Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Select individual squad members  (Read 1045 times)

Afghani84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Select individual squad members
« on: July 29, 2013, 08:31:06 am »

there is an option in the squad screen (p) to toggle between "select individuals" and "select squads" but I don't really see what difference it makes. There is no list of squad members from which you could chose one/multiple dwarves for certain jobs, so how do I select who/how many from the squad I need? I would love to be able to select individual dwarves from my squads but either I don't get it or it is yet to be implemented...help!

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Select individual squad members
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 11:29:50 am »

You should have just given it a try, really. If you toggle to "select individuals"  then you get squad members listed by pressing squad letter. The commanding individual soldiers is the same as for squads, the only difference being you can cancel several individual orders by selecting squad and cancelling its order.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Afghani84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Select individual squad members
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 12:53:54 pm »

You should have just given it a try, really. If you toggle to "select individuals"  then you get squad members listed by pressing squad letter. The commanding individual soldiers is the same as for squads, the only difference being you can cancel several individual orders by selecting squad and cancelling its order.
thanks for the hint. would have never found it since I thought that "select individuals" is on once I see it in the squad screen. it's the other way round though  ::)