Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22

Author Topic: Medieval Jousting Heroes - Stage 1 - Nantes - Day 1  (Read 27534 times)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Medieval Jousting Heroes - Stage 1 - Nantes - Day 1
« Reply #150 on: July 30, 2013, 04:51:41 pm »

What are the smoke-trails?
Horses made of fire.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #151 on: July 30, 2013, 04:53:23 pm »

I don't think there are any female characters here.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 30, 2013, 04:54:07 pm »

There are NPCs, mares, and at least one female knight.
The one I commented on the impractical outfit of.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Slothman400

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 30, 2013, 05:12:18 pm »

Sharpen my weapons.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug!

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #154 on: July 30, 2013, 05:38:13 pm »

There are NPCs, mares, and at least one female knight.
The one I commented on the impractical outfit of.
She's a squire.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 30, 2013, 06:04:04 pm »

Who said Honour was male?

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 31, 2013, 10:28:56 am »

The Shadowknights
The Black Knight - Sharpen my weapons.
Ophidia - ???
Tenebra - Tenebra shall scout the tourney grounds. May my knowledge of the ground somehow help me.

House Tinklebottom
Hemingsworth - ???
Tristepin - I'll use my AP to have Tristepin use his eloquence skill to help Norton with his charm ability... whilst sparring in Norton's training. Teaching witty banter in a battle and so forth.
Honour - Honour shall find Tenebra and flirt with them massively. Hopefully this will occur.

Team Uhh!
Antoine - Discuss things with the other nobles, and try to get into good graces/mooch some armor off them.
Lap - Politely introduce myself to the noble ladies and boast of my lord's strength, bravery, and the size of his.. er.. lance.
Antigones - ???

Team Braggadocio
Sam Stone - ???
Ursus - Paint like Picasso
Anselm - Sip some tea as I watch the joust. Try to blend in with the crowd.

Team Equine
Bucephalus - Trample hobo children to practice for joust.

OK, all participants with a ??? by their name now have their Actions up for grabs.  Anyone can suggest their Actions, first suggestion for a player will be accepted.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 31, 2013, 10:33:11 am »

((Ooops))

Action: Ophidia also sharpens her cute demonic talons with her basalt nail file. For more cutting power!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #158 on: July 31, 2013, 11:23:10 am »

Sam Stone gets naked in the street.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 31, 2013, 12:36:24 pm »

Stone: Sit next to his horse and watch.
Hemingworth: Whip the horse. That'll help.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #160 on: July 31, 2013, 12:43:12 pm »

If I were a lady at court, I'd like to know your source for that last bit.

Use my LANCERY skill to begin teaching Triste how to BRAWL more efficiently.

((Oh man I know what I'd be doing right now if I were evil.))

Question: just what kinds of actions can we expect to accomplish the same turn we're jousting? Do we have to stay on the horse or something? (I imagine hulk hogan over there doing a handstand during the charge)
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 31, 2013, 12:56:36 pm »

I did my action long ago.
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #162 on: July 31, 2013, 01:20:23 pm »

Antigones tries to get with a (real) lady horse.
Badges of honor

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 01, 2013, 01:40:32 am »

Day 1
Pre-Joust

The Shadowknights
      Automatic Action, Knight, Warm up, rolling against Lancery (6) ... 3 ... Success!
      +1 to Lancery
      Automatic action, Squire, Dress Knight, rolling against Dressing (5) ... 2 ... Success!
      The Black Knight is well adorned, +1 to Shieldery
      Automatic action, Steed, Eat, rolling against Stamina (3) ... 7 ... Failure!
      No change

The Black Knight - "Sharpen my weapons."
      Rolling against Lancery (6+1) ... 5 ... Success!
      The Black Knight finds a nice rough looking stone and begins to rub the tip of his wooden French farmer's sheep lance against it, creating a decently sharp tip.
      +1 Damage dice reroll
      Ophidia - "Ophidia also sharpens her cute demonic talons with her basalt nail file. For more cutting power!"
      Rolling against Dressing (5) ... 10 ... Critical Failure!
      Ophidia sharpens her talons a little too earnestly and in her desire for maximum evility loses track of time and grinds them all to a stub.  Instead of scratching and gouging, she now paws and pats.
      -1 to Brawling
Tenebra - "Tenebra shall scout the tourney grounds. May my knowledge of the ground somehow help me."
      Rolling against Sentience (6) ... 7 ... Failure!
      Tenebra trots around the grounds, inspecting the fences and the turf, makes mental notes of everything that could benefit his run later on.  Then a young boy discards an apple core on the ground and Tenebra forgets all to champ on the delicious fruit.
      No change

House Tinklebottom
      Automatic Action, Knight, Warm up, rolling against Lancery (5) ... 3 ... Success!
      +1 to Lancery
      Automatic action, Squire, Dress Knight, rolling against Dressing (5) ... 1 ... Critical Success!
      Hemingsworth's armour is expertly donned by hands that know his body well, +1 to Lancery & Shieldery
      Automatic action, Steed, Eat, rolling against Stamina (6) ... 9 ... Failure!
      No change

Hemingsworth - "Use my LANCERY skill to begin teaching Triste how to BRAWL more efficiently."
Tristepin - "I'll use my AP to have Tristepin use his eloquence skill to help Norton with his charm ability... whilst sparring in Norton's training. Teaching witty banter in a battle and so forth."
      House Tinklebottom waste no time in getting down to some classic Knight on Squire action.
      Hemingsworth rolling against Lancery (5+2) ... 9 ... Failure!
      Tristepin rolling against Eloquence (6) ... 1 ... Critical Success!
      Hemingsworth is overawed by the Eloquence of his handsome young Squire he forgets all notion of martial training as they sit together under a tree beside the river and read poetry all morning.  Hemingsworth Charm +2
Honour - "Honour shall find Tenebra and flirt with them massively. Hopefully this will occur."
      Honour rolling against Prancing (5) ... 5 ... Success!
      Honour finds Tenebra moping around not doing much, and puts on a fantastic performance of pony prancery such that Tenebra is captivated.
      Tenebra will buck when near Honour, forcing Equine Affinity roll

Team Uhh!
      Automatic Action, Knight, Warm up, rolling against Lancery (4) ... 6 ... Failure!
      Automatic action, Squire, Dress Knight, rolling against Dressing (6) ... 6 ... Success!
      Antoine wears his armour well thanks to Lap's skilled buckling.  Shieldery +1
      Automatic action, Steed, Eat, rolling against Stamina (9) ... 6 ... Success!
      Antigones has two mouths to feed, and feeds well.  Stamina +1

Lap - "Politely introduce myself to the noble ladies and boast of my lord's strength, bravery, and the size of his.. er.. lance."
      Lap rolling against Eloquence (5) ... 2 ... Success!
      The ladies of the court are charmed by young Lap and his tales of his Sires lance.  Antoine Charm +1
Antoine - "Discuss things with the other nobles, and try to get into good graces/mooch some armor off them."
      Antoine rolling against Charm (5+1) ... 8 ... Failure!
      The nobility of Nantes do not seem impressed with Antoine's small talk, the size of his lance does not sway them and they do not give up their fine armour.
Antigones - "Antigones tries to get with a (real) lady horse."
      Antigones rolling against Prancery (1) ... 6 ... Failure!
      Antigones tries some Spanish show steps to impress a speckled stable filly.  Antigones the Elder fumbles a sidestep and the horse falls down.  The stable boys observe but seem un-phased and resume their work.

Team Equine
      Automatic Action, Knight, Warm up, rolling against Sentience (5) ... 10 ... Critical Failure!
      Bucephalus enters a world of such self-referential thought he becomes dumstruck by his own being.
      Sentience -1
      Automatic action, Squire, Dress Knight, rolling against Sentience (5-1) ... 9 ... Failure!
      Bucephalus looks at the armour on the ground and tries to chew on it.
      Automatic action, Steed, Eat, rolling against Stamina (4) ... 4 ... Success!
      Bucephalus needs lots of food after being forced to think too much. Stamina +1

Bucephalus - "Trample hobo children to practice for joust."
      Rolling against Violence (6) ... 6 ... Success!
      Bucephalus prowls the streets of Nantes, running down the street urchins underfoot.  They are far too slow and puny to resist his onslaught.  Lancery +1 Violence +1

Team Braggadocio
Sam Stone - "Sam Stone gets naked in the street."  (Only previous Stone Actions involved tights and showboating *during* the joust, so went with this.  Will use the showboating for the actual joust period?)
      Rolling against Charm (5) ... 8 ... Failure!
      Country lad Sam struggles with his fancy breeches and gives up after five minutes of wrestling with his own pants.
Ursus - Paint like Picasso
      Instant success!
Anselm - Sip some tea as I watch the joust. Try to blend in with the crowd.
      Rolling against Sentience (9) ... 1 ... Critical Success!
      Anselm nonchalantly trots into the noble stands and takes a seat.  He orders a cup of tea and strikes up conversation with those in adjacent seats.  He converses about the weather, regional politics and the favourite for the joust.  The Baron de la Filly overhears Anselm's repartee and invites the gelding to his box for the remainder of the day.  Prancing +2 & Opportunities aplenty
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 01, 2013, 01:44:33 am »

Please submit Joust period Actions now.  Will give 48h this time.  The write ups take quite a while.   :'(
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22