Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22

Author Topic: Medieval Jousting Heroes - Stage 1 - Nantes - Day 1  (Read 27531 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Medieval Jousting Heroes - Stage 1 - Nantes - Day 1
« Reply #180 on: August 01, 2013, 07:44:30 am »

So, I'm talking with the Baron and have a temporary bonus to my ability to persuade him.

How should I exploit this?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 01, 2013, 07:46:52 am »

Can I join in team Bucephalus or something?

Get in touch with Cheesecake, he's running Team Equine.  If he's accepting members, then you could join as a Knight or a Squire.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 01, 2013, 07:48:17 am »

Can I join in team Bucephalus or something?
Sure! We've got an opening for a Knight or a Squire.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #183 on: August 01, 2013, 10:08:23 am »

Lap walks out onto the field. Ahem Lords and ladies! Introducing, Lord Antoine of Gerraos! His shield is steadfast, his affinity with the horse second to none, but most of all, his skill with the lance.. is LEGENDARY! Ladies faint. Drop the mic and leave.

((Dwarmin's is great, ha! :D))

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 01, 2013, 10:21:05 am »

Name:Hephaestion
    Description: A young and thin lad with a curtain of brown locks falling on his shoulders, Hephaestion would make any maiden happy if he was inclined toward such things. Instead, he spend his whole time taking care of his Knight's garments and person, making him one of the best-dressed man of France.

Spoiler: Avatar (click to show/hide)

Skills:

Dressing:6, Eloquence:4, Brawling:3, Medicine:3

« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 11:00:02 am by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 01, 2013, 10:33:53 am »

Name... Hephaestion or Patruclus or Patrocles?  Also, the pic is kind of knightly.... and there are so many suggestive Hephaestion pictures on google...?
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 01, 2013, 10:44:23 am »

Honourwill psyche up for the tilt.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 01, 2013, 11:19:40 am »

Sorry, Hephaestion. And the pic is the Squire from Chaucer, I liked it, but I can use this one instead if you want.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 02:16:01 am by Sheb »

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 01, 2013, 01:45:59 pm »

Ursus will be pillaging the other team's stables for picnic baskets, shillings and bandages. Devour anyone who gets in the way.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #189 on: August 01, 2013, 04:50:23 pm »

Ursus will be pillaging the other team's stables for picnic baskets, shillings and bandages. Devour anyone who gets in the way.
Not the picnic baskets!

So, I have a temporary +2 Prancing?

Would persuading a human to do something count as Prancing or Sentience or both?

Yes, until the end of the day.  Hehe, umm.... Both I think.  Persuasion is definitely non-horsey, and Prancing would be most appropriate.  Hmm.. could be rather powerful, if it works!

Ophidia get an automatic success for that speech, and will roll for further success.

Does the Shadowknights cheerleader have a name?

Hmm, unless GWG has to use prancing abilities, I'd hazard it's mostly sentience- I don't imagine being able to trot and throw one's head will convince many humans to do what he wants, (unless it's horsey, like giving him an apple or loaning horse-armor). If a sentience-only roll is required & op, you could use two rolls- one for successfully speaking to the human and a second for how the human reacts- which could be interpreted as linguistic prancing if one wants to split up the checks.

Btw, one of you english majors out there better give me an A on that poem-post of mine. It's solid gold.

So, I'm talking with the Baron and have a temporary bonus to my ability to persuade him.

How should I exploit this?
Get him to loan you his equipment, staff & training grounds for tomorrow's joust.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 04:58:49 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Slothman400

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 01, 2013, 05:07:33 pm »

Use my highly trained reflexes(Lancery) to keep a hold on Tenebra.

I don't want to get any "flesh wounds" too early in the joust.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 01, 2013, 09:41:22 pm »

Sounds like a plan, Adams!

Talk about this fine young knight, Sir Stone, and how his family was impoverished for generations, and he will be jousting tomorrow without good gear. Then suggest that the Baron could lend Stone a set of jousting gear, especially a set of horse armor, to not only show that he is a kind and charitable ruler but also to gain the knight's loyalty.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 02, 2013, 02:23:53 am »

Hephaestion will try to steal some better armor somewhere for his knight. And some silk too, we can't let him fight dressed like a peasant.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 02, 2013, 04:04:11 am »

So, I have a temporary +2 Prancing?

Would persuading a human to do something count as Prancing or Sentience or both?

Yes, until the end of the day.  Hehe, umm.... Both I think.  Persuasion is definitely non-horsey, and Prancing would be most appropriate.  Hmm.. could be rather powerful, if it works!

Ophidia get an automatic success for that speech, and will roll for further success.

Does the Shadowknights cheerleader have a name?
She has two personality, that one with the tattoo and red eyes is Mia Storm. The one without a tattoo or red eyes is Ami Storm. She has a connection with Tenebra.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 02, 2013, 07:55:21 am »

''My Lords! My Ladies!

And everyone else here NOT sitting on a cushion!!!

Today, you find yourselves equals! For you are all... EQUALLY blessed! For I have the pride, the privilege nay, the pleasure of introducing to you a knight, sired by knights! A knight who can trace his lineage back centuries. I first met him atop a mountain praying to God for forgiveness for the blood of his enemies spilt by his sword! Next, he amazed me further when he saved a fatherless beauty from the ravishing of her evil uncle!

In Fibblewibble, he spent a year in silence, just to better understand the sound... of a whisper...

And so without further ado, I give you the seeker of serenity, the defender of virginity and the warrior of these lands, the one, the only, Sir Hemingsworth Norton TiiiiiiIIIIINKLEBOTTOOOOOOOM!''

(Yes, unashamedly taken from A Knight's Tale. Couldn't resist. My future ones will be more original :P)

Tristepin tries to encourage the crowd to support Norton, particularly when he's had a good strike in. He shows good sportsmanship by applauding any really good hits the opponent does.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22