Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 32

Author Topic: Gods and Mortals: Godhood/Pantheon Fusion (OOC) (No new applications for now)  (Read 38408 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Gods and Mortals: Godhood/Pantheon Fusion (OOC/Applications)
« Reply #240 on: August 11, 2013, 03:29:00 pm »

I seriously warned you Remuthra.  Now, depending on how many acts GreatWyrmGold decides to dump into sealing you away, it could take you awhile to get out of that change.  It will take 1 act and 1 minor act to get rid of the rod, so he can put in 3 mighty acts and 4 acts at maximum, but, if he chooses to do that, then you would need the equivalent of 4 mighty acts, 3 acts, and 1 minor act to remove it.  And it can be strengthened.

Oh, GreatWyrm, you could make the chair on fire to constantly inflict pain, in order to do to him what was tried to do to you.   :P
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 11, 2013, 03:54:25 pm »

I seriously warned you Remuthra.  Now, depending on how many acts GreatWyrmGold decides to dump into sealing you away, it could take you awhile to get out of that change.  It will take 1 act and 1 minor act to get rid of the rod, so he can put in 3 mighty acts and 4 acts at maximum, but, if he chooses to do that, then you would need the equivalent of 4 mighty acts, 3 acts, and 1 minor act to remove it.  And it can be strengthened.

Oh, GreatWyrm, you could make the chair on fire to constantly inflict pain, in order to do to him what was tried to do to you.   :P

Can I get parole time if I remove the rod myself? It didn't work as I wanted.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 11, 2013, 10:32:25 pm »

I'll be sure to specify how much effort will be used now that I understand how my action works.

You don't understand Tantiy's intent. Yes, It wants to punish Malevolence. It is doing so by forcing it and its power into a form vaguely similar to its old one, but as opposite as it can be from it, that performs the opposite of its intent.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 12, 2013, 02:38:14 am »

Well, thinking over the effects of Tantiy's curse, I have determined the following:

1. It removes my power of choice. Anything I theoretically might do would be the opposite of my actions, defined by the GM's will as to what said opposite is.

2. It removes my ability to use my power. This is obvious, as it is stated in the action.

3. It removes my ability to roleplay, because I no longer have the ability to do what defines a god, and my character is forcibly removed from the one I created.

4. It removes my ability to remove the curse, as that would both require powers I can no longer access, and its removal would not be beneficial in any case.

5. If I ever am able to do anything again, all my creations will have fallen without my guidance, and I will likely have either been usurped into oblivion first or the game will have died.

All together, I likely will not be posting here again. While some of the effects of the effects of the curse, with a GM willing to bend the rules set forth by Tantiy quite a bit, would be surpassable and allow me to continue, the combination makes my character utterly and completely unsalvageable. In a different game, with a different play environment, in a game where only some of the above are true, I might be able to continue, but that is definitively not this game. So, in short, farewell. While I am still in the game, I will cease any commitment to it indefinitely. Sorry, I can't do anything here :(.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 12, 2013, 02:42:19 am »

Well, thinking over the effects of Tantiy's curse, I have determined the following:

1. It removes my power of choice. Anything I theoretically might do would be the opposite of my actions, defined by the GM's will as to what said opposite is.

2. It removes my ability to use my power. This is obvious, as it is stated in the action.

3. It removes my ability to roleplay, because I no longer have the ability to do what defines a god, and my character is forcibly removed from the one I created.

4. It removes my ability to remove the curse, as that would both require powers I can no longer access, and its removal would not be beneficial in any case.

5. If I ever am able to do anything again, all my creations will have fallen without my guidance, and I will likely have either been usurped into oblivion first or the game will have died.

All together, I likely will not be posting here again. While some of the effects of the effects of the curse, with a GM willing to bend the rules set forth by Tantiy quite a bit, would be surpassable and allow me to continue, the combination makes my character utterly and completely unsalvageable. In a different game, with a different play environment, in a game where only some of the above are true, I might be able to continue, but that is definitively not this game. So, in short, farewell. While I am still in the game, I will cease any commitment to it indefinitely. Sorry, I can't do anything here :(.
Hey, remember what I said about Raven being here to fuck all the plans up?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 12, 2013, 03:02:06 am »

Hey, remember what I said about Raven being here to fuck all the plans up?
This game is competitive, and it would cost a massive amount of mana in any case. I can't really be sure how much I may be looking at this overly negatively, because I am exhausted right now and also furious at realizing I've been deus ex machina'd, but I'm pretty sure I can't count on anyone being able to save me. It would take ages anyway.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 12, 2013, 03:03:34 am »

This game is competitive, and it would cost a massive amount of mana in any case. I can't really be sure how much I may be looking at this overly negatively, because I am exhausted right now and also furious at realizing I've been deus ex machina'd, but I'm pretty sure I can't count on anyone being able to save me. It would take ages anyway.
Hey, God didn't ask you to try attacking him...
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 12, 2013, 03:06:58 am »

Hey, God didn't ask you to try attacking him...
I didn't mean to attack him, and I didn't try to remove his power of choice.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 12, 2013, 03:12:13 am »

Dude, this kind of thing happens to me all the time in FG&RP. They make you inert to prevent you from fucking up creation, but it inevitably turns out to you being the subtle driving force behind evil plots and such.
What I'm saying is, while I may not be able to get rid of your chairness, I can alleviate it a bit.
Sig! Onol

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 12, 2013, 03:23:57 am »

Dude, this kind of thing happens to me all the time in FG&RP. They make you inert to prevent you from fucking up creation, but it inevitably turns out to you being the subtle driving force behind evil plots and such.
What I'm saying is, while I may not be able to get rid of your tableness, I can alleviate it a bit.
The inert part isn't actually the problem. The problem is that my character's personality is magically changed, and has been relieved of the ability to make choices, now having to be purely good. The other problem is that I am now a table that thinks, but has no way of affecting the world, mentally or physically. If those weren't true, I wouldn't be angry, and I would have a way to proceed.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 12, 2013, 03:33:46 am »

What I'm saying is, while I may not be able to get rid of your tableness, I can alleviate it a bit.
The inert part isn't actually the problem. The problem is that my character's personality is magically changed, and has been relieved of the ability to make choices, now having to be purely good. The other problem is that I am now a table that thinks, but has no way of affecting the world, mentally or physically. If those weren't true, I wouldn't be angry, and I would have a way to proceed.
Again, what I'm here for.
Sig! Onol

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 12, 2013, 04:08:50 am »

The inert part isn't actually the problem. The problem is that my character's personality is magically changed, and has been relieved of the ability to make choices, now having to be purely good.
No you don't?
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Kaferian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 12, 2013, 04:58:15 am »

Just roleplay your character as if he's acting good and benevolent so that Tantiy will think you've learned your lesson. You're just being butt-hurt about this and not even thinking about what your new situation puts you in.

-snip-
1. Then don't choose.
2.That's the whole point of retaliation. You want to hit the other guy so hard that he doesn't dare hit you again.
3.Your roleplaying ability is still intact by what I read. GWG just twisted around all your powers and turned your form into a table for your elves to dine upon. You can still say stuff to your elves if they come and examine the table.
4.If the curse was removable, that would defeat the purpose of the curse entirely.
5.No. Just because some creatures have gods protecting them or not will not mean that the dice will instantly kill those without guidance.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 12, 2013, 11:04:55 am »

-snip-
Oh, yeah. My intent was to pretty much remove Malevolence from the game without killing it.
I would have mentioned this somewhere, but well...I've been distracted, busy, and often sleep-deprived.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 14, 2013, 08:31:33 pm »

So, 3 have posted, and only one is doing something with their acts.  This is will make for a dull turn if nothing else comes up.

Oh, and as another note, another attempt at If Bay Forum were a mountain hall has started up here (all who apply are accepted) (Please be reasonable when judging your skills): http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=129843.0
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 32