Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 63

Author Topic: Only War: Warband OOC FULL  (Read 54075 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Only War: Warband OOC FULL
« Reply #720 on: August 07, 2013, 10:00:57 pm »

Finished editing my post. TL;DR: Don't count on air support, micro-beads rock and I'll assume you have already saluted unless you say otherwise or you don't need to salute (Tech-Priest, Priest).
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: August 07, 2013, 10:04:01 pm »

There are fun times ahead of the two of us, Caellath. !!FUN!! times indeed.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: August 07, 2013, 10:05:08 pm »

Everyone is doing pretty decently so far, I have no real complaints. I might hand out bonus XP to people who consistently RP at a high-quality, but otherwise everyone is doing fine.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 07, 2013, 10:05:49 pm »

I'll try.

Also, my character sheet is updated with appearance, personality, and background. This will change as you guys learn more about me. :D
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 07, 2013, 10:06:06 pm »

Do we have to wait for you to say we're processed before the next person states their credentials?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: August 07, 2013, 10:08:07 pm »

Generally it'll be assumed that everyone states who they are and where they're from, no need for EVERYONE to state it. You'll then be told where your sleeping arrangements are, and will pretty much be given free-reign to explore the city until curfew.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: August 07, 2013, 10:09:14 pm »

Ah, what is our pay looking like?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: August 07, 2013, 10:10:36 pm »

The commissar doesn't execute you. That's what you get paid :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 07, 2013, 10:11:36 pm »

You mean the knowledge that the Emperor's will is being fulfilled isn't all the pay you need?

HERESY!

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: August 07, 2013, 10:11:45 pm »

Your pay? Hah. At the most, you'll be allowed a certain amount of alcohol at the nearest mess hall/bar, but that will typically be only one or two drinks a day. Any equipment must be attained through logistics with proper paperwork and proper reasoning behind the items (That can take awhile too, unless you're particularly convincing), and if you want to get anything else you can haggle with the various merchants of the city, but considering you don't have any money and can't trade your equipment away you won't be able to do much. There might be some kind of "black market" set up by the local regiments, but don't count on being able to reliably get anything from it and if you try you might get in trouble.
Welcome to Reality.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 07, 2013, 10:17:42 pm »

On the matter of Sergeant x Commissar attrition: Commissars are usually resented due to being foreign officers trained in the Schola Progenium and who are believed to have no sympathy for their troops (Knoll is from the same Forge World as the regiment, he was just trained in an offworld Schola) while Sergeants are usually liked because they are both soldiers like everyone else and the squad they are attached is already used to their Sergeant.
As for the Commissar's powers:
It is their duty to "encourage" the men of an Imperial Guard regiment to fight, fighting alongside the regiment's officers and taking control when morale is flagging or the men are not fighting with sufficient zeal. In such situations a Commissar can take over command from an officer and summarily execute any man who tries to flee.

Even a Colonel of a regiment must be sure to display courage and zeal at all times when a Commissar is watching them.
In general, they are political officers who can get away with a lot. Yes, Sergeants must salute them and yes, they can execute people and take command when such is deemed necessary. However, it doesn't mean they have to do it. Preferentially, nothing goes wrong at all and the Commissar doesn't have to give actual combat orders. Most of the time he'll shout and roar to keep morale up to standards as well as, in some cases, try to inspire men through example rather than summary executions.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: August 07, 2013, 10:24:59 pm »

Yes, and one of the things I've had to tell to my Commissar player in my old party is that yes, you have the authority to execute someone at will. But you have to keep in mind, that the average guardsmen doesn't appreciate his buddy getting offed for not saluting a guy. It'd be easy for an entire squad to kill a Commissar out in the field, and claim he was killed by the enemy. A Commissar needs to balance keeping the morale up to standards, but not completely pissing off and alienating the men under him.
Welcome to Reality.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 07, 2013, 10:25:36 pm »

Inquisitor's are higher up than Commisars right?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: August 07, 2013, 10:32:46 pm »

Yep. Many a Commissar died to "enemy action" in the field, especially after they offed a random Guardsman or a Sergeant just to "improve morale" and then found themselves at the business end of the entire squad's weapons. The good news is that the new batch of Commissariat recruits was impressed by the deeds of people like Gaunt, Ciaphas Cain (HERO OF THE IMPERIUM) and Yarrick, so a good number of them have resorted to fighting and leading by example.

And yes, Inquisitors are technically higher up than Commissars. There is no need for salutes, but it's clear who's higher-ranked even without a formal structure for such matters.
>Yes?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: August 07, 2013, 10:33:47 pm »

Okay, updated the OP with character sheets. I only edited a few of them for formatting, and I'd highly advise that anyone who doesn't have a format similar to Caellath's character sheet to edit it for easier readability. Going to write an update now, give me a bit.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 63