Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22

Author Topic: Medieval Jousting Heroes - Stage 1 - Nantes - Day 1  (Read 27523 times)

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
Re: Medieval Jousting Heroes - Stage 1 - Nantes
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2013, 06:28:49 pm »

I'dda gone a knight if it weren't for the fact that I'd love to just go announce ''The ONE! The ONLY! Sir TiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinkleBOTTOOOOMMMM!'' To rapturous applause. :)
((The novelty will never wear off))
EVER!

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2013, 06:29:03 pm »

Hm, there's already a goonish squire. Is he the "evil brut" or "gentle giant" archetype? 'cause I might like to do a gentle giant. Other wise I'll probably go for a medic squire. Or even a knight.
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2013, 06:35:16 pm »

I got the impression of neutral brut.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2013, 06:36:13 pm »

RL delayed me, as did my need for research, but here it is!

Spoiler: Anselm (click to show/hide)

Note that the closest I've ever been to an equestrian is listening to a friend in high school when she talked about horses.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 06:48:26 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2013, 06:40:01 pm »

Damnit, Honour's already taken. Now I just have to figure which of the three devil-steeds is least likely to mangle my limbs. Or need to be put down.
Hey, Antigones isn't a devil horse. It's not even a devil not-horse!

Sentience: 8
Violence: 0
Stamina: 3
Prancing: 5
Minimum stat is 1.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2013, 06:40:56 pm »

Heh, and so it becomes a competition.

Equestrians: start preparing secondary characters.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2013, 06:48:23 pm »

Minimum stat is 1.
Changing stats.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2013, 08:11:27 pm »

Minimum stat is 1.
Changing stats.

See, GWG, I wanted Honour for the low sentience rating. Why would we choose a horse that does what we don't want?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2013, 08:12:08 pm »

Do other teams need creative, skittish horses?
Sig

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2013, 10:18:18 pm »

Mm, I'm loathe to give advice, because a. I come off as a know it all and b. I'm pretty much shooting myself in the foot, but:

More like the horse's performance relies very heavily on stamina- with your skill of two, half of your successes for 66-100% of the automatic actions will be miraculous. You'll be a lousy eater, lousy charger & lousy recoverer.

Further, by putting those points into intelligence, you're either A. Weakening your rider who has to spend more points in affinity just to keep you in line or B. Making your rider your bitch, which is also a horrible choice for evil teams with evil, violent horses. This mechanic is the bane of evil teams, but with good-tempered horses it's just weaksauce.
Badges of honor

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2013, 10:24:57 pm »

Indeed, after re-reading the description of sentience it doesn't do quite what I thought. Time to alter my stats!
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2013, 10:40:40 pm »

Suddenly, you seem like a valiant steed.

I WILL RIDE THEE INTO BATTLE, NOBLE FAUX-STALLION.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2013, 11:06:28 pm »

Mm, I'm loathe to give advice, because a. I come off as a know it all and b. I'm pretty much shooting myself in the foot, but:

More like the horse's performance relies very heavily on stamina- with your skill of two, half of your successes for 66-100% of the automatic actions will be miraculous. You'll be a lousy eater, lousy charger & lousy recoverer.
Hm. Stamina does seem pretty important...

Further, by putting those points into intelligence, you're either A. Weakening your rider who has to spend more points in affinity just to keep you in line or B. Making your rider your bitch, which is also a horrible choice for evil teams with evil, violent horses. This mechanic is the bane of evil teams, but with good-tempered horses it's just weaksauce.
Sentience has to have some benefit to the team, right?
Sig

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2013, 11:22:28 pm »

Hm. Stamina does seem pretty important...

Sentience has to have some benefit to the team, right?

Sure. If you want to do something other than what the Knight tells you to, it lets you do that. That's about it.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2013, 11:25:34 pm »

...which brings me to another question I've been having.

Why is the horse even a separate player?
Sig
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22