Poll

Which save?

Fivex's
- 4 (50%)
Before OOS
- 4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 30

Author Topic: Europa Universalis IV: MP, Saturday, 7pm BST  (Read 34806 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis IV: MP, Saturday, 7pm BST
« Reply #225 on: August 28, 2013, 10:06:06 pm »

I'm curious as to how France managed to gut Spain yet lose internal territories.

Anyway, Fivex, that hands-off game should show you you don't have to worry about Ottos beating you up.

Also, I assume Milan wasn't inherited by the PU because of the phantom war that continued forever? By the way Twiggie, remember to remove the PU, and if possible the phantom war too.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 28, 2013, 10:14:31 pm »

France gutted Spain almost immediately. They used to own more. They lost the internal territories because of the HRE beating them up.
Milan was integrated.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 28, 2013, 10:23:06 pm »

Fun fact I found out in my own hands-off: Austria AI grabbing Lombard territories was a really darn bad idea. Ironically, that move actually could help me expand because the rebels that spawn? They're like an actual army from an actual country. Seriously, Milan gained two territories from Austria by 1512. The rebel stack? 36K or so in 4 armies.

I also spotted something very interesting: France and England ALLIED in a war, by 1512. Against at least 1 1/2 dozen or so countries no less.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 29, 2013, 07:29:24 am »

Anyone wanna write up a score comparison chart? :)

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 29, 2013, 08:13:08 am »

Ending this PU is harder than I thought it'd be. I guess I have to look for this phantom war?

EDIT: I managed to end it but the rulers I tried to edit in aren't showing, leaving the king of France in control of both countries...

I'm seriously worried about the effects this will have on the savegame, since everything's redundant several times over, and I can't be sure I got everything

EDITEDIT: OK, you now have a 111 regency and a 13 y/o heir with 222.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 09:21:06 am by Twiggie »

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 29, 2013, 11:44:27 am »

France gutted Spain almost immediately. They used to own more. They lost the internal territories because of the HRE beating them up.
Milan was integrated.

The League of Augsburg, I assume?

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 29, 2013, 01:55:14 pm »

Finding a pretty major bug with an important russian mission - Window on the West.

The mission shows up but gives me no objectives. It should give me a victory condition on Ingermanland, Neva, or any baltic port, but as I say, there are no objectives so its uncompleteable.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 29, 2013, 02:17:55 pm »

Ending this PU is harder than I thought it'd be. I guess I have to look for this phantom war?

EDIT: I managed to end it but the rulers I tried to edit in aren't showing, leaving the king of France in control of both countries...

I'm seriously worried about the effects this will have on the savegame, since everything's redundant several times over, and I can't be sure I got everything

EDITEDIT: OK, you now have a 111 regency and a 13 y/o heir with 222.
Thanks, I would be completely unable to do anything otherwise.

Finding a pretty major bug with an important russian mission - Window on the West.

The mission shows up but gives me no objectives. It should give me a victory condition on Ingermanland, Neva, or any baltic port, but as I say, there are no objectives so its uncompleteable.
Oh wow, that's rather crappy.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 29, 2013, 03:11:57 pm »

WTF, I don't get called against Kurland+France when they attack my PU'd TO, but when I've fully occupied Super-Crimea and they get PU'd mid-war, Crimea AUTO-WHITE-PEACES and its me vs Ottomans and Genoa.

W
T
F

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 29, 2013, 03:40:55 pm »

It beats having to occupy the entirety of continental Europe, sans a single elector and myself, just so that I could demand three belgian provinces. Coalitions really need a few tweaks in warscore value.

"You've lost a couple hundred thousand men, killed just over a million of ours, captured our every province and seat of government, and now hold us hostage, so what? Such triffle progress and you have the gall to demand all of four provinces? Preposterous! A complete and unquestionable defeat is hardly enough to force us into unfavorable peace terms! Erm, it isn't, right?"
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 03:55:52 pm by Azthor »

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 29, 2013, 03:51:14 pm »

I should really join that coalition

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 29, 2013, 04:04:25 pm »

I should really join that coalition

Even should you prevail, which is entirely possible, I'd have to question the feasibility of Russia not suffering a similar fate in tandem, as it then becomes the more prominent target for a coalition.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 29, 2013, 04:14:19 pm »

Nah I have enough problems to deal with - religion westernization etc etc ad infinitum

Not to mention mamluks and ottomans are both stronger than me

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 29, 2013, 05:43:44 pm »

Ahahah, Westernization. Well, I hope you don't mind sitting around doing nothing for a session! Maybe you, the Ottomans, and Mamluks should all to a simultaneous Westernization so you can all be sure none will backstab the other. Meanwhile, the rest of us can have a session with nothing but you three crying. :P

Also, if you have problems to deal with, you won't mind me having a little fun with Lombard rebels, will you?

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 31, 2013, 11:53:19 am »

I am reassigning AI-chosen idea groups for people who weren't present last session. Come on quickly if you want them changed. Ideas are getting set to 0 so there'll be a loss of monarch points involved.

EDIT: also removed decision 'colonial restrictions' from POR. because thats just stupid.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 12:08:54 pm by Twiggie »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 30