Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 63

Author Topic: Only War: Warband OOC FULL  (Read 54129 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Only War: Warband OOC 6/6
« Reply #495 on: July 31, 2013, 03:59:16 pm »

Its how the game works. Leave it be! Its like saying a suit of plate mail isnt full body!  It is! It just has leather straps to it allows you to move!
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 31, 2013, 04:00:21 pm »

IIRC, Imperial Flak Armor is the combination of several plates of thicker armor plates over the chest, legs, arms, shins etc. with a backing of a bulletproof cloth, much like the Plate + Chain Mail of medieval knights (you have may have seen it before). The difference between it and the separated flak vest/flak helmet/flak gauntlet pieces shown in the armor table is that the former seems to be thicker and doled out to Guardsmen while the latter tends to be cheaper and issued to either lighter infantry within the Guardsmen or Conscripts.

And Carapace is described as being much easier to repair than flak since you just replace the damaged plates in carapace armor. Flak armor apparently cracks and rips a bit too badly.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 31, 2013, 04:03:14 pm »

Yeah thats what I found on the Lexicanum as well.

Imperial guard flak armor is the same as normal flak armor, it comes in pieces. It's just made of higher quality materials making it stronger and the same material is used for each piece of it so it always offers the same protection.

So I could use individual pieces to replace my own in the field until I have time to get new platers to repair it.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 31, 2013, 04:05:06 pm »

Sure, fine then. I'll just make up a fitting armor value for any individual pieces you decide to put on. I forgot how much players like to focus on things that are only marginally important.

Also, can everyone please link/post the most update version of their character sheet for me? I'd rather not have to crawl through the thread looking for them all. Because once we get all finished character sheets, we can actually start.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Only War: Warband OOC 5/6
« Reply #499 on: July 31, 2013, 04:06:57 pm »

Spoiler: Character. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backstory. (click to show/hide)

First thing to buy, rapid reload.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 09:32:34 pm by Alexandria »
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 31, 2013, 04:43:59 pm »

On the matter of the whisper-bolt discharger, remember that it is a good tool but at the same time it would pretty much beg us to play nice and slow, or at least move stealthily most of time to actually make use of the advantage it provides. Charging in guns blazing wouldn't be very optimal, and though there's the possibility of beginning the game with it already installed, it isn't that easy to uninstall the system, meaning that in open firefights you'll have a -1 to damage, though that could be compensated by overcharging the weapon.

It is a matter of playstyle, really.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 31, 2013, 05:01:57 pm »

I prefer damage to silence honestly. They are going to know we are there. haha
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 31, 2013, 05:05:08 pm »

Not if we do it properly Elf.

We don't have the numbers for a straight fight, if we did that to often we'd be cut to pieces. So if you prefer damage then put it on your secondary weapon so your primary keeps it's damage.

I've put it on my hotshot las rifle, with it's high penetration and +1 damage over the carbine it'll still be more effective then most of your guns, I'll probably be playing vanguard anyway since with the stealth suit and my rank 2 in stealth I'm about the best sneaker in the squad, so I'm best suited to hopefully keeping us out of direct fights.

If we have to do one then we use them guns first to try and avoid detection, the longer we go undetected the more we can kill before they come for us.

Besides we're built as a stealth regiment, silence is our friend.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 05:08:49 pm by Alexandria »
Now it never would.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 31, 2013, 06:15:17 pm »

Reading through the combat details, this game shares a whole lot with XCOM. Sheet won't upload properly, so I'll transcribe the vital information in a moment.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 31, 2013, 06:20:39 pm »

Hey Bd, will it be possible in this to get NPC engineers to do weapon mods for me? They're best suited to it anyway.
Now it never would.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 31, 2013, 06:28:04 pm »

Alex, you seem to think we will be on our own. We will have supporting units. Unless the shit hits the fan, then I don't know if we will even have each other to rely on.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 31, 2013, 06:33:39 pm »

I know we're not on our own, it was mentioned a few times before.

I'm just not certain if NPC can do that kind of thing for us or if it has to be done by a player.
Now it never would.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 31, 2013, 06:34:18 pm »

I was talking about our numbers.
Your post before that one.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 31, 2013, 06:36:23 pm »

Oh, I meant because our numbers are limited, we've got low reinforcements so we need to avoid direct confrontation as often as we can to limit our losses.
Now it never would.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 31, 2013, 06:42:31 pm »

If we are going to fire, I would rather fire with more damage. We can get into position, then open up and kill them. A hiss vs a crack, when there are hundreds of troopers attacking the same area.
The few doesnt mean its just a handful. But we will probably have a few thousand.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 63