Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 63

Author Topic: Only War: Warband OOC FULL  (Read 54158 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Only War: Warband OOC 6/6
« Reply #420 on: July 31, 2013, 11:06:36 am »

>.>

Oh.

Thought that could be the case.

What about grenades?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 31, 2013, 11:06:47 am »

But we want that upgrade, it reduces the odds of jams or overheating.

The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 31, 2013, 11:13:14 am »

I am all for using the better carbines. But we need to decide on the side arm!
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 31, 2013, 11:14:46 am »

I said Good Quality carbines do not help. They are the same as Common Quality. Good Quality adds the Reliable trait and the Las Carbines are already Reliable. Meaning both have the same chance of jamming (one in one hundred) and no chance of overheating.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 31, 2013, 11:16:03 am »

Upgrade the melta and the multilas?
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 31, 2013, 11:19:41 am »

Well, I either want to be a Sanctioned Psyker, an Operator, an Enginseer, or a Ratling. I'd prefer Operator, but can take Enginseer if our regiment doesn't use vehicles.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 31, 2013, 11:20:06 am »

We can only upgrade one of the things in our standard kit.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 31, 2013, 11:22:27 am »

Alright, but what do you guys want for a side arm?

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 31, 2013, 11:23:57 am »

Well then I'd go for the best quality armor but going off memory since I'm on a phone that costs 10 and we have 9.

Sidearm I won't carry so I don't care.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 31, 2013, 11:45:16 am »

Why are you so anti fire arm? You should get one, just incase.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 31, 2013, 11:46:08 am »

HEAVIES NO USE PUNY WEA-

Oh wait that's my Ogryn voice...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 31, 2013, 11:46:41 am »

I'm not, I've got 2 guns already I don't really need a third one. It'll weigh me down more then I already am.
Now it never would.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 31, 2013, 11:50:18 am »

Eh, it wont weigh you down, I will take your ammo when we get into the fray though.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 31, 2013, 11:55:39 am »

I've got the heaviest armor already as well as 2 rifles and all our other kit. Even a little extra weight is worth avoiding for me and a side arm isn't really required when you've got 2 rifles.
Now it never would.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 31, 2013, 12:20:35 pm »

I say we probably wouldn't miss a sidearm because most of us have a gun aside from the Las Carbine (Commissar has a Bolt Pistol, Weapon Spec. has the Melta Gun, etc.) and the Las Carbine has a good amount of charge packs, not to mention it would be fairly easy to requisition ammo unless the Munitorum screws things up and - sincerely - if the Munitorum screws up a laspistol won't save our collective asses.

Let's try to calculate what was already picked and what's lacking. I remembered the GM added Well-Provisioned so we have no extra equipment points, so let's take a look at the options, since we have 30 points:

5 (grapnel) + 10 (upgrade flak armour to Best) + 15 (whisper-bolt discharger) = 30 points
5 (grapnel) + 5 (clip/drop harness) + 8 (micro-beads) + 10 (flak armor to best) + 2 (chrono) = 30 points
5 (grapnel) + 5 (laspistol plus 2 charge packs) + 8 (micro-beads) + 10 (flak armor to best) + 2 (chrono) = 30 points
5 (grapnel) + 10 (upgrade flak armour to Best) + 15 (add one advanced medkit to everyone's gear) = 30 points

Have in mind that: the micro-beads (earpiece for tactical comms) are a good choice since they'd allow us to remain in constant contact; having a watch always has its uses; finally, Advanced Medkits add +20 to anyone's attempt at Medicae even if you don't have it trained.

Alternatively, getting the Flak Armour to Good would still be a good choice as long as we aren't being constantly shot in the face, since it adds +1 armor against the first shot you take in a round. We'd still miss the cutdown in weight which would probably help our wimpier people, though.

It is also worth noting we'd need to clear up our final setup with the GM.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 12:23:19 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 63