Poll

Which save?

Fivex's
- 4 (50%)
Before OOS
- 4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 30

Author Topic: Europa Universalis IV: MP, Saturday, 7pm BST  (Read 34832 times)

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis IV: MP, Saturday, 7pm BST
« Reply #315 on: September 16, 2013, 02:15:27 pm »

For reference, you want somewhere around 7300 gold. Finally did the calculation.

Has the war been going for  60 months? :O
The game doesn't say exactly, but yes, the war has gone on for 60 months. Though I think you might have joined in a tiny bit later. Still, lot of money.

I was not expecting quite as large as sum; in that scenario, I suppose I could go with the diffeence between my war maintenance and my peace time maintenace, for 55d/month instead of 90d.

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 16, 2013, 02:20:03 pm »

So I did some math because I was interested how much luck each of us had with their rulers. The following results are the time weighted average sum of stats of all players rulers(except Hansa, because so many rulers), which means the longer a ruler lives, the greater his impact on the result becomes.

England:      9.97
France:       9.822
Russia:        9.763
Mameluks:    8.916
Ottomans:    8.473
Spain:         7.244
Italy:          6.202

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 16, 2013, 02:23:46 pm »

So I did some math because I was interested how much luck each of us had with their rulers. The following results are the time weighted average sum of stats of all players rulers(except Hansa, because so many rulers), which means the longer a ruler lives, the greater his impact on the result becomes.

Does that include Italy's time with my ruler? If so, that is some bad luck, alright.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 02:32:02 pm by Azthor »

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 16, 2013, 02:27:29 pm »

Yes, it does include his time in a personal union.

Fun fact: One of the french kings produced more Military Points than all of Spains kings, or all of the italian kings, or all of the osman kings together.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 16, 2013, 02:32:58 pm »

I think he was my longest reigning monarch, and a 2/3/5 or something akin to that, nay?

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 16, 2013, 03:35:17 pm »

Many of my bes rulers were born under the reign of the computer
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 16, 2013, 03:52:49 pm »

Does that include Italy's time with my ruler? If so, that is some bad luck, alright.
I had the distinct feeling that I was getting shafted. Maybe that's why I wanted a republic. But if I recall my heir is decent. Or maybe he was shitty. One of the two.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 16, 2013, 04:10:13 pm »

In a republic you could achieve an average of 8 8/9  (there might be a better strategy for republics then the one I used to achieve this, but without Age Distributions of newly elected republic leaders and death probabilities due to age I had to make some assumptions)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 04:14:41 pm by Chosrau »

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 16, 2013, 10:52:38 pm »

This is how Great Britain views it.

This war was largely about opening up the trade around Africa. The European aggressors have so far failed to accomplish this and thus it should be part of the terms.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 01:54:28 am by Andrew425 »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 16, 2013, 11:04:27 pm »

To me it sounds extensively generous, and I wouldn't oppose accepting it, but Azthor and DreXav I don't think would really like it. For Azthor, it doesn't fulfill some of his requests, and for DreXav, it's too much for how far the war has actually progressed. But that's just my opinion of their stances. It is up to them to tell us what they really think of it.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 17, 2013, 10:00:01 pm »

Do you think it would be possible for us to agree on some pausing rules for the next few sessions?

Something like everyone gets a 5 minute pause and 8 30 second pauses.

Just so we aren't waiting for people to finish conversations whilst the rest of us just want to play.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 17, 2013, 11:41:03 pm »

It's rather hard to converse with someone while you are trying to kill him, though.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 18, 2013, 01:10:48 am »

Major wars always lead to slow-downs, that isn't really avoidable. Game only lasts for another 250 years or so too, so I see no reason for hurry.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 01:12:20 am by Azthor »

DreXav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 18, 2013, 05:35:03 am »

Unfortunately, the nature and scope of the game requires pausing if one can even hope to do any coordination and fine movements. With this many players needing to communicate and coordinate, we can't really avoid frequent and lengthy pauses nor can we avoid dropping speed to 1-2.
Consider the slowdowns a direct war exhaustion of the player ; ]

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 19, 2013, 05:19:48 pm »

So... uh, have we decided on what peace to accept yet or not? We're kinda running out of time to discuss this.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 30