar attached to a single squad, not the regiment as a whole, which is probably what Commissariat is meant to represent. At best, you'd probably have a rank of Senior Squad Rank Commissioned Officer(same Logistics as the NCO version, most likely), but you could only really requisition stuff for yourself. Tech-priest and priest probably have similar things, but only 15, rather than 25, and would request from their own organizations. Troopers would have ten.

Hmmm. I've got the rulebook out(on a different tab). There's Multiple Regiments, so that starts it off well. We've been here under a week, so that's a -10. We're not technically in a front, but we're basically being supplied, so that's probably something or another. The war conditions are basically a ceasefire, meaning +30 if the GM allows. And then some of the equipment we specialize in. Hurray!

So here's a list I'm compiling of what to requisition. I'll add to it as people make requests. After all, no harm in requisitioning more, right? :P
But seriously, if you see something you want(like a Targeter for the Multi-Las), just ask for it.
FAKEEDITAGAIN: I'm placing the ammunition requests next to the weapon requests for ease of finding and because if either one fails, I don't need the other one, but there will probably be two different requests.
Stub Revolver
Stub Revolver Ammunition
Sniper Rifle
Sniper Rifle Ammuntion
Blind Grenades
Krak Grenades
Stun Grenades
Shield
Mono upgrades for all Swords
2 Red Dot Laser Sights
Tox Dispenser
Tripod (for the Multi-Las; if we're going to have a heavy weapon, we need a tripod.)
Charge Packs(heavy) (See below, though we might not need more ammunition for them yet; I just don't know if we have any)
Melta Canisters(basic)(should be fairly easy if not automatic, since it's part of their standard gear, just like the commissar getting bolt rounds for his bolt pistol; page 164 I think.)
Bolt Pistol Rounds
2 Flamer Packs
8 Chameleoline Cloaks
8 Clip/Drop Harnesses
8 Sets of Filtration Plugs
Auspex/Scanner
Data-slate
Set of Field Sutures(?uses?)
Set of Magnoculars
Multi-Compass
4 Stummers
Vox-caster
Targeter
Motion Predictor
2 Recoil Gloves
2 Symbols of Sanctity

FAKEEDIT3RETURNOFTHEEDIT: Solid shot can be, but each of the solid shot pistols does have an advantage over the las pistol, as well as disadvantages. Autopistols can fire fully automatic, but have a smaller clip size, take longer to reload, and aren't Reliable; Stub Automatics do more damage, but have a much smaller clip size, take longer to reload, and aren't Reliable; Stub Revolvers do more damage, but can't fire semi-automatic, have a far smaller clip size, and take a lot longer to reload; and finally, Hand Cannons do quite a bit more damage, have a Pen score, and have a marginally larger range, but take a penalty if used in one hand, have a very small clip size, take a lot longer to reload, are heavier, and aren't Reliable.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 11:50:26 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: August 12, 2013, 11:23:29 pm »

There's no "low-ranking Commissar", Rolepgeek. Junior Commissar (Needs to be supervised by a full-fledged Commissar) is the position under Commissar and Commissar-Captain is above it.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 63