Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32

Author Topic: Gods and Mortals: Godhood/Pantheon Fusion (OOC) (No new applications for now)  (Read 38407 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Gods and Mortals: Godhood/Pantheon Fusion (OOC/Applications)
« Reply #195 on: August 08, 2013, 11:33:54 am »

Hey, uh, you know that thing about MutOrd not causing cataclysms on Tantiy? Yeah, about that...

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 08, 2013, 11:39:31 am »

Hey, uh, you know that thing about MutOrd not causing cataclysms on Tantiy? Yeah, about that...

Remuthra, you are making an utterly colossal mistake.  While Tantiy could not attack you beforehand, this action would allow Tantiy to defend itself for as long as it is going on (which would be for many, many, many turns, since it is only 5 years a turn), and in one turn, Tantiy would gain a third mighty act, allowing it to kill you utterly.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 08, 2013, 11:40:59 am »

Remuthra, you are making an utterly colossal mistake.  While Tantiy could not attack you beforehand, this action would allow Tantiy to defend itself for as long as it is going on (which would be for many, many, many turns, since it is only 5 years a turn), and in one turn, Tantiy would gain a third mighty act, allowing it to kill you utterly.
It's my job to advance civilization by oppressing them.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 08, 2013, 11:47:27 am »

Can't really do that if your dead in all forms.  Your work with the tungsten, despite the higher cost to remove something another god did, would be undone by the power of Tantiy before it even had a chance to do anything.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 08, 2013, 11:48:16 am »

Ah, excellent. Post today.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 08, 2013, 12:18:50 pm »

Can't really do that if your dead in all forms.  Your work with the tungsten, despite the higher cost to remove something another god did, would be undone by the power of Tantiy before it even had a chance to do anything.
Despite, there are ways he can do the same without outright attacking.

Throwing a fairly massive object in a fairly close orbit would suffice. Geological tides ftw.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 08, 2013, 12:33:30 pm »

Throwing a fairly massive object in a fairly close orbit would suffice. Geological tides ftw.

Or build up his Malevolent Elves.  Or bring some of the Gullet's mold varieties to the surface.  But right now, his plan of action would allow for Tantiy's retaliation.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 08, 2013, 12:42:41 pm »

Or build up his Malevolent Elves.  Or bring some of the Gullet's mold varieties to the surface.  But right now, his plan of action would allow for Tantiy's retaliation.

Those sort of actions are against what I'm trying to do here. I'm not just trying to kill people.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 08, 2013, 02:14:42 pm »

I was just about to ask about that.
For the record, this sort of scenario was not what I had in mind when I made my god a planet.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 08, 2013, 06:54:56 pm »

Or he could ask the Tunnel God to make Tunnels in Tanity's heart/core.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 08, 2013, 06:56:25 pm »

Wouldn't that also be a bit of an attack, and therefore a bad idea?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 08, 2013, 06:57:32 pm »

Ah, but I'd be attacking the planet, not the god itself. I'd just destroy everything he has on his surface is all.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 08, 2013, 06:58:41 pm »

I'm not actually attacking the god, I'm just giving it a gift. To attack it, I would have to do it damage.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 08, 2013, 07:00:35 pm »

Anyhow, post up tonightish.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 08, 2013, 07:03:03 pm »

Depends on if he redirects the crystal wyrms (?) to the planet (in which case it would be considered life finding its way, and you would just have to suffer) or if there is a race specifically created on you for that purpose/they are dug out by acts (in which case, it would be considered an attack).  It's extremely convoluted, so people should ask me whether the action against the overgod would be classified as an attack, because I consider too many factors for that.

Ah, but I'd be attacking the planet, not the god itself. I'd just destroy everything he has on his surface is all.

That argument doesn't work when the god is the planet.

I'm not actually attacking the god, I'm just giving it a gift. To attack it, I would have to do it damage.

You are melting it's avatar...how does that not cause damage?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 07:06:54 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32