Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 63

Author Topic: Only War: Warband OOC FULL  (Read 54146 times)

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Only War: Warband OOC 5/6
« Reply #180 on: July 30, 2013, 02:58:22 pm »

For extraction you want speed really to outrun the pursuit. I doubt we can get many vehicles but we can probably try to customize them a bit.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 30, 2013, 03:00:32 pm »

A jeep is still faster than any tanks. Plus bikes might not have the space, and for longer missions, jeeps can hold supplies.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 30, 2013, 03:06:29 pm »

The bikes have plenty of space under the seats and the speeder has storage, plus a soldier can fit a weeks worth of supplies in his backpack as well. Supplies isn't a major problem anyway drop troopers don't really do long jobs, they're dropped in to smash an objective then bang out again for replacements and to resupply.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 30, 2013, 03:09:10 pm »

Well, expense wise, one jeep for the squad? Or a bike per person? A land speeder... more than either.
Plus we are green as is. We wont get THAT good of equipment.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 30, 2013, 03:12:05 pm »

We probably aren't going to get the vehicles until later. Until then, we can use our feet for the first mission or two.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 30, 2013, 03:13:42 pm »

Yup, I'll take a bike for sure. Fast as hell and with guns mounted on the front it's exactly my kind of weapon. The kind that requires you to give no fucks if you live or die and just charge in firing.
Now it never would.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 30, 2013, 03:15:47 pm »

I might operate the turret(s) on the landspeeder, considering my focus on heavy weapons.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 30, 2013, 03:16:03 pm »

I think we would b e better and have a jeep, we can use it as a mobile gun platform, for ambushes and such. Bugger going in and getting shot...

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 30, 2013, 03:23:15 pm »

Dude the jeep is not a stealth vehicle of any kind, it's far to slow, far to bulky and far to noisy not to mention it's to heavy for aerial deployment.
Now it never would.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 30, 2013, 03:24:09 pm »

Is there a specific jeep vehicle? If so I will look at the stats, I didnt know if there was or wasnt.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 30, 2013, 03:29:17 pm »

None that I know of, I don't think they really use jeeps in this setting any more.

It tends to mostly be bikes and speeders for that kind of thing.
Now it never would.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 30, 2013, 03:37:51 pm »

I think we might both be thinking of different style of jeeps, cause they are off road, more affordable per squad, and im not talking apc sized, during market garden they dropped multiple jeeps in with the British forces. And they are still fairly quiet. This isn't the movies. We don't need to be super silent when we are moving before we get spotted. Why do you think scouts use jeeps? We only need to be super quiet when approaching enemy positions, which we should be doing by foot.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 30, 2013, 03:39:27 pm »

Eh, I prefer the bikes, personally.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 30, 2013, 03:42:26 pm »

So do I, bikes are far more effective, 4 bikes has more space for supplies, faster, more maneuverable, a lot more tactical options, more firepower.
Most importantly, if we lose 2 bikes we're fine because at a stretch you can put 2 on 1 bike, where as if we lose the jeep we've got 4 people with no transport.
Now it never would.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 30, 2013, 03:42:58 pm »

Geez. I delayed in catching up, then I delayed some more. I'm probably missing some important stuff--I stopped reading after Page 4.

For now: What decisions were made on the regiment and did someone else beat me to a medic?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 63