Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Magical Mysteries Await in a World of Ill-Defined Proportions Ch. I: Awakening  (Read 2846 times)

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Keep our distance from the strange engraving. If it begins breaking or degrading run toward the camp, preferably while shouting about the horror we just set freethat just broke free after 1000 years of imprisonment.
FTFY.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

HMMM. Deface the defacings aka fix it. Then watch it, and see if the first time we're forced to not observe it, the degradations reappear. If so, we'll all come up with suggestions to find whatever's doing that and beat it up for ruining our ruining of it's ruining of thing preventing ruining.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You conjure up a small light as the darkness thickens. Using your Alchemist's Toolkit again, you whip up a powerful solvent that dissolves the paint-like stuff on the wall in a jiff.

You hope nobody touches the wall in the next twenty minutes, because it's kinda flesh-dissolving now.

A few minutes pass and nothing happens. You wait quietly in the dark, with only your small light spell to illuminate the crypt. Sadly, the wall fails to reveal what painted those runes on it.

Wait. Runes? Maybe you should have written them down somewhere before erasing them. Before you can ponder on the matter, you feel a faint wave of heat emanate from somewhere to your left. The spear, lying forgotten on the floor next to you, shows lines of red light tracing their way along its broad, leaf-shaped head. Simultaneously, the temperature around you drops by what feels like twenty degrees. Your light spell flickers. Faint whispers echo down the tomb's halls.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Keep our distance from the strange engraving. If it begins breaking or degrading run toward the camp, preferably while shouting about the horror we just set freethat just broke free after 1000 years of imprisonment.
FTFY.
now would be a good time for this.

also, use our photographic memory (ie, the ability to look back to last update) to recall and translate the runes :P
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile

FTFY.
now would be a good time for this.

also, use our photographic memory (ie, the ability to look back to last update) to recall and translate the runes :P

+1 But remember to grab spear before running

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Re-add the runes! Not with bare hands, though.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out

Cowards!

GRAB SPEAR AND PREPARE FOR GLORY!
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cowards!

GRAB SPEAR, PROSTATE OURSELF AND PREPARE FOR ETERNAL SERFDOM!... Or Torment...

fix`d. Much better now. Whats the worst that could happen? Besides said evil aquiring a smoking hot new body.. hm...  ??? still sticking with the prostating part.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You repaint the runes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You grab the spear and haul ass out of there.

Running along the dusty halls, the whispering gets louder and the air gets colder; the spear begins humming with energy, piercing lines of white light emblazoned along its head. Finally reaching the exit of the tomb, you burst out through the ancient doors and sprint into the forest. The whispering drops off and the air is the natural cool temperature of the misty forest on an early autumn night.

By the time you reach your campsite, the spear has cooled down and stopped with its mystical shenanigans.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Congratulate ourself on a job well done.
Not everybody gets to awake some ancient evil, and gets away with it. Well, for now that is.

Check the Campsite for unsavoury inhabitants and take a well-deserved nap.
Who knows what crawled in here while we were out to pilfer through old bones? What if spiders got into the tent?! The Horror! Rats would be ok thou...
Sleeping is optional if we digg that "sleep through the day" thingy.

In the unlikely case that our last adventure made us paranoid, we might want to remember any runes of warding that we might know.
Yeah, it is only a distinct possibility, but I might as well list it. What part being distinct? Well, we worrying about our personal safety. For all we know, that ancient evil is grateful towards us, netting us some kind of extraplanar uncle figure.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out

Aw. Great, now a 'normal' story's going to unfold. Good going guys.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

'Normal'? On B12? :P Please. Have a bit of faith in my ability to spin a yarn.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Yeah, right...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile

I suggest we should commit suicide, in order to search the underworld for the heroes that defeated the beast or information on how to do it. Then, we use our necromantic knowledge and some nice artifacts to bring us back to life.

The perfect plan!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4