Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 63

Author Topic: Only War: Warband OOC FULL  (Read 54138 times)

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Only War: Warband OOC 6/6
« Reply #510 on: July 31, 2013, 06:48:42 pm »

Yes I know and when an entire regiment goes into battle men will be lost. We will not replace those losses as quickly as other regiments will meaning the less men we lose the better.

Besides thats why I said put it on your secondary weapon, or give yours to me and don't use it at all. I'll put it on my carbine so I can have it on both my guns. The carbine has better range anyway so it'll be useful to have on both it just means you can't fire until we're detected.

If we can clear enemies without being detected or setting off an alarm thats perfect, no risk of us being wounded and we get things done a lot easier.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 31, 2013, 06:51:32 pm »

I won't be using it unless stealth is needed most of the time anyway, because silencers don't work on heavy weapons. We'll probably be working with other regiments, though, and possibly even other drop regiments.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 31, 2013, 06:52:43 pm »

If we fire on them, we will be detected. have you heard a silencer fired? It wont be movie quiet. I would notice. The fact is, if you fire, you can kill them, i would rather hit hard and fast.
Than hit them like a limp noodle. And be quiet about it.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 31, 2013, 06:55:10 pm »

Well anyway who doesn't want to use the Whisper can give it to me, I can find a use for it. As long as I'm gonna be out on point I want to avoid making any noise if I can so it's useful to me.

If we fire they have a chance to detect us, if we're not in the direct line of sight then they roll to see if they detect us, the whisper reduces them odds by 20%. Besides my hotshot fires auto so I can sure as hell kill them. 2-3 hits will put them down. Carbine is semi so you can get off a few shots with it as well.

As long as your aim is good you'll kill fine, the odds of 1 damage making a difference isn't that high, even with the -1 to damage you could kill with 2 hits unless they have heavy armor and 3 if they do.

Why did we make a stealth regiment if we're not going to use stealth? Guns blazing takes away our regiments entire advantage the moment we fire a shot.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 06:57:17 pm by Alexandria »
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 31, 2013, 06:57:06 pm »

I concur with Elf, there's a reason the Whisperlas is in Rogue Trader and not Only War.

Well anyway who doesn't want to use the Whisper can give it to me, I can find a use for it. As long as I'm gonna be out on point I want to avoid making any noise if I can so it's useful to me.
"There's a reason you can't trade away your armour, Alexandria, if you don't have all the pieces of your kit on you at all times you'll be executed!"
"Oh, ok. Also, any of you not using this bit of your kit can give it to me!"
...Are you for serious?
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 31, 2013, 06:59:44 pm »

So I just give you the carbine to carry when we're on base. But no matter, I have 1 question though.

ARE YOU LOT KIDDING ME!!!!!

Our regiment is practically tailor built for stealth so your going to alert every enemy inside of a mile the moment we show up? At which point we become a stealth regiment in a heavy assault and lose our only edge. Why have we got a stealth regiment?
Now it never would.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 31, 2013, 07:00:21 pm »

Why did we make a stealth regiment if we're not going to use stealth? Guns blazing takes away our regiments entire advantage the moment we fire a shot.
Okay, so the reason we do this is to get into position. Once there, because they don't know we are there we open up.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 31, 2013, 07:02:18 pm »

..... dude we're not fighting a tiny force in 1 place. We're dropping into enemy territory. Getting into position then opening up will be good for about the first 3 minutes before we're being over run by reinforcements who heard us open up.

If we open up enemies are going to come at us from our flanks and behind us as well because we've given our position away.
Special forces use suppressors for assaults for a reason, it stops the enemy getting reinforcements.

They don't go loud until the enemy has begun to return fire alerting others in the area, they kill as many as they can quietly first to increase the odds.

If we're going to play a stealth regiment then we kill quietly as often as possible and only open up if and I repeat. IF we get detected.
Now it never would.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 31, 2013, 07:03:56 pm »

Hey Bd, will it be possible in this to get NPC engineers to do weapon mods for me? They're best suited to it anyway.
Depends. Simple modifications which are generally approved attachments to a weapon are okay, but any kind of mod working with the fine tuning of any of the internal parts is strictly forbidden. You have to keep in mind that most people view technology in sort of a superstitious way, and they see modifying items without the proper rites and incantations poses a risk of "upsetting the machine spirits." You guys are from a forge world, so you're very likely to know more about how to "properly please a machine spirit" (Such as performing the rite of unjamming, or knowing the proper holy oils needed to keep the machine spirit inside of your gun happy). Any kind of modifications that aren't simple attachments is again, forbidden. They don't want the troops messing up their items or disturbing machine spirits, even if it does seem beneficial. If you want anything beyond a simple weapon modification, you'll have to keep it hidden, and if they find out you did it you'll be in A LOT of trouble for messing with the gear that was given to you.

Also, I'd still very much like people to link their character sheet, and for the people who haven't fully finished theirs to get around to doing it. Also, I'd like to note you guys really don't know WHAT you'll be doing in this campaign. Sure, you'll be drop troops but it's not like every battle is going to revolve around you dropping in from above.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 31, 2013, 07:04:42 pm »

Please, dont call me dude out of derision.
We are not special forces. We changed our plan. We are paratroopers. We are going to be on a planet. A mile is not that big of an area. We could be trekking for miles around, and then ambush an enemy supply convoy. No one is going to hear the cracks of our guns.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 31, 2013, 07:06:34 pm »

So I just give you the carbine to carry when we're on base. But no matter, I have 1 question though.
...You mean the carbine that is part of your basic kit?
Well, roll a new character I guess...
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 31, 2013, 07:08:42 pm »

Hence I give you mine you give me yours on base.
The carbines are identical other then 1 has the whisper on it, mine is on my hotshot so it'd mean we both still had the full kit.

But we're all going to die anyway since we're going to give our position away and get slaughtered.

Our regiment is set up for stealth, so we're going to play assault troopers. This can't possibly go wrong.
Now it never would.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 31, 2013, 07:09:23 pm »

How do you know you're going to die easily if you've only skimmed over the rules and never played the game before?

Oh, just remembered you guys STILL need a hated enemy that ties into your homeworld background.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 31, 2013, 07:10:02 pm »

But we're all going to die anyway since we're going to give our position away and get slaughtered.
Our regiment is set up for stealth, so we're going to play assault troopers. This can't possibly go wrong.
We are not special forces. We changed our plan. We are paratroopers. We are going to be on a planet. A mile is not that big of an area. We could be trekking for miles around, and then ambush an enemy supply convoy. No one is going to hear the cracks of our guns.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 31, 2013, 07:11:22 pm »

I haven't played this game before. I've played a couple of the other versions of this before.

Our regiment is based around stealth, giving our position away the moment we come across an enemy is not stealth. If that was the plan we should have designed an assault regiment not a stealth regiment.

Uhm, Elf? Drop troopers do not get sent for tiny ambushes on convoys, they get sent to the real battlefields, thats why drop trooper casualty rates are high.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 07:13:38 pm by Alexandria »
Now it never would.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 63