Poll

Which save?

Fivex's
- 4 (50%)
Before OOS
- 4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30

Author Topic: Europa Universalis IV: MP, Saturday, 7pm BST  (Read 34804 times)

DreXav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis IV: MP, Saturday, 7pm BST
« Reply #240 on: August 31, 2013, 12:59:33 pm »

I will be taking over Portugal from now on if it's player doesn't show up or explain absence. Is that fine with the active players?

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 31, 2013, 03:58:34 pm »

The desync problem and Azthor's problem just seems to be with Twigge; if I host there doesn't appear to be a problem.

DreXav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 01, 2013, 04:19:39 am »

We were missing four players or so, though. Still, change of host is worth a shot.

Isdar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 01, 2013, 05:46:08 am »

I am reassigning AI-chosen idea groups for people who weren't present last session. Come on quickly if you want them changed. Ideas are getting set to 0 so there'll be a loss of monarch points involved.

EDIT: also removed decision 'colonial restrictions' from POR. because thats just stupid.
What Idea groups does the Hansa have now?

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 01, 2013, 02:32:15 pm »

I don't know, all I do is that you're protestant now.
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 01, 2013, 02:48:35 pm »

Yeah, your AI converted basically the day we unpaused.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Isdar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 01, 2013, 06:27:57 pm »

Oh, yay. More tax and ideas cost less. Anything else happened?

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 03, 2013, 11:05:59 pm »

I won't be able to make it this weekend, and probably not the weekend after. It'd be great if someone could sub in for me as the computer would just screw up all my plans
May the mass times acceleration be with you

DreXav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 05, 2013, 11:09:20 am »

Which save will we continue from this weekend? We have discussed using some earlier save in hopes it stops going out of sync, but game hosted by fivex was fine all the way to the end of our test. Which will it be?

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 05, 2013, 11:36:14 am »

^
|
|

up dere

DreXav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 05, 2013, 04:44:47 pm »

Hm, whenever I try to exit or load a game while playing from our later save, my game hungs up with crash error =\ Maybe earlier save from before oos-mania would be safer? And perhaps without save-editting, too...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 05, 2013, 04:57:11 pm »

How is exiting or loading a problem for multiplayer though? So far I haven't seen Twiggie use a loading command in-game, nor is it a massive loss if players have to restart instead of going to the main menu.

Also, if we're going without save editing, we're going way back to before I got into a PU with Azthor, or some time before the phantom war. I'm not going to play a game eternally in a PU.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 12:01:48 am by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

DreXav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 06, 2013, 02:39:35 am »

How is exiting or loading a problem for multiplayer though?
It implies there's an issue with the save itself.

Also, if we're going without save editing, we're going way back to before I got into a PU with Azthor, or some time before the phantom war. I'm not going to play a game eternally in a PU.
I think that's the crux of matter for you, so here's my take on it: get your opinion of France into negative and wait until the French king dies - PU will get cancelled.

That being said, I have loaded up Milan from the session 2 end save and I could have declared independence just fine, it also gave me Ambrosian republic event along with decent 1-5-4 ruler.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 06, 2013, 03:03:18 am »

It implies there's an issue with the save itself.
Well, yes, I already know that after multiple reboots. The thing I was asking is whether the actual crashing from loading or exiting was actually a serious problem by itself. It'd basically just return us to EU3 standards to have to reboot the game and not able to load mid-game.

I think that's the crux of matter for you, so here's my take on it: get your opinion of France into negative and wait until the French king dies - PU will get cancelled.
Phantom war, I've said it many times. I know how PUs work, I am not ignorant of EU after many hundreds of hours of gameplay (I'd say EU is my most played game of all time). The thing is, before the edit, me and Azthor were in a phantom war (if you don't believe me, he can also testify), which prevented the PU from being canceled, that was the reason I asked for the PU to be edited out.

That being said, I have loaded up Milan from the session 2 end save and I could have declared independence just fine, it also gave me Ambrosian republic event along with decent 1-5-4 ruler.
Which save, the one on the first page?

DreXav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 06, 2013, 04:18:51 am »

Well, yes, I already know that after multiple reboots. The thing I was asking is whether the actual crashing from loading or exiting was actually a serious problem by itself. It'd basically just return us to EU3 standards to have to reboot the game and not able to load mid-game.
The crash on ending the game is not an issue in itself, but might hint of save corruption, which in turn might be responsible for other stability issues as well.

Which save, the one on the first page?
No, the current one on first page is the modified one, I think, I made a cloud save (since non-cloud saves take forever for me to load for some reason) off the initial uneditted one, where you are still in a PU and some countries (including Portugal) still have bad idea groups/decisions. Milan can declare independence without a problem, the game doesn't crash after multiple tests either.

We haven't made much progress in the latter save, so it would be small sacrifice for more stability. I suggest we use the earlier one, hosted by Fivex this time, just to see if host really makes a difference.

EDIT: I have uploaded it here, in case you don't have it anymore.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 05:34:29 am by DreXav »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30