Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Blood nyads  (Read 1579 times)

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Blood nyads
« on: July 28, 2013, 10:09:47 pm »

I killed some blood nyads and I'm left with a bunch of body parts, can I turn them into anything usable?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Blood nyads
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 10:38:21 pm »

Meat? Or barrels of blood?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 05:27:11 am »

Meat? Or barrels of blood?
How? in the Butcher's the "butcher dead animal" doesn't work, in the Kitchen the "extract blood" extracts blood[5] from some vermin remains ("newt chunk" and these rot by the way) and the "grind meat" works with already butchered meat.

I have in my refuse pile:
Blood Nyad Right (and Left) Arm (and Leg and Foot) Blood
Blood Nyad Torso

I'm yet to try the "burn bodyparts to ash" in the crematorium with the blood nyad parts, my idiot dwarves were about to destroy some "stray cragtooth boar tooth[2]", can't the reaction make a difference between usable bodyparts and unusable ones?

Salperticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 06:17:42 am »

I can't help you with the kitchen / butchery problem, but I have a solution for the crematorium.
I usually make two stockpiles for refuse - on in the open where things can rot (right besides the crematorium) and one insides, near the craftsdwarves, leatherworkers and all that. Select as settings for the outside stockpile corpses and refuse, but limit the refuse to: Corpses, body parts and all item types except fresh raw hide. Now, only things you don't need for anything important will land there, and by setting the stockpile to give to the crematorium, you can assure that it only takes from there.
All your bones, raw hides, wool, skulls, ivory and the like will be safe.

Drawback: On this stockpile will also be stored the corpses of your own dwarves until they get buried. To avoid, turn off the corpse setting (not the refuse - corpse one) and put them somewhere else.
If you are using the crematorium all the time, you might lose a few corpses / bodyparts which could instead have been butchered. Or vermin remains with which you planned to do something else. Therefore, I recommend to turn it only on if you actually need either space in the stockpile, or ash.