Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63

Author Topic: Only War: Warband OOC FULL  (Read 54045 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Only War: Warband OOC FULL
« Reply #915 on: November 04, 2013, 10:32:47 pm »

Maybe if we weren't talking about a forge world drop regiment.

But yeah, 13th is fine, though I question if it's really necessary to have a 2spooky number.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: November 04, 2013, 10:33:56 pm »

Agreed, we could easily do 12th or 14th.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: November 04, 2013, 10:34:20 pm »

Maybe if we weren't talking about a forge world drop regiment.

But yeah, 13th is fine, though I question if it's really necessary to have a 2spooky number.
It's sort of a proclamation of the fact that we are both incredibly unlucky as a planet, because of all those negative traits, and also incredibly unlucky by virtue of being a player squad in Warhammer 40k.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: November 04, 2013, 10:34:58 pm »

That's all a given, we don't need the number 13th to signify it :p

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: November 04, 2013, 10:36:21 pm »

But it's a Baker's Dozen! We can have an extra redshirt squaddie!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: November 04, 2013, 10:40:48 pm »

Let's be the 71st.

They still make an awful lot of regiments, after all.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: November 04, 2013, 10:42:13 pm »

Eh, does it matter yet? Have the GM roll a random number between 1-75
That'll end the argument.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: November 04, 2013, 10:43:09 pm »

You're being too blunt about it. Why not, for irony's sake, go with the 88th, or just the 8th?

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: November 04, 2013, 10:47:28 pm »

I actually have one request: Can we not be the 666th regiment? That's an absurdly high number for such a supposedly recent planet, ESPECIALLY with a drop regiment, and it breaks immersion.
How about the 13th, then (The whole 666 thing was a sort of metagame proclamation of our incredible misfortune as a planet)? Or you could reason that lower numbers are reserved for line troops, so 666 isn't actually that high.
They aren't. In fact, the example Elysian regiment included in the Only War Core Rulebook is the "Elysian 13th “Helldivers” Drop Troops" Regiment.
8th works for me.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: November 04, 2013, 10:48:05 pm »

Lets go with 8th

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: November 04, 2013, 10:48:41 pm »

I actually have one request: Can we not be the 666th regiment? That's an absurdly high number for such a supposedly recent planet, ESPECIALLY with a drop regiment, and it breaks immersion.
How about the 13th, then (The whole 666 thing was a sort of metagame proclamation of our incredible misfortune as a planet)? Or you could reason that lower numbers are reserved for line troops, so 666 isn't actually that high.
They aren't. In fact, the example Elysian regiment included in the Only War Core Rulebook is the "Elysian 13th “Helldivers” Drop Troops" Regiment.
8th works for me.
"Many worlds, many stories, blah blah, feel free to make your own backstory elements."

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: November 04, 2013, 10:51:34 pm »

Oh, it could be specific to that world, certainly, I was simply clarifying it is not the general practice, since I know not everyone in the game has much knowledge of the fluff.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: November 04, 2013, 10:52:16 pm »

Yep, thanks for the clarification ;D.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: November 04, 2013, 11:12:34 pm »

GM, can we have the ability to drop ourselves?
By that, I assume you mean having your own air transport that you controlled. The way I intended to do it originally, is that you'd be dropped/picked up when needed if you could contact the transport itself and get proper authorization. I really wanted to give off a WW2 Paratrooper vibe, where you weren't entirely sure where you were and you had to meet up with other groups to complete your objective.

I remember it. I also think that some of the comrade advances are rather important, it meshes well with each other, and allows for more role-playing, people becoming buds and such.

Plus, Ogryn with Little 'Un(probably adjusted to give extra wounds) and a Psyker with Overseer. Best friends forever, and the Psyker gets to not die all the time.
I still want to drop comrades, however I will try to implement the advances in different ways. Either re-working them so a second person isn't required, or just making it so you can designate another player as a comrade for the purpose of the advancement.

A bit slow to respond since I haven't made much progress on re-creating the campaign, however since you guys generally seem to want to make new regiments/characters that shouldn't be a big issue. I'm also still debating whether or not to do IRC Games, or Play By Post games at the moment. I worked out everyone's times using this just in case you guys wanted to go with the IRC plan.

You could look at what Adwarf is doing with Cleansing of Lokmar for comrades, Tempted to sign up for this, but I am already in cleansing of Lokmar,
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: November 04, 2013, 11:13:36 pm »

I liked what he was doing, but it didn't replace the need for comrades entirely. I'll just look at it all later tomorrow and figure out some kind of rudimentary way to balance out not having comrades (Which shouldn't be too hard) and improve on it as we play.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63