Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 63

Author Topic: Only War: Warband OOC FULL  (Read 54171 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Only War: Warband OOC 6/6
« Reply #390 on: July 30, 2013, 11:20:46 pm »

Sounds pretty good. And dwarfy. Sounds like the Vniedkans (??) would be short and tough as a rule, probably with little hair due to the high temperatures. Thoughts?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 30, 2013, 11:23:52 pm »

Okay, that sounds fine by me, I will have to edit what my character looks like. Also, what side arm? Im up for the revolver! But Las pistol is okay too!
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 30, 2013, 11:25:17 pm »

Sounds pretty good. And dwarfy. Sounds like the Vniedkans (??) would be short and tough as a rule, probably with little hair due to the high temperatures. Thoughts?
The established form is Vniediken. It was created by Alexandria I think, although it could have been Harbinger.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 30, 2013, 11:30:19 pm »

You had a character appearance? Huh.

Anyways. What would be interested in a volcanically active planet? To take some less well-known examples, the Laer and Tarellians might like a nice, warm world, while Rak'Gol would probably like the chance to slaughter. Out of these, the Tarellians seem like they would stand the most to gain from claiming such a world. Only problem is, this doesn't leave us a good enemy.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 30, 2013, 11:31:02 pm »

Speaking of which, what have we decided on for the homeworld?
Forge World. I'll repost the regiment stats again.

Forge World: +3 to any two of the following characteristics. Intelligence, Perception, Toughness.
All forge world characters start with Common Lore (Adeptus Mechanicus), Common Lore (Tech), Linguistics (Low Gothic), Linguistics (Techna Lingua), and Logic.
(Forge World) Blessed of the Omnissiah: The Omnissiah grants many blessings upon his favoured subjects, and many mysteries of technology are revealed to those so blessed. Forge world characters start with the Peer (Adeptus Mechanicus) Talent.
(Forge World) Rites of Rewiring: Forge world characters can choose to start with one of the following Talents: Technical Knock or Weapons Tech.
(Forge World) Isolated by Machines: Forge world characters suffer a –10 penalty to any Interaction Tests made to interact with characters who are not also from a forge world or initiates of the Adeptus Mechanicus.
(Forge World) Starting Wounds: Forge world characters begin play with –1 starting Wounds.

Choleric Commander: Start with the Rapid Reaction talent.

Drop Troops: +3 Agility, -3 Fellowship. Start with Operate (Aeronautica). Starting Talent Catfall.

Infiltrators: Starting Skill Stealth, starting talent Blind Fighting,  When two or more characters from a Squad with this Doctrine are called upon to make a Stealth Test, one of the characters making the Test may choose to make his Test at a –10 penalty. If he succeeds, one other character making the Test may use the first character’s Agility Characteristic for the Test instead of his own. The characters must be
within 10 metres of one another to use this ability.

Sharpshooters: Starting Aptitude Ballistics Skill. Starting Talents Deadeye SHot.

Covert Strike: Members of this regiment gain a +10 bonus to all Logistics Tests made to acquire chameleoline cloaks or armour, clip/ drop harnesses, rebreathers, survival suits, auspex/ scanners, demolitions charges, grav chutes, multi- keys, multicompasses, stummers, static generators, and any other such equipment designed for stealth and infiltration. The Logistics bonus also covers the following stealth weapons: needle rifles, needle pistols, and sniper rifles, as well as the Silencer and Tox Dispenser upgrades.

Honor Bound (Pride Over Life): Members of this regiment must pass a Difficult (–10) Willpower Test to refuse any formal challenge or ignore any other major slight to their honour. If a character from this regiment succeeds on the Test, he sees the bigger picture and ignores the challenge or attempt to goad him into action. If he fails on the Test, however, he must engage the individual in question (either in a duel to settle matters in a formal and stylised fashion or simply in a brawl to express himself with his fists) or suffer a –10 penalty to Willpower Tests for the remainder of the session. This penalty is cumulative should he refuse multiple challenges to his dignity over the course of a single session. The Game Master can modify the difficulty of the Test—and the scale of the effects of failing it—as he deems appropriate to the situation.

Lost Homeworld (Survivors Guilt): Members of this regiment begin play with 2d10 Insanity Points.

Lost Homeworld (Last Survivors): Each time a Squad from this regiment requests replacement members (to replace lost Comrades), the Game Master rolls 1d10 instead of having the recruits come from the original core of the regiment. On a result of 3–4, the recruits come from the original survivors of the regiment, members of other Squads within the regiment who also lost members. On a result of 5–10, they come from another regiment that has recently suffered terrible losses and happens to be near enough for the Departmento Munitorum to group the two regiments together. On a result of 1–2, however, the Squad receives no reinforcements at all, and must soldier on until its
members can put in another request for troop support.

Lose Homeworld (Starting Talent): Choose one race for the Hatred talent to be applied to.

The Few (Limited Numbers): When a Squad from this regiment requests reinforcements (to replace fallen Comrades), it must make a Hard (–20) Logistics Test if most of the regiment is actively deployed or an Ordinary (+10) Logistics Test if a significant portion of the regiment is not currently in the field (these Tests already include situational modifiers except those added at the GM’s discretion). If it fails, the regiment simply has no reinforcements it can spare for the Squad, and its members must soldier on until its members can put in another request for troop support.

Hardened Fighters: +2 Weapons Skill, Starting Talent Street Fighting.

Your regiment's starting kit is as follows, not counting the miscellaneous things you get from the normal universal kit.

• One uniform
• One set of poor weather gear
• One Good Quality Las Carbine, six clips.
• One laspistol (Main Weapon),
and two charge packs
• One knife
• One flak vest
• One rucksack or sling bag
• One set of basic tools
• One mess kit and one water canteen
• One blanket and one sleep bag
• One rechargeable lamp pack
• One grooming kit
• One set of cognomen tags or equivalent
identification
• One primer or instructional handbook
• Combat sustenance rations, four weeks of corpse-starch rations.
• Advanced Medkit (Medic Only)
• One Drop/Clip Harness

Correct me if I made any mistakes or you want to make any changes.

The clip/drop harness is basically used to rapple down buildings/high structures easily, giving you a +30 on climb tests and if you fail you won't fall. Seems pretty useful for drop troops. Does this seem all right?
That seems rather pointless, given we start with Grav Chutes.
[/quote]
I suppose, but I think it could be useful in a few situations. Would you guys rather swap it out for an extra grenade or something?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 30, 2013, 11:33:14 pm »

Name: Avos Yorke "Goat"
Demeanor: Cautious and Steely
Appearance: A tall man, with a narrow, but muscled figure. He wears glasses, that frame his intimidating grey eyes, and keeps another pair of glasses with his equipment. He has a well trimmed beard, a goatee. His nose has been broken many times, and a scar runs from a cut on it, down to the corner of his mouth. His hair is a dark brown. He is a little older than thirty.
Backstory: As a young man, he grew up in the lower parts of the forge. He worked his way up, having to watch his back, and jockey for advancing in position. He finally made it. But after that the invasion happened. He was soon drafted. He survived by being smart, and not being brash, as he saw many glory seekers die. HE held back, calculated, and finally they lost the planet. He became grim, his family had died, and when a man asked him jokingly how his wife was, not knowing she was dead, he stared him into submission. Now he does his best to keep his squad mates alive.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 08:16:25 pm by Elfeater »
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 30, 2013, 11:38:03 pm »

Would a grapnel be more useful? Scaling buildings seems like something we would want to do more than rappelling down them.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 30, 2013, 11:44:10 pm »

Would a grapnel be more useful? Scaling buildings seems like something we would want to do more than rappelling down them.
I concur.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 30, 2013, 11:44:42 pm »

I think I posted before, but GWG was making his char.

I'd like to maybe join the waitlist, don't know the books, but I did read quite a bit about Dark Heresy, and I do know the setting. Mostly. Well, I know Tau(intricately, sort of), Chaos(mostly), Imperial Guard(Somewhat), and Space Marine(Sort of).

I could possibly use scribd to read the book, as I did for Dark Heresy. If I don't, should I simply PM you?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 30, 2013, 11:46:45 pm »

I concur.
Sure, consider that apart of your kit instead of the clip/drop harness.

I could possibly use scribd to read the book, as I did for Dark Heresy. If I don't, should I simply PM you?
Sure, PM me if you can't find it.

Some information on the culture and general demeanor of the people who lived on your home planet would be nice too, like why are people in your regiment so bound to honor? Just some general information on the planet and people themselves would be nice.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 30, 2013, 11:54:53 pm »

Alrighty, My character sheet is done. Cept for the side arm.
And culturally, we should be very organized. Keeping records, which is why we are honor bound. Because any strikes against your family's honor would be logged. Does that make sense?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 30, 2013, 11:55:26 pm »

Where is this "Normal Universal Kit"?

Aside from that and fluff, my character is done.
Sig

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 30, 2013, 11:57:56 pm »

Its under the regiment creation.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 30, 2013, 11:58:24 pm »

Pg. 68.

So far I believe I have four completed character sheets. One from GWG, one from Elfeater, one from Alexandria, and one from Calleath. The only people who have provided a short backstory/personality description are Alexandria and Elfeater.
Welcome to Reality.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 30, 2013, 11:59:50 pm »

Alrighty, My character sheet is done. Cept for the side arm.
And culturally, we should be very organized. Keeping records, which is why we are honor bound. Because any strikes against your family's honor would be logged. Does that make sense?
This. Also, our quest for honor can be a product of our destruction. In the Vniediken refugee camps, everyone is bound to seek glory and benefit to the camp, because they need every hand they can get. This leads to a very rigid and established order, which prevents lawlessness and helps keep the survivors alive.

I'm thinking our survivors can live on sattelite belts which were in orbit around the planet.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 63