Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22

Author Topic: Medieval Jousting Heroes - Stage 1 - Nantes - Day 1  (Read 27507 times)

Slothman400

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Medieval Jousting Heroes - Stage 1 - Two more slots available
« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2013, 07:44:34 pm »

Is this going to be close enough to real jousting that when the opponent falls off, their armor weighs them down(making them unable to get up)? Because I want to cripple my fallen enemies with the hooves of my demon-horse, even if they magically heal before their next joust.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2013, 07:47:09 pm »

I think you get disqualified from the joust if you do that.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2013, 08:13:54 pm »

Jousts will continue until a knight is unable to fight (e.g. dead, unconscious or limbless) or they yield like a sissy.  If a knight is knocked off his horse and he is still able to fight, it kind of becomes a free-for-all where the squire needs to rush in to get him up, like slothman says, and the horse can fight or defend or do something else.

Legal attacks are; knights can attack anyone, steeds can attack anyone, squires can only attack squires.  Anyone can attack NPCs.  Pretty much the only way to be disqualified from a joust is for a squire to attack a knight or his steed directly.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2013, 08:17:26 pm »

Oh my.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Slothman400

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2013, 08:20:12 pm »

Also, the description for Lancery says it covers other types of combat. Does that mean the knights have sidearms(maces, long-swords, knives)?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2013, 08:20:56 pm »

Ahaha. Excellent. Hm...I wonder if Bearington could disguise himself as a horse...after all, if his Bluff is high enough to fake being a human, it should be pretty easy to pretend to be a horse.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2013, 08:29:47 pm »

I'm starting to worry about my low fight stat... Sir Norton... please don't ever fall off your horse!

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2013, 08:33:24 pm »

Use your eloquence lad! You'll find a way!
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2013, 08:34:51 pm »

Also, the description for Lancery says it covers other types of combat. Does that mean the knights have sidearms(maces, long-swords, knives)?

If a lance breaks, the squire must dash in with another or another weapon.

Squire Ursus could not pass for a horse, but if that team's steed was somehow down, I see no problem with the knight riding the squire.

Right, we have four fame fated teams, and one remaining horse, the legendary Bucephalus.  Cheesecake, if you want to go ahead and make a team (name and standard) we'll let Bucephalus joust alone and perhaps he can recruit a knight and squire as he progresses.  He'll need to make a Sentience roll for all actions like putting on armour and picking up lances in his mouth.  So it might not go so well.  If he dies we'll burn him on a massive funeral pyre like Alexander.  OK?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 08:52:48 pm by hermes »
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2013, 09:03:17 pm »

Looks like the battle plan for Team Braggadocio is as follows:

Pre-Joust: Stone Cold Sir Samuel and his Noble Steed woo the ladies with their awesome prowess. Squire Ursus eats the other team's squire.
Joust: Ursus roars at the crowd, Stone Cold blocks all the blows with his shield, Anselm takes care of the tactics and maneuvering.
Post-Joust: Stone Cold and Anselm strut around the arena. In lieu of medicine, Ursus shares reheated squire leftovers with the team.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2013, 09:06:27 pm »

Our tactics:

Pre-Joust: Warm up so I don't throw my hip or something. Let the delicious hearty young boy-toy squire dress me in my finest shiny garments. The horse shall discuss metaphysics with itself.
Joust: Run away until the other team's horse gets tired, then engage in a debate about metaphysics.
Post-Joust: Debate more metaphysics while my squire feeds us all grapes.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2013, 09:30:24 pm »

Looks like the battle plan for Team Braggadocio is as follows:

Pre-Joust: Stone Cold Sir Samuel and his Noble Steed woo the ladies with their awesome prowess. Squire Ursus eats the other team's squire.
Joust: Ursus roars at the crowd, Stone Cold blocks all the blows with his shield, Anselm takes care of the tactics and maneuvering.
Post-Joust: Stone Cold and Anselm strut around the arena. In lieu of medicine, Ursus shares reheated squire leftovers with the team.
This is as good a plan as any a terrible plan, but too hilarious to pass up.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Slothman400

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2013, 10:04:02 pm »

Well everyone else is making a strategy:

Pre-Joust: Try to intimidate and/or poison the opposing team.
Joust: Stab the opponent's horse in the face. If I get unhorsed, I'll go at them with a great-sword. If they yield, we'll kick them and run them over we'll respectfully accept their surrender.
Post-Joust: Stomp on their bodies and flip the bird at their fans.

(I think my character has quickly changed from The Black Knight from Monty Python, to just a very unsportsmanlike knight.)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 10:31:37 pm by Slothman400 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2013, 10:39:02 pm »

Seems like an assume-the-best strategy...
Sig

Slothman400

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2013, 10:47:50 pm »

Well, I'm assuming everyone knows what The Black Knight is going to do if he isn't winning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhRUe-gz690
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22