Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Magical Mysteries Await in a World of Ill-Defined Proportions Ch. I: Awakening  (Read 2849 times)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've spent most of this summer doing work that makes my brain tired. Have a forum game. I have no idea what I'm doing.

You are this guy. Or are you a girl? Who knows!

You.

You know.

Why don't you tell us? While you're at it, what do you actually look like, where are you, and what are you doing?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

You're a girl. You look like that. What. You wanna say something about it?

You're a necromancer. Necromancer trainee. Necromancer heroine?

Alright you're a hobo necromancer apprentice digging through a crypt. Why? Because it's got bodies and that's sort of your thing, and it might have loot and that's definitely your thing.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright you're a hobo necromancer apprentice digging through a crypt. Why? Because it's got bodies and that's sort of your thing, and it might have loot and that's definitely your thing.
+1 so very much +1
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

You are a girl with long green hair, red eyes, and a white robe. You are a demonblooded sorceress who is trying to show that she can go beyond her evil nature despite said evil nature heavily influencing your actions. Hilarity ensues.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile

You are an ill disguised inquiry into Path to Power's fate.

Or

+1 so very much +1
this.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

+1 to this, I would say.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You're a chick, obviously. In fact, you're rather insulted anybody could be so unobservant as to mistake you for a boy. Alas.

You really dig the whole 'treasure-filled crypt' thing, which is why you're in this run-down tomb. It's a tad chilly in here, but you've got your necromancer robes to keep you warm. Maybe you'll be able to find some treasure now!

...Although you've only seen dust and stone so far.

((Sorry, GWG, I drew the picture right after Irony's response. :( ))

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Collect some dust. Possibly also stone if it can be pried loose. Delve deeper.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Review inventory. Do we have any hobo and/or necromancer related items, such as a bottle of cheap booze or some kind of anatomy textbook?

If items are scarce, pick up hobo staple weapon: rock. Should be a loose one around here, yes?

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You gather up some dust and a few small rocks and stow them in your robes, in a pocket next to your bottle of home-distilled whiskey, your elegantly carved shiv, your hobo's luck charm (it's a family heirloom), your Maginomicon (you always did like giving your spellbooks funny names, but you think that one could use some more work), your magic screwdriver, your forged papers of goodwill from the Taliad, your lockpicking equipment, your Derevin's On-The-Go Alchemist's ToolkitTM, your homemade flare gun, and a comb.

You like collecting things. You'll have to put those rocks with the others when you get back to your camp.

You head deeper into the crypt. Off to the sides are uniform archways, but you know that they just have a single generic sarcophagus behind them. You've checked some of the previous ones. In front of you is a stone table, holding a set of weapons. They look ancient, worn, and pitted with rust. You're amazed the bowstring is still holding.

They'd look nice in your collection of ancient weapons, you think, but you'd prefer to only carry one of them. You're already travelling with a lot of stuff.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Bow. If the string and the wood are still holding, it's probably the newest.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Throw a couple of rocks into each archway. Then pick up the hammer.

Sigtext

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Throw a couple of rocks into each archway, then approach the weapons. Examine them carefully - which of them looks the least crappy?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Spear. It's the biggest and thus most impressive for our collection, and on the off chance that we ever had to use it, would keep us the furthest from pointy objects.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Spear. It's the biggest and thus most impressive for our collection, and on the off chance that we ever had to use it, would keep us the furthest from pointy objects.
+1
Besides, it's the most like a staff. Mages and hobos need staves.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe
Pages: [1] 2 3 4