Poll

Which save?

Fivex's
- 4 (50%)
Before OOS
- 4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30

Author Topic: Europa Universalis IV: MP, Saturday, 7pm BST  (Read 34867 times)

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis IV: MP, Saturday, 7pm BST
« Reply #375 on: September 23, 2013, 11:06:05 am »

To me the war really felt like the spring offensive from World War 1. We had to rush and destroy the entire western front before more reinforcements could be brought from Russia or be built.

In reality it felt like we didn't have much of a chance, though we could've likely have used the Ottomans to a greater use then we did. It was just the darn Russian front, I didn't expect us to loose it quite like that and so quickly. I guess Isdar was a greater contribution then I thought he was.
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 23, 2013, 02:43:29 pm »

I think you are arguing for sake of it because what you just wrote is completely senseless
Funny, because this two lines:
Your 'informing' is an argument pertaining our strategy which you have determined as flawed based on your inside knowledge of... of yourself. It's only natural I'm addressing it as an argument.
You know yourself best, so it's pretty pointless argument.
Show that you, yourself, are pretty much making arguments over whatever you can in the same way you are accusing me.

you are calling yourself unlucky because you weren't extremely lucky
I am calling us unlucky because we weren't getting average base rolls.

If one side is not lucky, the other one must be.
We were unlucky, thus in comparison you were lucky.
I already clarified what I meant. I cannot clarify it any more than what I have. If it is still not understood then it becomes all but impossible to argue this further.

So we had forced a battle by using the bait that you cared for so much.
Oh, and by the way, sorry to tell you, but I also already assumed the fleet was a lost cause and was prepared to lose it. Pretty sure Azthor made the first move, not me.

And don't even bother turning this into an argument. Please. It is literally a waste of your time to do so.

While I welcome discussion of strategy, I believe you are too hung up on imagined roll misfortune (in only one instance, where you have made a bad tactical decision to engage), nevermind that rather egocentric argument of 'hey, I wouldn't act that way, why would you assume otherwise!'.
You also seem to be hung up too much on finishing any argument. Don't call me hung up on rolls when you yourself are hung up on proving me wrong.

The battle is now over, you have won. Right? Let's clear up the air and work on restoring cordial relations.
Yes, I have run out of interest in arguing for rather silly reasons.

so many words!

EDIT: check the update notes, in case you're not subscribed to the eu4 thread. lots of changes it seems
That's quite sizable. Welp, I'm going to be occupied for a while.

To me the war really felt like the spring offensive from World War 1. We had to rush and destroy the entire western front before more reinforcements could be brought from Russia or be built.

In reality it felt like we didn't have much of a chance, though we could've likely have used the Ottomans to a greater use then we did. It was just the darn Russian front, I didn't expect us to loose it quite like that and so quickly. I guess Isdar was a greater contribution then I thought he was.
Isdar actually had about only 1/2 the size of the French of his own army in the area, but then again I didn't get to see too much over there.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 23, 2013, 06:38:04 pm »

well, apparently because i was in the war the time of troubles took a back seat. so im pretty sure im gonna be drowned in rebels next session...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 23, 2013, 07:29:26 pm »

Not really, judging by a observer game they're persistent but not crippling. Well, except for one time there was a couple Crimean stacks that the AI has no idea how to properly handle. But other than that even an AI Russia could handle it most of the time.

Also, fun fact: Apparently AI Italy is a fierce ally of AI Mamluks, and Hansa. Opposites attract, I guess?
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 23, 2013, 09:03:41 pm »

So because i'm bored I'd like to recap the war from the British perspective so if any onlookers are watching they can see what happened.

I was concerned over the growth of the Mamelukes (fivex) in my absence, the fact that they westernised combined with their growth into India and Africa I set about trying to find a suitable ally. Spain (DreXav) was thinking much of the same thing, only magnified by the fact of the two countries sharing borders. So we struck a deal, I would get Corsica for joining the alliance. Since I had an abundance of stability at the time, which I thought was quite weird, I decided to launch the attack. I called France (Azthor) and Spain into the war, expecting Spain to join and possibly France.

France however had a different mind. I think it was a lack of communication that lead to him panicking over our aggression. Although France and I were on cordial terms the same couldn't be said for him and Spain. While I don't know exactly what Spain would have done if he had won, my plan was simply to get at least an equal foot hold in the gulf of Aden, though I wouldn't have said no if Cyprus was offered to me. France having no way of knowing this likely felt it was in his best interest to stop the colonial powers from preying on nations. France then flexed its diplomatic might threatening an all out war if we didn't immediately white peace. As Great Britain I wasn't very worried about this, as I had a fleet large enough to blockade France, and Spain had a massive cash reserve in case things went awry. On top of all that Russia (Twiggie), was worried about the unimpeded growth of France and avowed to join Britain and Spain if France came into the war. Both things happened and we were soon at war with Russia, Spain, GB versus the Mamelukes and France.

It was at this moment that we made our fatal flaw. At least in the British eyes. We had dropped our diplomatic game, as I was not prepared for an actual all out war. French diplomats scurried all over Europe and formed an alliance with the Hansa (Isdar) and Italy (Tarran). We were fairly sure that Italy would likely join France, the best I had hoped for was that they would stay out of the war and solely contribute in war subsidies. The Hansa was the real shock, for they had remained largely quiet the entire game. We had assumed in error that he would stay the same throughout this war as well. Then it came down to numbers, the French contributed two large armies, which joined the Hansa one and proceeded to smash the Russian army. At this point we were concerned. When I had originally seen the armies move to Russia I had thought that they would get routed quickly and then the Russians would come poring over Europe devouring everything in their path. This was not to be, as not only did the Russians lose key battles but they quickly exhausted their supply of manpower. The French suffered no attrition whatsoever thus we were unable to severely damage the French reserves.

The war over the Spanish French border went differently. We possessed a slight numerical advantage, and a few minor battles were fought in which we would both lose ten thousand or so and then limp back to our borders. The problem was that we were quickly losing any hope of resupplying them. We had the money to do it for sure, we just lacked the men to equip. It was then the session ended. We knew we had to plan and we had to have a strategy capable of beating them. The Russian Front which was supposed to be a massive manpower drain turned into a war in which we needed to damage France so badly that he would be forced to pull them back and defend France proper. It was here again that Isdar was the key point in the war. I could neither get men to the Russian front without having to fight through his units nor could I hope to occupy northern France with a small regiment without threat of harassment. We were less concerned about Italy. Although they could produce a army equivalent to mine it was  largely restricted to our theatre of operations and was viewed as more of a side show then an actual strategic threat.

This is when we brought our brains together and devised a plan. The most important of which was to get the Ottomans (Chosrau) onto our side. With his troops we would once again have a numerical advantage over our enemies. We also knew that we had to be quick and decisive. Although from the British perspective they were an ally of the Mamelukes we believed that they would want much the same as the Russians did which was to simply slow down the BBB. Although the British favoured a defensive stance until the Ottomans could strike in the North and free the Russians we were eventually convinced that to do so would only slow our demise. The French manpower pool was too great a threat to try to whittle down piece meal. We needed to wipe out the French Armies and lay a carpet siege ensuring no new ones could be formed. Spanish gold was able to sustain us and hire new batches of mercenaries who would be essential to this task. Our goal was simple and clear. Take out the French as fast as we possibly could.

The Mamelukes at this point were an afterthought. The Royal Navy had ensured that their ships were to be bound into port and thus could not threaten us on the continent. The game began with a problem though. I was quite busy doing yard work outside with my dad and my nation was to be left largely unattended. Luckily enough for me the game didn't progress much, some months could last 30 minutes or more. So with our plan set in motion we then set out. The Russians with Spanish gold had recruited a new army whilst the British and Spanish set to work at besieging the port province of Roussillion. This was advantageous for us, as although we were suffering attrition to the French's full defensive idea set, their entire trade fleet was sheltering in the province. This forced the French to fight on our terms and with less men. Before they arrived the province fell forcing his fleet out to face the combined Royal Navy and Spanish Armada. It was a massacre on sea and it gave us a bit more hope that perhaps we could pull this off. Instead the battle occurred in Toulouse, in which the British and Spanish managed to win and force the French and Italians to retreat to their own countries.

This is another place we went wrong. I was away from the computer and unable to attach to the Spanish troops. Spain divided up its forces with one chasing the Italians and the other the French. We caught up to the retreating French army in Paris, again managing to defeat them and send them to Antwerpen. I had a new batch of mercenaries ready and they set sail for Antwerpen hoping to provide the anvil to the thunderous hammer which was the pursuing army. Their are two things i'd like to mention about the game now. The first is, troops making an amphibious landing into enemy territories takes far far longer then you think they will. Although I had set them in motion at least a month before the French were due, they still had a month to go before the French army made it there. The second is this. If you try to attach to an army that is a few days in its move ahead of you your army will stop moving once it leaves the province and become frozen. These two factors would have been bad enough as it was. The Italians were also there though, using forced march they were able to evade their pursuers and beat a hard march to help defend France. After a loss fighting in the French province of Brabant our armies retreated to Liege where both Spain and Britain threw in the white towel and disbanded the armies, to keep our war exhaustion as low as possible.

The war up north was not going well either. Our all or nothing plan against France meant that the main Turkish force had moved to Italy to help with the sieges. Around the same time we won our battle in Toulouse the main Russian force engaged the French. Another victory and the Russians moved to chase down their beleaguered foes. Around the same time that we lost our fight in Brabant the Russians re-engaged the French. What was assumed to be another French defeat turned into a Russian rout. The Turkish forces who were previously about to overrun Italy were then posed with a difficult question. This delay allowed the French and Italians to regroup and march into Rome in which the remaining Spanish army and the main Turkish army were frantically trying to force his navy into the open seas. The French and Italians managed to push them off, saving their capital and stack wiping both the Turkish and the Spanish. At this point we paused and peace talks began. Although neither Spain, Britain nor the Ottomans had a single enemy troop on our lands we could tell the writing was on the wall. At this point fighting for us was more of a matter of getting favourable peace terms then anything else. In the British eyes after the first few battles in Russia we were aiming for that point. With that in mind a conference of Windsor was held in which the British honourably surrendered to the Mamelukes and Europe fell back into a gentle peace.

So is there any other viewpoint that i'm missing or am I wrong entirely?

What makes me really confused is that in the stat screen at the end the game called this war "The minor war of British Aggression" one of the largest understatements I've seen so far this year.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 11:01:39 am by Andrew425 »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 23, 2013, 09:22:17 pm »

Before I read it, I must say, THE FUDGE, USE SPACING NEXT TIME OH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MONSTROSITY.

*Ahem*, now I'll actually read it.

Edit: Seems to cover the war from your side pretty well.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 09:28:44 pm by Tarran »

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 23, 2013, 11:34:49 pm »

Yeah i'm kinda weirded out that I wrote that much, i'll go back and space it out later when my brain doesn't hurt as much.

If someone from the other side could do a write up as well it'd be interesting as then I could compare how our different interactions lead to what happened.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
"
« Reply #382 on: September 23, 2013, 11:59:22 pm »

Yeah i'm kinda weirded out that I wrote that much, i'll go back and space it out later when my brain doesn't hurt as much.

If someone from the other side could do a write up as well it'd be interesting as then I could compare how our different interactions lead to what happened.

Here you go:

For starters, there were no faulty mechanics involved, disembarks are rather slow. Since we noticed the mercenary stack, I quickly relocated my forces to Brabant, the only province I could move to in time to avoid your landing forces, taking the engagement away from the coast so as to make the Antwerpen disembark temporarily useless. Italy's army had already been arranged to emerge through Trier at the time.

Due to my massive manpower superiority, we were playing attrition up from the start. By the time major engagements came into place, the only forces you were reinforcing were your mercenaries. As Fivex never had the means to cross into Europe, and took too much time arming up for the Ottomans, you had a clear numeric advantage, not to mention technological, as my military technology was and still is rather outdated. That could and would have granted you victory, if you had better cohesion. You had the means to, but never deployed enough troops in the western front to give you a clear edge. And by that I mean you could have afforded to field more soldiers, that was dangerous overconfidence.

As for the battles in the mountains, that was intentional. The battle was supposed to end in a forced retreat to Lombardy, where your massive concentrated stack would take more attrition losses than we'd lose in the battle; whereas our armies would regenerate just fine, yours wouldn't. Alas, I was a bit unclear to Tarran, saying "towards Lombardy" instead of "to Lombardy", and he retreated to French territory, leading to an undesirable stackwipe.

As for lucky rolls, the one battle I believe was extremely influenced by luck, was the one were I suddenly saw Russian troops wreck my stack of the same size in but a few days. The last engagement Russia won, and perhaps the only one, I was truly shocked at the time.

Twiggie made, however, the rather terrible tactical choice of engaging me and Isdar with a weaker force early in the war, which sent his regiment packing through Russia at massive, massive losses. Meanwhile, the Ottomans, had they deployed anywhere in time, could have made all the difference in outnumbering either front. Instead, they only arrived in time to partially replace lost troops.

The varying discipline and morale values are not due to generals, DreXav, but rather, due to the game averaging the value of the armies involved. The Italian-French army, for instance, had a different morale value than either of the two alone.

We made the rights sacrifices, secured the right victories and it paid off. I can think of two clear failures in our movements though. One, when an unpause took me by surprise and forced me into an undesirable position, another, when my imprecise input led to an Italian stackwipe. Of course, there is greater mistake of joining the war on Fivex's side in the first part, but I've mostly been forwarding strategic and tactical aspects this far.

Admittedly, and attesting to Andrew's point as to my actual reaction on the war's onset, in my earlier conversation with DreXav, I was not bluffing from the start, differently from what I claimed earlier, and did, indeed, entertain the possibility of neutrality after his side had been honored. The haste through which war was declared against the Mamluks, without any prior consultation as to my instance to an immediate war, however, angered me greatly. Even then, I made sure to secure proper support before joining the war.

Finally, having by all means secured victory, and you must admit that, no matter how long it took, it'd be a cheap victory for us after that, I intended to ensure that said diplomatic might would not go ignored again. Having offered them several times earlier in the war, I believed the time for favorable peace terms to be long, long, past, that and, knowing full well that Twiggie and Chosrau had joined the war solely to try and cripple, I wanted to pay them in turn once they had lost. Most of all, however, I didn't want a decade-worth setback in my economy to go unaccounted for after having won the war. But looking back, with the peace you actually got, that made for a rather bad example, didn't it? What a great price paid for the war, really. I, the Hansa and Italy waged a ridiculously costly war and Fivex, who despite being the war target and war leader, had contributed the least militarily, was the only one to pass any demand.

On a side note: I didn't notice, until now, I had left that fleet there or that I had actually lost it. I had two fronts to focus on, after all. The move on Roussilon, though my memory is blurry as to it, probably was part of our constant bluffs. In hindsight, had I remembered that fleet was there, I'd have disbanded it to spare myself WS.

I resent the Russians and Ottomans because, for them, this was a war against me first and foremost. I resent the Mamluks because they negotiated peace terms in complete disregard of my wishes behind my back, despite their seemingly token contribution. I resent Tarran, however slightly, for keeping quiet about it, even though I could infer negotiations were going on from the complete silence. 
The later isn't held to any effect, and probably forgotten by the next session, on the basis of which I called him in this war for the first place, and he did not have to join, nor probably have any interest in doing so other than aiding me.

Given the above, I simply refuse to side with the Mamluks for the next century (make that until 1670 or so, arbitrarily). Of course, that means any peace demands made are not upheld by France in any way or fashion. Someone wants go into India, they do so against the Mamluks and any allies they may have, but not against France. I am still not going into the Americas, still allied with Italy and the Hansa, unless they desire otherwise, and still guaranteeing Europe's borders. Though I will adhere to the 50 years' peace, I will already note that I will not hesitate to join a war:
A. In defense of my allies.
B. In defense of my guaranteed parties.
C. Against independent European minors where the conflict is unopposed by both Italy and the Hansa. Attempts at guaranteeing them aimed strictly at crippling French expansion will be ignored. Should the guarantor wish to press a war, there is nothing France may do about it other than answer in kind, but they do so of their own volition.

PS: at the very start of the war, the greater bulk of my army was sent east to contend with Russia, as I trusted the forts in France to buy me some time, not to mention the possibility of Italian reinforcements, which came true. With Isdar, we decisively outnumbered Russia, and with troops that averaged out superior in quality.

PS2: concerning the Roman fleet, I had originally planned to temporarily ignore that stack in favor of an offensive in Spain to completely halt recruitment there, but, both thinking it'd be highly undesirable to Tarran and considering its value in an extended war, where we'd have to finally build ourselves a superior navy, opted to rescue it instead. Tarran was initially headed there, I believe, then changed route to Spain, according to plan, and back to Rome once we decided against it. Or so I recall.

Edited out a few mistakes (typos and misplaced names).
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 03:46:16 pm by Azthor »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 24, 2013, 12:12:22 am »

Well, I can certainly type out how it was for me.

It started with the declaration of war, which I did not see coming at all. My relations with Fivex were of some friendship, due to the Austria Situation, but mostly of neutrality. I wouldn't care at all if there was a CB used, but the lack of a CB made the war seem particularly aggressive in my eyes for some reason. Even so, I had no plans to go to war with either Spain or GB, I was planning on wars with Naples. I had hoped for neutrality.

That changed when Azthor wanted to go to war. I don't quite remember how exactly I entered the war, but I think it was Azthor asking me a yes or no on whether I was going to war if he did, and I said no for the moment. But as the battle went on, Azthor asked again and, under the pressure to repay him for helping save me from Austria, I joined reluctantly.

My first decision was to recall the fleet. I had no hope of winning any naval battle unless both GB and Spain did a horrific job with their fleets. I moved my army west, and joined France. We had higher manpower, but a smaller army size, so our initial plan was to wear down our enemies even if we lose. We fought a couple battles, and pushed into Navarre, but in order to recover morale we didn't go further. Eventually, our strategy changed when a botched retreat and a wrongful expectation that the army wouldn't collapse within a few days resulted in my Royal Army, the largest I had, being wiped. That's when we went on the defensive, and the session ended after a lot of holding our ground.

When the next session started, Azthor suggested faking out attacks, which he said succeeded (though I don't know whether he was right or not). We then attacked Toulouse, but our planned retreat utterly failed and our armies retreated separately. I Forced Marched my army in order to prevent Dre from fighting my army, which I couldn't win against without fantastic luck. Meanwhile, a stack of 4K infantry burned provinces along the retreat route, which DreXav seemingly either didn't notice at the time or didn't care. I then went into Austria, and decided that I MUST meet up with France again in order to win. Using fog of war, Forced March, and a wide route, I avoided Dre's army and got to Brabant really quickly, then chased the army where apparently it was disbanded. With that, the French and my army were now equalized with the enemy armies in Italy. We believed that we stood a chance, and moved directly adjacent. Azthor made the first move, I spotted it, then joined him, making sure my army arrived just one day ahead in order to use my 5-shock general. The rest of the battle you guys know.

As for peace, I had very little influence in the peace deal and indeed got nothing but a generous gift from Twiggie, so nothing to talk about there.

I resent Tarran, however slightly, for keeping quiet about it, even though I could infer negotiations were going on from the complete silence.
I did say that Andrew was contacting me, and I did ask what is the absolute minimum you all wanted from the war, so unless those two messages were unimportant to you, you likely got the idea that negotiations were ongoing because I said those two messages. I was hoping to get everyone at least the minimum of what they wanted but a slow response to my question and quick negotiations with Fivex lead to me having no part in the deal.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 24, 2013, 12:29:17 am »

Well, I can certainly type out how it was for me.

It started with the declaration of war, which I did not see coming at all. My relations with Fivex were of some friendship, due to the Austria Situation, but mostly of neutrality. I wouldn't care at all if there was a CB used, but the lack of a CB made the war seem particularly aggressive in my eyes for some reason. Even so, I had no plans to go to war with either Spain or GB, I was planning on wars with Naples. I had hoped for neutrality.

That changed when Azthor wanted to go to war. I don't quite remember how exactly I entered the war, but I think it was Azthor asking me a yes or no on whether I was going to war if he did, and I said no for the moment. But as the battle went on, Azthor asked again and, under the pressure to repay him for helping save me from Austria, I joined reluctantly.

My first decision was to recall the fleet. I had no hope of winning any naval battle unless both GB and Spain did a horrific job with their fleets. I moved my army west, and joined France. We had higher manpower, but a smaller army size, so our initial plan was to wear down our enemies even if we lose. We fought a couple battles, and pushed into Navarre, but in order to recover morale we didn't go further. Eventually, our strategy changed when a botched retreat and a wrongful expectation that the army wouldn't collapse within a few days resulted in my Royal Army, the largest I had, being wiped. That's when we went on the defensive, and the session ended after a lot of holding our ground.

When the next session started, Azthor suggested faking out attacks, which he said succeeded (though I don't know whether he was right or not). We then attacked Toulouse, but our planned retreat utterly failed and our armies retreated separately. I Forced Marched my army in order to prevent Dre from fighting my army, which I couldn't win against without fantastic luck. Meanwhile, a stack of 4K infantry burned provinces along the retreat route, which DreXav seemingly either didn't notice at the time or didn't care. I then went into Austria, and decided that I MUST meet up with France again in order to win. Using fog of war, Forced March, and a wide route, I avoided Dre's army and got to Brabant really quickly, then chased the army where apparently it was disbanded. With that, the French and my army were now equalized with the enemy armies in Italy. We believed that we stood a chance, and moved directly adjacent. Azthor made the first move, I spotted it, then joined him, making sure my army arrived just one day ahead in order to use my 5-shock general. The rest of the battle you guys know.

As for peace, I had very little influence in the peace deal and indeed got nothing but a generous gift from Twiggie, so nothing to talk about there.

I resent Tarran, however slightly, for keeping quiet about it, even though I could infer negotiations were going on from the complete silence.
I did say that Andrew was contacting me, and I did ask what is the absolute minimum you all wanted from the war, so unless those two messages were unimportant to you, you likely got the idea that negotiations were ongoing because I said those two messages. I was hoping to get everyone at least the minimum of what they wanted but a slow response to my question and quick negotiations with Fivex lead to me having no part in the deal.

I recall something to the effect of the later being asked, quite a few times in fact, but not the earlier, so I'd assume either I was not paying attention at the time or you typed it in the wrong channel. At the end of the day, I suspected it because sudden silences mid-pause like that don't happen unless there are conversations being had apart.

As for the failed retreat that led my army to Paris, that is the same unexpected unpausing (read: it caught me by surprise and I couldn't direct the retreat) that I mentioned in my last post. It goes without saying that Tarran and I cheered when half your army gave chase.

On a side note, when I said our feints succeeded, that is because it got the Anglo-Spanish army to take further attrition once they overlapped into an 80k+ stack in their own territory. The idea, prior to the botched retreat, was to use their slower replenishment rates to even out our numbers while I produced reinforcements. On the eastern front, I started advancing into Russia with the intention of stackwiping or depleting Twiggie's army before it could reinforce further and meet with the Ottoman's. Things did, of course, change once I saw the at the time bulk of the Ottoman army in Rome.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 12:35:27 am by Azthor »

DreXav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 24, 2013, 04:45:04 am »

I get up and wordswordswords hell breaks out! Andrew, paragraphs please =P

You also seem to be hung up too much on finishing any argument
Kettle calls the pot black ; ]

EDIT: Very nice reading of perspectives. @Andrew: it's your point of view, so it's alright to miss out stuff or see things differently!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 05:27:44 am by DreXav »

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 29, 2013, 07:00:49 am »

the save i took just crashes when i load as russia :/

DreXav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 29, 2013, 07:35:45 am »

the save i took just crashes when i load as russia :/
Verified. There are several event pop ups and it crashes. Hope it's still playable for MP.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 29, 2013, 01:08:58 pm »

Well, it's only for Russia... maybe we'll get lucky and only Twiggie will crash, then he will be able to hotjoin back and be able to play from there.

DreXav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 30, 2013, 07:39:34 am »

I successfully loaded Russia from save made one day after the MP date and... it had about 20-30 events pending. Really, really many of them.

Any ideas what's up with that, Twiggie?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30