Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: RWBY (Web Series)  (Read 5091 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: RWBY (Web Series)
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2013, 11:33:55 pm »

That seems probable, given that the OP's visuals hint at, what, a minimum of 12ish recurring characters?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2013, 11:36:20 pm »

I thought it was being animated by just Monty Oum, the Dead Fantasy/Haloid guy.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2013, 11:42:12 pm »

He's not the only guy doing this. The red trailer was just him alone, IIRC.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2013, 04:20:21 am »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2013, 12:31:43 pm »

The graphics seem a bit cheap and underdeveloped to me. There's a few shots (notably when Ruby pulls out her weapon in the second episode) where it seems like the characters aren't actually standing on the ground. And large textures (like the ground at the academy) seem really unfinished and blurry.

That said, the fights that they featured in the trailers are amazing, and I'm really hoping they wrap up the exposition/character setup soon and move on to the action.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2013, 03:27:25 pm »

Well my friend the fact a company that makes most of it's money off five minutes of halo characters bobbing their heads up and down, is creating a fully animated show is pretty good, you can see some improvements in the background like detail and a background.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2013, 03:33:21 pm »

Of course, RvB had better voice acting and plot even in the lowest points. The quest to the "store" for headlight fluid was more emotionally compelling than anything I've seen in RWBY.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2013, 03:49:32 pm »

You got a point there, but give it time.
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2013, 04:04:36 pm »

Except the gunscythe-dancing. Of which there hasn't been a sufficient amount since the Red trailer. The whole series has sort of been all downhill from that really.

I think Bauglir nailed it with the character arcs; it looks like the characters are just generic archetypes derived from tropes.

The setting is equally insipid, and looking more so by the episode. Now they are in 'generic wizard school' to become 'generic fighters of darkness.' There isn't any dark seriousness about the place; it's just another stupid 'magic highschool.' No airs of a paramilitary training center (which is basically what they said it was); just another dumb setting pulled from the most generic tropes they could find.

In short, if this series doesn't pull off a PMMM style turnabout within the next couple weeks, it's going to be a huge flop.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2013, 04:05:56 pm »

PMMM turnabout seems unlikely with 6 minute episodes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2013, 04:11:29 pm »

At least RT'll be able to learn from it.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2013, 04:19:42 pm »

PMMM turnabout seems unlikely with 6 minute episodes.
Eh, not really. Red vs Blue pulled off some really good ones. For example, the final 2 minutes of the first named series.... The Director's final letter.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dialog is a powerful thing when crafted with intent and a purpose other than simply filling time.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2013, 05:00:01 pm »

I'm a little late to the party but I'll say after recently watching the third episode, I do think it's improving. At least, in technical terms and the VA's performance. Plot's still up in the air, but it seems unfair to assume we've got the plot fully mapped out and predicted, when the same company took a plot from "assholes in a canyon" to "the main character is an artificial intelligence modeled after a man on a grief-fueled crusade to restore the woman he loved to life".
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2013, 06:00:53 pm »

yeah, you don't have to worry about plot when RT gets rolling.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2013, 07:47:01 pm »

Well, seems to be we gotta suffer some generic anime highschool show for the time being?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4