Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Magical Mysteries Await in a World of Ill-Defined Proportions Ch. I: Awakening  (Read 2853 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Spear. It's the biggest and thus most impressive for our collection, and on the off chance that we ever had to use it, would keep us the furthest from pointy objects.
...Bow?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile

Spear. It's the biggest and thus most impressive for our collection, and on the off chance that we ever had to use it, would keep us the furthest from pointy objects.
...Bow?
Arrows?
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...Bow?
Arrows?
Precisely.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You take the spear. It looks like it would be most fitting for your collection, given how you're a necromancer/hobo. As you pick up the weapon, the others crumble to dust.

Because magic, you surmise.

Obviously, taking one of the weapons was a good idea, as it may lead to vast arcane p--

What was that?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

...Bow?
Oh, yeah. Bows tend to be worse at threatening/last resort melee combat, though, and I was still thinking primarily in terms of awesomeness.

Spears are cooler, after all. :I

Probably nothing. Well, nothing we can do anything about.

Deeper into the tomb!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

What was that?
Who knows, but it looked happy. Maybe it's friendly!

Spears are cooler, after all. :I
True that.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You continue down the inexplicably well-lit burial site. Bas reliefs of epic and improbable scenes from myths play out on the walls as you walk, leading up to a dead end. There aren't any side passages leading up to here, but along the wall in front of you are lines upon lines of text, written in archaic Revaric. Fortunately, your hobo-necromancer dad taught you well, and you can fumble your way through the translations.

Let those who walk these passages know of the sacrifices
Of the ritual and heroism to seal the Beast
Disturb not the instruments of vengeance

Under that is are two continuations, carved by a different hands. In fact, the last looks freshly painted, as opposed to carved.

Seriously, don't do it.

Idiot.

Whoops.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Oh, sure, put the warning after the cursed loot. Idiots.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile

Look at the weird demon thing in the background.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Add our own note:

How were we suppose
d to know  about th
at? You put the w8r
ning AFTER the weap
ons! P.S. You need
a bigger waU.
Sig

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile

Wonder about the origins of the tomb's illumination

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is bad. Try and remember what this tomb is for
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Man, what a bunch of jerks. Warning you to not pick up the weapons after you've already picked one up. You scrawl out a note of your own:

How were we suppose
d to know  about th
at? You put the w8r
ning AFTER the weap
ons! P.S. You need
a bigger waU.

You didn't have any paint or ink, so you just whipped something up out of your Alchemist's toolkit. You think the bright blue juxtaposes the differences in authors quite nicely.

You hope nobody licks the wall in the next twenty minutes, because it's kinda poisonous now.

No sense in worrying about that, you suppose. Turning to the bas reliefs, you investigate the weird demon thing in the background. Which... seems to have been defaced with the same red paint from the other wall within the time after you first passed it and before turned to look at it again. That's slightly unnerving.

This is a granite engraving. All craftsmanship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with red paint. On the item is an image of ?? and a magic ring. ?? is surrounded by the ring. The art relates to some historical bullshit you don't know anything about, sadly. Honestly, it looks a lot more like a seen out of a myth than a real story, but you know that ancient engravings in tombs never lie. Your papa was always very clear on that matter.

You pause for a moment to recall what you can about the tomb. The Taliad deemed the site a nonentity, striking it from public knowledge. In retrospect, you probably should have realized something was up before forging those papers to find out the crypt's location. It wasn't even guarded or anything!

...Is it your imagination, or is it getting darker in here?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 04:20:43 pm by Araph »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Locate and Light Torch
Sig

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile

Keep our distance from the strange engraving. If it begins breaking or degrading run toward the camp, preferably while shouting about the horror we just set free .
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4