Poll

Which save?

Fivex's
- 4 (50%)
Before OOS
- 4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30

Author Topic: Europa Universalis IV: MP, Saturday, 7pm BST  (Read 34830 times)

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis IV: MP, Saturday, 7pm BST
« Reply #285 on: September 14, 2013, 06:39:45 pm »

So you're faced with the choice between completely devastating your country and honorably surrendering, and you choose to ruin your country?
Our demands aren't even that harsh.

DreXav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 14, 2013, 06:50:51 pm »

Whatever your demands are, they are exorbitant in situation when the warscore is at 0%. By the time it reaches 100%, you all will bleed. Complete devastation? I will lose a limb which I will then retake. But make no mistake.

You will neither profit nor see a dime from me to cover all those debts.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 14, 2013, 06:57:08 pm »

Guys, let's face it, Dre isn't going to listen. Ever. Just give up on him and run him into the ground or something.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 14, 2013, 06:58:19 pm »

Warscore is meaningless.
You have no manpower.
You're bleeding cash, and France is much, much, richer than you.
All your colonies are getting occupied.
You've lost. At this point, the war is just mopping up.
And if you don't surrender, you won't lose a limb.
You'll lose your body.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 14, 2013, 07:01:40 pm »

That Isdar's participation in the east and Tarran's participation in the west were imperative, there is little doubt. My army's might is considerable, but split between two fronts and substandard, only so large, whereas Fivex, though his army could have tipped the odds, was unable to cross the straight. I could only afford 70k+ on the eastern front, and 40k+ on the western front. Italy's 40k+ and Isdar's 35k+ made all the difference; I need not think twice to say that, without them, this war would probably have ended much differently.

As for the peace terms, it seems you are delusional, and that is all there is to be said about it.

DreXav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 14, 2013, 07:09:11 pm »

At least Tarran has finally got it right.

As for fivex, you exaggerate: I have not lost my armies, neither did my allies, got sizeable stash of gold to pay maintenance and mercs, can't be beaten at sea either. This will drag on until I am dry and broken, and it will be many years of finishing off what I have and many more years sieging my holdings until you get the desired 100% that you can enforce. Again, you will not profit.

So you will either ask for low price or you will get nothing at all. That is all.

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 14, 2013, 07:13:43 pm »

You have 500 manpower.
And the seas don't matter when this is an almost entirely land based war.

Also, a "low price" is different than what you were asking before.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 14, 2013, 07:20:57 pm »

In case Fivex's body analogy didn't get through, keep in mind releasing Denmark, England or Castille are the moderately bad outcomes for a total surrender. The current alliance setup allows Fivex to demand provinces from you at 2% WS average. From each of you, that is. Russia costs 159% WS to annex. Do the math.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 14, 2013, 08:07:51 pm »

Do remember that i'm the war leader.

Also for all your bluster of cutting a deal, you have yet to actually present an offer besides threats. And i'm sure you'll be able to conquer Spain eventually, I'm just going to make it so that you'll wish you hadn't.

And i'm fairly sure I can run the bank of France dry with a bit more effort. Italy as well, and then i'll have to get started against Isdar. Which is a shame really, because I am partial to peace.
May the mass times acceleration be with you

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 14, 2013, 08:37:25 pm »

Here's an offer: ~2k ducats, distributed between the participants. Sardinia (and Corsica?) and Spain's west African colonies to Italy. The two Spanish Asian islands to me. Spain promises to stay out of Asia.
That doesn't feel harsh enough, to be honest. And I'm sure Azthor wants territory.

Also, I'm war leader and you haven't launched a single successful attack against me.

Also, as the cost to annex goes down as you occupy province, I'm pretty sure I could actually annex Russia if we fully occupied him.

DreXav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 14, 2013, 09:22:48 pm »

Annex russia for 1000%+ overextension? Have fun maintaining that.

I have taken a province of yours, fivex, then went back to deal with treacherous Europeans. So much for your claims. All you are good for is sieging some god-forsaken islands of mine.

Your terms are as unacceptable as it gets - Asia is the purpose of my game, Africa is necessary for that. Feel free to haggle for the ducats.

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 14, 2013, 09:44:32 pm »

The point I was making is that I could probably annex YOU. And it wouldn't even give me 1000% overextension.
Also, I took the province back almost immediately.

And I'm just turning around what you wanted to do to me.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 14, 2013, 09:55:01 pm »

And i'm sure you'll be able to conquer Spain eventually, I'm just going to make it so that you'll wish you hadn't.
How, exactly? You two are both saying you can make us suffer, but both your manpower is trash and I'm pretty sure mercs are limited. Your blockades are really mediocre and unnoticeable.

And i'm fairly sure I can run the bank of France dry with a bit more effort. Italy as well, and then i'll have to get started against Isdar. Which is a shame really, because I am partial to peace.
I'm making a fair bit of income. Unless you can find a way to drain me besides ineffective blockades of one sea zone, you're not going to drag me into the ground.

Here's an offer: ~2k ducats, distributed between the participants. Sardinia (and Corsica?) and Spain's west African colonies to Italy. The two Spanish Asian islands to me. Spain promises to stay out of Asia.
That doesn't feel harsh enough, to be honest. And I'm sure Azthor wants territory.
I don't care about Africa. Just the Italian islands.

Also, annexing won't work, really.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

DreXav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 14, 2013, 10:33:06 pm »

The point I was making is that I could probably annex YOU. And it wouldn't even give me 1000% overextension.
Also, I took the province back almost immediately.

And I'm just turning around what you wanted to do to me.
You brought it upon yourself with your constant, open threats. Most likely empowered by France's backing from the get go, by the looks of it.

If you really think you can annex almost entire Iberia, some islands and colonies for less than almost a thousand percent of overextension, you are mad indeed (at this point of game, it's 928% extension for Spain, over 1100% for Russia). That is, after decades of sieging, if that ever succeeds. Regarding the province: if by 'immediately', you mean a year and only after I moved out my army to the mainland, then you are silly.

Lastly, if you are killing the purpose of my game, I might as well fight tooth and nail to the very bitter end in hopes of turn around and extra damage to your alliance. I will live as tiny island if needed be. Tarran should be able to attest to my tenacity - I will fight as long as there's even a ducat of resource to throw at my enemies.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 10:41:05 pm by DreXav »

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 15, 2013, 10:01:47 am »

I don't care about Africa. Just the Italian islands.

Just like Italy in real life, joining the war late, contributing little and demanding its share of the pie.
May the mass times acceleration be with you
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30