Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: The brutal, The violent, and The disgusting  (Read 7999 times)

xana55

• Bay Watcher
  • Booze Detected: Initiating Drinking Protocal
    • View Profile
Re: The brutal, The violent, and The disgusting
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2013, 08:14:36 pm »

Wow, I never thought this would get more then five replies.
Urist The Foolish: Beheaded by a swarm of cats 379 BC.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2013, 04:19:11 am »

I haven't done it yet, but I thought up a humorous method for killing goblin prisoners by first pitting one goblin at the bottom of a single tile wide pit, maybe 10 z levels deep, then dropping goblins down the pit to fall on the dude at the bottom to see how well they land. Repeat until the goblins are all either dead or lying on top of one another with busted bones.

Survivors would get to stay down there until the next source of fodder.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2013, 04:38:50 am »

An elephant showed up one year in an older fortress, and I didn't understand the murder inate in this beast. I sent a small group of weak sworddwarves to take care of it, but he had other plans. It crippled the militia captain and killed his comrades. Then, the beast set his sights on the commander. After a season of beating on him, I checked the wounds of the commander. Every bone was broken but the skull, and he had pretty much everything that could be severed while staying alive chopped off. By the time I was killed by elves when I started my policy of stabbing first, trading later, which was a couple years after, the elephant was still goring the captain as he slipped in and out of unconsciousness, never managing to kill the brain.
(The elves managed, or rather their unicorn)
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

NotaPirate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2013, 10:43:43 am »

I had a 'dodge into thin air' hallway trap that had goblins fall 1z into a set of copper spikes. Cue lots of gore, blood, guts and various other body parts that were ripped in the resulting fall.

Unoriginal, perhaps, but lovely nonetheless.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2013, 12:18:31 pm »

The most disgusting act in my df games ever?

+slate statue of Ushat Dikecaverns+
The item is a finely crafted image of Ushat Dikecaverns and two sloth bears in slate by Momuz Degillenod. Ushat Dikecaverns is embracing the two sloth bears.

O.o

It gets odder. This was in response to a manager-enabled demand for 50 rock statues.

Ushat Dikecaverns is the manager who signed the production order O>O
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

KtosoX

• Bay Watcher
  • Playing DF since 18.08.2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2013, 01:12:18 pm »

(removed)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 10:24:58 pm by Toady One »
Build a grid of floor grates above the entire city. Draft a squadron of masons and bomb the crap out of the city with falling constructed walls.
The Geneva Convention would like to have a word with you.
Quote from: Aleksanderus
I have clicked "d" in a forge and look what it did!

Pakkanen

• Bay Watcher
  • Try some alchemy!!
    • View Profile
    • Second Phase Software
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2013, 01:33:41 pm »

In my first enduring fort (1 or 2 years) a dwarf picked up a rat and GOUGED it's eyes out!
For no reason! He wasn't even hungry!
I mean let me ask you.
Would you rather:
a) Step on it
b) Kick it
c) Scare it away
d) leave it to the cat
OR
e)Go all Blade Runner on it!
~Volvo kauhee laiva tehoo täytyy olla liikkuu joskus BMW ei ikinä perä vaivaa mese joo mut ei riitä hitsi lanka voi otta sellasen

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2013, 02:41:12 pm »

Ya know how, a few months after the first really big migrant wave, a bunch of babies are born in quick succession? Well, I had most of the migrants in the military. This was the first and only fort I'd ever use danger rooms in, so I didn't know about the side effects they had on babies, and so I didn't immediately kick the child bearing mothers out of the military. I gave the station order, and set the lever to repeat. I then went to supervise mining operations.

I think you can all figure out what happened next.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2013, 06:37:27 pm »

Would you rather:
a) Step on it
b) Kick it
c) Scare it away
d) leave it to the cat
OR
e)Go all Blade Runner on it!
Protip: You aren't a real dwarf if you choose anything but E.

Table Turning

• Bay Watcher
  • Turnways.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2013, 10:03:23 pm »

Sometimes my dwarves end up having gods like this.

Besides being depicted as unnaturally contorted, Momuz was also often shown screaming or crying. :)
Thats another use for useless immigrants.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2013, 12:22:39 am »

Obok Meatgod is to be never spoken of again. Drop it.

Anyway, my one:

I had the grand, gold plated fortress of Astikal, Sabreheals. It was split in two - Old Sabreheals was where the peasants lived, in relative safety and warmth in the rock layer. The entrance to Old Sabreheals was through a corridor of coffins and slabs - everyone who had died in Sabreheals up to that point.

New Sabreheals was down in the third cavern layer, almost totally sealed off from the rest of the caverns except fliers. It was plated with gold and silver, or at least was going to be when I had smelted it all.

Combined New Sabreheals and Old Sabreheals had a population of 220.

Now, this fort was buried deep in a Terrifying Glacier layer. AKA, Dwarf Fortress Hardmode.
In the first two years after Astikal was established, forty-five dwarves of eighty starved to death. Food was hard to come by, and farming was impossible because there was no plants. The caverns were breached, and a further twenty dwarves died to a forgotten beast that slew them where they stood, throwing one's arm onto a butcher's shop that remained there until the fall of Astikal.

Limping along, Astikal then witnessed its first siege. A massive goblin army, most of them mounted. Their general, a demon of ash who could breath fire came with them.

The masons constructed their new drawbridge and built it faster than I'd ever seen before, and the lone, critically injured mechanic dragged his upper body up to the main levels and linked the levers.

But we didn't need it.

An infernal ash storm swept over the sieging horde. When the ash cloud cleared, all but five of the invaders were dead, their blood everywhere.
The five live ones were the ash demon, three goblin lashers and their rutherer mount.

All were covered in such massive blisters as to be almost unrecognisable. Seconds later, the three goblins died of blood loss. The rutherer just died. The demon, ashen skin still bubbling as if he were heated liquid, managed to crawl to his feet and fled the map.

From that moment on, Astikal needed no military. Every siege that showed up was wiped out by the timely arrival of infernal ash storms.

One year, humans came to Astikal. They moved too slowly. The ash clouds consumed them.
Another year, elves came to Astikal. They too moved too slowly. They were enveloped in seconds and destroyed.

But yet, the dwarves of Sabreheals still lived. A massive series of migrant waves swelled their ranks, which in time reached nearly 220. All adults had some kind of job - be it farming or mining or masonry or carpentry.

The caverns supplied the wood and plants, livestock breeding supplied meat, and so did roaming polar bears crippled by ash storms. We had a fairly high death rate among butchers, but I made sure that they wore clothing and washed as they came into the fortress - thus keeping themselves clean. Occasionally, a butcher would be hospitalised with blistering on his/her hands, but they'd generally survive after washing and cleaning and dressing.
We had a pretty decent clothing industry - Sabreheals NEEDED it, to prevent dwarves from dying from the ash storms.

But then, one year, everything changed. A hunter discovered a lost human caravan, dead to the man. He promptly took the bolts there, and put them in his quiver.

In the main stairway, which everyone preferred to use, he decided he'd take his shoes off. They were caked in ash.
He also took his socks in the entrance to the stairway.

Guess what. Also covered in ash.

Now, to get from New Sabreheals to Old Sabreheals, one had to climb up a massive staircase that wound around workshops. Everyone worked in those workshops sometimes.

Hence, that staircase was possibly the most heavily trod upon area in Sabreheals.
Nothing terrible happened until fifty dwarves suddenly sickened, passed out and were taken to hospital. They slowly developed blisters, that started on a single limb, gradually covering their entire bodies before they died of blood loss after (i presume) their blisters popped.

Naturally, more and more dwarves sickened, as well as the hospital staff. It took me some hunting to find, forbid and wall off the offending area - i had to get a miner to dig a new staircase with redundancies so that it could be sealed off. The miner completed the job, and promptly sickened too.

In all, 176 dwarves sickened and died with the ash fever, and Astikal's livelihood was irreparably damaged. No more migrants wanted to come, and the fort couldn't be run with only twenty healthy adults and thirty children.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2013, 12:34:28 am »

That... That's amazing.

enolate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2013, 01:39:15 am »

That... That's amazing.

Considering it died because someone took off their shoes, Sabreheels is an accurate name.

TomIrony

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood, Stone and Ash
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2013, 10:38:25 am »

The hostpital room was dark, the only sound coming from the ragged breathing of the three occupants, each in their own bed.

Unable to stand because of his broken legs, Urist called out. There was no answer. No nurse, no doctor, not even and answer from his two hospital-mates. He propped himself up on his elbows, wondering how long he'd been here, wondering where everyone had gone.

His eyes took a moment to adjust to the dimness of the room, but when they did a chill ran down his spine as he understood his isolation: the hospital had been walled in. The doorway, once open and welcoming, was now blocked-off with freshly-placed blocks, the stone still wet with caulk.

He glanced to each of the beds on either sides of him, the breathing of the wounded dwarves ragged and irregular. He knew these dwarves, had worked with them, was with them when the attack happened.

But that breathing... That was no longer dwarven. His two old friends rose up from their beds, skin turned to leathery green, eyes dull red, maws filled with pointed teeth.

He'd been bitten, like them, but unlike them, did not turn.

The next morning, when the blocks were to be removed, they would find two dwarves, hale and whole, neither of which would remember the screams of horror and agony that would keep the masons awake for moons to come.
Quote from: KodKod
Quote from: enizer
"unit list other: 248, all kobolds"
"Hunt them for sport.

The Least Dangerous Game."

Swonnrr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2013, 10:39:25 am »

WARNING:
What follow is bloody, sad and disturbing.
A group of 3 nymps came to my fort, trying to steal a few junks i had left in the depot.
I sent my squad of crossbow recruits to drive them away, thinking about scaring them, maybe a bolt in the arm or something...
One get shot in the leg, and ran. The other stayed out of range. :)
But the third... She took an arrow in the arm... Then, i don't know why, she attacked a goat. A crossbow dwarf get behind ger and punched her with his wooden shield.
"Ok, now she will GTFO and things won't get ugly today." :D
I thought she would flee... but no. She kept wrestling with the poor animal, charging and colliding with it, ignoring the poor lost guy still punching her with his shield so she would stop.
At one point in the chaos, she rolled in one of my traps.
"Oh well.  :'( One more bone stack. At least it will be painless."
But she wasn't killed.
She dodged the first saw! :) The second hit her in the left thigh, tearing appart the muscle, opening an artery, and severing a motor nerve.  ???
She fell in...the traps behind the first. She get hit in the groind and left buttock tearing the muscles, and in the left shin, this time shattering bones, muscles, nerves and artery.
She tried to crawl out... But get hit another time. This time she took sawblades in the torso, the left kidney, then the right buttock.
At this point she finally crawled out of the traps, and managed to get into the main hallway, in front of the workers and kids.
She was covered of blood, water and vomit, her left leg shredded, a saw stuck in the kidney and torso, and every other parts of her body torn open.
But it wasn't over.
The marksmen recruits were the first to get to her. One striked her in the head from behind; She passed away from the combined shock and pain.
They then proceeded to broke and tear every ones parts of her body, tearing her alive.
She regained consciousness multiple times in the process, screaming in extreme pain, as they shattered her nails, teared her breasts or punched her skull again the ground.
Then the dogs get to her.
I won't describe the scene of absolute horror that followed.
It's only after she was reduced to a pile of bloody shreds, still retching and vomiting, that my Militia Commander entered, and swiftly put a spear in her head, freeing her; at last.
All that for a sock-stealing nymph.

Urist McPsychopath have been ecstatic lately. He took joy in slaughter lately.
I hope Toady implements non-lethal fights in Fortress mode. :/

Poor thing.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5