Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: The brutal, The violent, and The disgusting  (Read 8000 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: The brutal, The violent, and The disgusting
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2013, 12:30:58 pm »

WARNING:
What follow is bloody, sad and disturbing.
A group of 3 nymps came to my fort, trying to steal a few junks i had left in the depot.
I sent my squad of crossbow recruits to drive them away, thinking about scaring them, maybe a bolt in the arm or something...
One get shot in the leg, and ran. The other stayed out of range. :)
But the third... She took an arrow in the arm... Then, i don't know why, she attacked a goat. A crossbow dwarf get behind ger and punched her with his wooden shield.
"Ok, now she will GTFO and things won't get ugly today." :D
I thought she would flee... but no. She kept wrestling with the poor animal, charging and colliding with it, ignoring the poor lost guy still punching her with his shield so she would stop.
At one point in the chaos, she rolled in one of my traps.
"Oh well.  :'( One more bone stack. At least it will be painless."
But she wasn't killed.
She dodged the first saw! :) The second hit her in the left thigh, tearing appart the muscle, opening an artery, and severing a motor nerve.  ???
She fell in...the traps behind the first. She get hit in the groind and left buttock tearing the muscles, and in the left shin, this time shattering bones, muscles, nerves and artery.
She tried to crawl out... But get hit another time. This time she took sawblades in the torso, the left kidney, then the right buttock.
At this point she finally crawled out of the traps, and managed to get into the main hallway, in front of the workers and kids.
She was covered of blood, water and vomit, her left leg shredded, a saw stuck in the kidney and torso, and every other parts of her body torn open.
But it wasn't over.
The marksmen recruits were the first to get to her. One striked her in the head from behind; She passed away from the combined shock and pain.
They then proceeded to broke and tear every ones parts of her body, tearing her alive.
She regained consciousness multiple times in the process, screaming in extreme pain, as they shattered her nails, teared her breasts or punched her skull again the ground.
Then the dogs get to her.
I won't describe the scene of absolute horror that followed.
It's only after she was reduced to a pile of bloody shreds, still retching and vomiting, that my Militia Commander entered, and swiftly put a spear in her head, freeing her; at last.
All that for a sock-stealing nymph.

Urist McPsychopath have been ecstatic lately. He took joy in slaughter lately.
I hope Toady implements non-lethal fights in Fortress mode. :/

Poor thing.

Elf.

Togre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2013, 03:00:28 pm »

Giant Peach-Face Lovebird Man attacks a baby llama.  Tears off both of its ears and begins to strangle it.  I chase it off but the llama baby bleeds out from the ear stubs.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 03:20:49 pm by Togre »
"Hey guys, you know how I've been repeatedly injuring you over and over again for the purpose of training up a team of high skilled doctors? Yeah well we didn't actually need to do that."

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2013, 03:01:59 pm »

WARNING:
What follow is bloody, sad and disturbing.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Poor thing.

Elf.

Nymphs be viscous yo.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2013, 06:02:44 pm »

A few months back, (back when I still used danger rooms), I had my first encounter with an unfortunate syndrome from a FB. It had deadly blood see, and my military dorfs had been quite hacky slashy all over the cavern gate. About 10 minutes after the battle all of my military dorfs (and war dogs) began to suddenly hemorrhage explosively. One moment they are walking, no sign of distress or injury, then BOOM BLOOD EVERYWHERE.
I told my mom about it and she laughed.
Your mom needs to start playing DF. If she doesn't already.

I haven't had anything particularly gruesome, but I have had Urist McSociopath the crossbowdorf beating on a goblin for about two months with a copper crossbow before finally passing out. I guess the goblin had a good helmet on.

End result... a goblin with every part of its body broken, too injured to take advantage of an unconscious enemy. The dwarf was starving and dehydrated but somehow still ecstatic. I guess he was getting a kick out of pummeling the goblin into jelly. I took him off duty, hoping someone might get his passed-out butt to the hospital, but he just got up, brushed himself off, and went to get a drink. The goblin, who couldn't move, probably because his back had been broken at some point, was killed when a nearby necromancer decided to come waltzing through with his army of the undead.

Urist McSociopath became the captain of my new hammer squad, for obvious reasons.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2013, 07:02:27 pm »

Wow, I never thought this would get more then five replies.

Some threads are a sure attention-grabber here.  This is one of them :)
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2013, 10:12:16 am »

In one of my past fortresses I had a moody dwarf in one of my magma forges. She was asking for some impossible-to-come-by stuff to finish her artifact, and her baby was her first target when she went berserk.
The fight was brief and she quickly ran away from the forges area. I looked around there and found no trace of the baby's corpse. Then i looked at her Health screen and noticed she had a broken hand, two broken floating ribs and her liver was shutting down.
Probably that baby was the avatar of Armok in the world, and when she got hostile he unleashed his wrath upon her, breaking bones and smashing organs even though he was just a couple months old. She got so terrified by her baby's viciousness that she dumped him into the forges. She was then killed by crossbow security.

Long story short: The avatar of Armok in the world, the most awesome warrior of all times got his life cut short by some rampaging bitch and a stupid overseer who could find no shells to avoid his misfortune.

_Ivan_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2013, 11:43:08 am »

In my fortress there is a long hallway down to the hospital. The echoes of moaning and howls of pain resonate out of the main stairwell into the entire fortress only to be ignored for years.

A single dwarf rest in isolation down there. Gemsitsigun Buketuvash Enten lay covered from head to toe in forgotten beast extract. It causes damage to the tissues by some means the medics cannot decipher and being so resilient, she heals as fast as she dies. The medics, fearing the contagion could spread throughout the entire fort refuse to bathe her and so there she lay in perpetual agony waiting for a death that does not come.

Two full years have passed since she waged battle with the beast with no sign of an end, and should the chief medics assertion that the extract endows immortality prove true, it may well never end.

Edit: Dead of old age after 5 years in the hospital. But her goo covered gear is laying about. Might be another to take her place soon. :)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 01:54:15 pm by _Ivan_ »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2013, 11:51:37 am »

I actually feel slightly sick now.
From Great Liberties come Great Suffering and Squickiness I suppose but...
urgh.
The mental images...
Tearing apart a living person...
urgh...
ah...

The most disgusting I ever had was a dwarf wrestling a goblin on the same tile a trap was, resulting in saws hacking them both to pieces.
Then again, Adamantine saws.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Sergei_Andropov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2013, 04:56:05 pm »

For my current fortress, I had a harebrained and ultimately unsuccessful plan to increase productivity by building Dwarven Suburbia, with each family having a large home containing its own workshops. This took time to build, though, and I was never going to complete it if new migrants kept showing up demanding houses of their own. Looking at my dwarves' engravings, I noticed that they seemed fond of Strogag the Orb of Laces, the goblin-slaying marsh titan, so I built a subterranean shrine to him on the other side of the valley and locked all the new migrants in there. As the second migrant wave was wasting away there, choking on the miasma of the first, a goblin assault began, and I desperately opened the Blood Shrine of the Marsh Titan in the hopes that its dying denizens could take out at least one of the goblins. Sadly, in their delirious, severely dehydrated state, they were unable to land a single blow, and that side of the valley was soon strewn with dwarf bits. While the main fortress worked on building a trap-lined hallway to take care of the goblins, a third massive migrant wave, having heard of the bounty of the Cult of the Marsh Titan, decided to show up, and was immediately torn to bits by the goblins. By this point, I had over a hundred dead dwarves, in the first two or three years of my fort's existence. Eventually, I finished the hallway, caged the goblins, and life returned to normal at the suburban utopia of Specialcraft.

And then a zombie apocalypse began, and outside, you literally could not go ten feet without tripping over a corpse, moving or otherwise. Strogag was pleased that day.

Swonnrr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2013, 10:42:34 am »

Strogag ARMOK was pleased that day.

You... you played Dwarf Fortress, that day.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2013, 09:06:22 pm »

Well, not quite brutal or disgusting but maybe this is worth a couple coppers.

First ever fort in .31.25, and my recent migrant armorer got shot by ambushers. In the neck. She somehow survived, fleeing back INTO (gasp! Intelligence!) the fortress, trailing blood the whole way. She then bee-lined into the communal tomb and died in a pool of blood. Eerie, violent, lots of blood, and one dead dorf with an arrow in her neck.

Ildac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2013, 12:28:25 am »

Not as brutal or disgusting as some things listed here, but definitely violent.

I've gotten two vampires in my fortress so far.  As I do not yet have any ravenous beasts to feed them to, I have chosen to execute them via a spike trap and wooden training spears.  I can only imagine how horrible it must be, to have every bone in your body broken, every organ ruptured, every artery severed before you're finally given the mercy of death, typically in the form of a skull fragment shoved into the brain.

The best part is that the body disappears into the trap after death, so it's like the trap is gotten clogged with the dwarf's corpse.  It's amazing.  Also kinda poetic, because it's like the vampire is getting staked over and over again.

Berossus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2013, 04:59:33 am »

If the fps permits, i think i will build a new execution range.
Caged PoWs will be penned into your standard floorgrate, but below there will be 1x1 columns to land on, surrounded by magma.
If you dodge, you burn. If you dont, you get bolted.

This will be my revenge for the poor lad who got hammered by a squad of gobbo-archers.
In his defense, he kept them busy until everyone else arrived to slay them, but they shot him for like 2 solid minutes realtime. Copper arrows against iron/steel armor with awesome stamina kept him alive until he was carried off to the hospital where he suffocated due to his twice shot-through spine.

Come to think of it, he carried the artifact steel sword he inherited from the former champion.
Who was shot through the neck by a goblin.
And suffocated.

I pity the lad who has it now.
My son, many speak of the honor in war.
My preferred method is to wait until their back is turned, then impale them with a pike held by someone else.
Preferrably from a distance.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2013, 08:52:25 am »

Well my must brutal moment in DF was where i made a pit to throw goblins i caught in cages right outside my fortress. Well when the goblins hit the ground in the pit three of them exploded from the force of the drop well the rest lived by landing on the body parts of their friends, but that's not all i had tame a giant bark scorpion which i threw into the pit to which the goblins and giant naked mole rat and her pups beat the thing to death which took two years to do.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2013, 11:26:59 am »

I made a pit with nothing in it but a single artifact chicken bone mace made into a trap. I pit all my unbutcherable captures into this room so they were doomed to just sit tight and either be killed by other prisoners, wait for starvation or willingly throw themselves at the trap to be lightly tapped until they die.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5