Poll

Which save?

Fivex's
- 4 (50%)
Before OOS
- 4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30

Author Topic: Europa Universalis IV: MP, Saturday, 7pm BST  (Read 34845 times)

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis IV: MP, Saturday, 7pm BST
« Reply #345 on: September 20, 2013, 07:49:28 pm »

You are also saying you have never told me in whisper that you are using the Mamluks as Ottoman foil? ; ]

Unless my memory has failed me, that is exactly what I am saying.

With a monopoly on the New World by Andrew and DreXav, and a contested Africa, can you blame him?

Expansion is one thing. Being duplicitous is another entirely.

I have in no way barred the Hansa or Italy from expanding into central or eastern Europe, as they are de facto European nations whose only solid expansion for venue is into Europe proper. Though, perhaps, geographically inaccurate, I am considering the HRE central Europe for the purpose of the above statement. I am sure that if, asked, they shall attest to that.

Why do I bother arguing though?  I am clearly speaking with a hostile audience, and should know better. I am and shall remain the despicable enemy no matter what I say, so I may as well cease verbalization. If Tarran, Fivex or Isdar are actually dissatisfied with the state of affairs, I am sure they will tell me as much. You are bound to try and interpret all and any action of mine under a negative light of atrocity; at this point, I will only bother answering if asked directly as to my stance by one of them, or Chosrau.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 08:05:39 pm by Azthor »

DreXav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 21, 2013, 03:18:38 am »

You guys have some very selective and short memories. Azthor is not worth the time anymore, so I will address Tarran:
We have been whispering about the islands in question and when I have said I am willing to part with them, you have inquired if it is for a large sum of gold. Since I had no need for even more gold, I said I would cede them free of charge and only for an alliance with Italy against eventual conflict with the Mamluks. You never replied me after that.

Ah, the old 'I don't want people moving into Europe' line.

Some people might think you want it all for yourself...
With a monopoly on the New World by Andrew and DreXav, and a contested Africa, can you blame him?
Whoa, of course we can blame him - I haven't heard even once about France wanting to colonize ANYWHERE. For most of the game, he didn't even have a fleet, nevermind any idea group that would allow him colonization. My 'monopoly' with England was a simple agreement made in amicable spirit, because it seemed we are the only players colonizing the americas. It was displeasing to see you out of blue colonize Chesapeake Bay which is crucial for English trade. You should have had enough common sense and manners to inform and negotiate with us. You were, after all, invited to colonize Africa alongside me, toward much more lucrative Indian trade.

Lastly, we are far from being beaten, with plenty of resources to invest into war and prevent your unjust demands, you are far from winning and enforcing any peace at all. If I have almost 12k gold, lion share of which is demanded in peace offer by the greedy French, I might as well spend it on mercenaries instead - I don't see anything foul in here at all, all the more since you guys are not capable of completely besieging and maintaining control of all of us.
Your cries for us to surrender under threat of using GM intervention are utterly pathetic.

Let's end it in battle later today.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 03:20:10 am by DreXav »

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 21, 2013, 03:53:42 am »

Since I had no need for even more gold, I said I would cede them free of charge and only for an alliance with Italy against eventual conflict with the Mamluks. You never replied me after that.
You wanted him to backstab me?

DreXav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 21, 2013, 03:58:59 am »

Since I had no need for even more gold, I said I would cede them free of charge and only for an alliance with Italy against eventual conflict with the Mamluks. You never replied me after that.
You wanted him to backstab me?
I did not know you were allied at that time, so there's no backstabbing involved. I still believed France is not outright supporting you as well.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 21, 2013, 06:13:18 am »

We have been whispering about the islands in question and when I have said I am willing to part with them, you have inquired if it is for a large sum of gold. Since I had no need for even more gold, I said I would cede them free of charge and only for an alliance with Italy against eventual conflict with the Mamluks. You never replied me after that.
Oh, forgot about that.

My 'monopoly' with England was a simple agreement made in amicable spirit, because it seemed we are the only players colonizing the americas.
Sorry if I forgot, and correct me if I did, but I don't remember either of you two ever mentioning claiming the Americas all for yourselves.

It was displeasing to see you out of blue colonize Chesapeake Bay which is crucial for English trade. You should have had enough common sense and manners to inform and negotiate with us.
Well, maybe it was because I wasn't informed of the agreement previously, or I forgot you mentioned the agreement, and it didn't seem like he was going there!

You were, after all, invited to colonize Africa alongside me, toward much more lucrative Indian trade.
I'm pretty sure that was only after I put a colony on the Americas. Which I conceded for what arguably was a very cheap price.

Your cries for us to surrender under threat of using GM intervention are utterly pathetic.
I never even threatened to use the GM, I just implied that he might be forced to intervene to keep the game fun because he kinda made a point that we should keep it fun. Let me quote from the first post:

In the same vein, try to keep the game dynamic. If you notice patterns settling in, reducing fun, its YOUR responsibility to change it.
Now, if we as players can't change it due to your stubbornness (or perhaps the stubbornness of Azthor, it remains to be seen which one of you are going to be more stubborn) or some other reason, then in all likelihood either Twiggie will have to intervene or everyone might, you know, stop having fun.

And please, don't be so aggressive. If you won't take my request for it, take Twiggie's request on the first post.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

DreXav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 21, 2013, 07:19:20 am »

Oh, forgot about that.
Obviously forgotten and you guys keep forgetting things. I do not.

Sorry if I forgot, and correct me if I did, but I don't remember either of you two ever mentioning claiming the Americas all for yourselves.
I even replied publicly to all your French-Italian hounding and 'advises' that I should stick to americas, that I would give Andrew entire NA, even during the session he couldn't attend. Same was said during whispering, where I clearly stated me and England have no conflicting interest and that Americas are cleanly divided. No statement of monopoly was announced, because there was no need for it - nobody else seemed to be even close to colonizing. Milan or was it Italy already, I can't remember, started colonization out of blue.

I'm pretty sure that was only after I put a colony on the Americas. Which I conceded for what arguably was a very cheap price.
Because that is when we have learned that you are colonizing - neither of us saw you getting colonist ideas or have a colony elsewhere. Rather than forcing you out of colonization, I offered you a worthy alternative, even though it would steal from my profits.

I never even threatened to use the GM, I just implied that he might be forced to intervene to keep the game fun because he kinda made a point that we should keep it fun. Let me quote from the first post:

In the same vein, try to keep the game dynamic. If you notice patterns settling in, reducing fun, its YOUR responsibility to change it.
Now, if we as players can't change it due to your stubbornness (or perhaps the stubbornness of Azthor, it remains to be seen which one of you are going to be more stubborn) or some other reason, then in all likelihood either Twiggie will have to intervene or everyone might, you know, stop having fun.

And please, don't be so aggressive. If you won't take my request for it, take Twiggie's request on the first post.
Incredibly twisted interpretations. You will call GM to intervene to end a war in your favor, just because you don't want to fight it out? It is OUR responsibility (not GMs) to make it fun, not by arbitrarily abusing GM powers, but by breaking up stagnation with whatever means we have at disposal - alliances, coalitions, wars and intrigues.

Big wars happen and have to be fought out or settled via diplomacy. But they should not be forced to an end, especially when it's far from over, by a GM just because one side can't handle the pressure and strain.

If you don't want to participate in wars, then don't join them. Try peacing out of this one. You can opt out of participating in the discussions, bickering and exchanges of propaganda.  But don't hold it against me that I have both the willpower and means to continue the war until it's in my favor.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 21, 2013, 09:36:41 am »

Just as a sidenote, I think predownloaded saves are working now? Not 100% sure though.

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 21, 2013, 12:16:30 pm »

Here's the save, then.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 21, 2013, 12:16:53 pm »

Stuff
That's it, I'm done. I give up on talking to you because you have it out to see every action I make in a bad light and ignore it whenever I am nice. I now remember why I never responded after that Civ4 game.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 21, 2013, 12:25:52 pm »

Lets tone down the rhetoric a little, shall we? I'm sure you're perfectly capable of making your points in a calmer manner.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 21, 2013, 04:35:02 pm »

Awkward start to the session ended with an awkward end to the session. No surprise.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 21, 2013, 04:42:09 pm »

At least the war is done and we have a chance at finishing before Christmas
May the mass times acceleration be with you

DreXav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 21, 2013, 05:11:39 pm »

The war came to an end, bringing reconciliation among the enemies! And strife among the victors... I guess it really is awkward ending.

Thank you, everyone, for participating. Now that we have experienced horrors of war, we might enjoy a long peace.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 21, 2013, 05:52:36 pm »

I will wait a few days before commenting on the outcome. Right now, I doubt I will budge even a little on current instance, but time has a strange way of changing mindsets. For now, have yourselves a good weekend.

PS: seems like I am a down with a fever, explains the headache.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 07:19:26 pm by Azthor »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 21, 2013, 07:15:56 pm »

Just for the record, I had very little actual interaction with the peace deal. About as soon as I mentioned I was talking to Andrew, he invited Fivex, and they took it from there, which is why I got off with a gift of 200 gold.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30