Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: DwarfCorp [Kickstarter]  (Read 8254 times)

Dwarfcorp

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: DwarfCorp [Kickstarter]
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2013, 12:31:01 pm »

I'm definitely interested in any game of this genre and I hope this one turns nice.
The 3D terrain combined with 2D(?) pixeled chars doesn't strike me as right though.

I don't think I'll back this because I'm already waiting for Maia and Banished and Clockwork Empires, and what I've seen is not enough to assure me it will be completed. Best of luck though, as soon as there is a demo I'll give it some attention.

We are releasing a simple demo tonight at 8 PM EST USA.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2013, 01:30:58 pm »

I REALLY like the look of this. I hope you guys can finish it.

Altough I have to ask, what's the name of the song in the kickstarter video?

It is called "Dwarfcorp Waltz." I wrote it myself for the occasion. You can find more of my (free, Creative Commons) music here: https://soundcloud.com/bleakprospects

This really reminds me of castles 2: siege and conquest music very similar themes, nice tune though.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2013, 02:20:05 pm »

I'd like to back this game but i feel as though i backed too many kickstarter projects recently and my wallet is starting to give me the stink eye.
i'd reconsider it once i try the demo

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2013, 03:21:22 pm »

That game looks and sounds good.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2013, 04:09:59 pm »

I had a bunch of warning flags and alarms go off in my head when watching the video and reading the pitch, but I backed it anyway. Tonight I will try the demo and will decide to keep my pledge or remove it. Who knows, I may even increase it.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2013, 04:41:09 pm »

One good thing I have to say about this game is that the game seems to have fairly reasonable stretch goals compared to many(most) other game projects on Kickstarter.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2013, 06:49:54 am »

Sounds good, and I love the visual style. I want this to succeed sufficiently that it's worth throwing a few bucks at. (also PTW)

Dwarfcorp

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2013, 09:24:48 am »

Btw, our Pre-Alpha prototype is up. It's quite buggy and the system requirements are pretty extreme, but we have something:

http://www.dwarfcorp.com/site/2013/07/28/update-3-pre-alpha-prototype/

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2013, 01:09:34 pm »

Yeah i saw that having dwarf randomly stop doing anything, MASSIVE slowdown issue during selection hehe. But yeah i see it going somewhere.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Brons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2013, 02:32:41 pm »

I dont know about this kickstarter. It looks good but theyre basically saying they will be working on it when they have the time and are feeling like it. They want to get paid in advance for making a product that's clearly not high on their list of priorities. I mean, it's fine working on a product and asking money for it. But not in advance and especially not if it's a hobby. They should ask money for it when it's finished.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2013, 03:47:07 pm »

Always nice to see dev involvement with these things.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2013, 04:42:39 pm »

Watching with skeptical interest.

I've been avoiding "DF Clones" (Towns, Gnomoria, etc.) and have largely been smugly satisfied with my decision (all of them have been terrible so far, as indicated by the friend of mine who introduced me to DF).

So good luck to ye and I hope you fare well, even though I may not be a part of it.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2013, 05:41:58 pm »

PTW

So can we unironically call this game Dwarf Corptress then? :P

Also, I'd personally call it Dwarf Dungeon Corptress
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2013, 11:58:24 pm »

So, I've been looking into these guys' previous work, and I have to say I'm unimpressed. Get Pumped seems to crash whatever I do,  Hydraman has really bad collision detection (hitboxes) and I'm not even sure Redux exists. Their link to it is a video, and even though they claim to have won a Micro$oft Imagice Cup 2012, there is no mention of them in the press release.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2013, 12:37:44 am »

I have cancelled my pledge for the reasons listed already as well as my experience with the pre-alpha. This is a cash grab and it honestly doesn't feel like they have the best intentions. I'm sorry to have this opinion when the dev was kind enough to stop by. I wish them the best of luck and I would be happy to buy it if they make it and it turns out well, but I have little hope at this point.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 07:08:20 am by hemmingjay »
Only a simple mind can be certain.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8