Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: Ancient Shores- Hatman's D&D  (Read 14545 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D Interest Check
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2013, 09:41:36 pm »

Also you said max health. But you also said level one at the same time. If we start at level three, will we be taking max health for every level or or will we take average? Or I guess roll. (But seriously who actually rolls for health these days?)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2013, 11:16:41 pm »

Any restrictions on alignment or special settings stuff we should know?

EDIT: Also, how will flaws be handled?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 11:50:04 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2013, 12:59:27 am »

My char isn't terribly tanky either-was going barb/ranger sneaky stalker-though I sense I should change that.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2013, 01:23:46 am »

I have another question. If I start with LA one. Should my starting wealth by based on my CL or ECL? So 900gp or 2700gp? Additionally, can I use LA buy off later on in the game if it gets that far?

At any rate. Here is my work in progress sheet. Since I am going to bed.

Oh man. I notice that it keeps cutting out my guys full name. It's Thotham "LongStride" Kolae-Gileana. Not just Thotham. Not sure why it is deleting that.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2013, 09:41:49 am »

STR 13, DEX 17, CON 14, INT 16, WIS 15, CHA 11

Stats for my char, though these aren't the stats the numbers will actually be assigned to- I just like the numbers.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2013, 09:42:53 am »

I'd like a definitive answer on level. 1 and 3 have been bandied around a lot. I'm pretty sure it's 3, but don't want to have to de-level a 3rd level character.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2013, 09:45:06 am »

I'd like a definitive answer on level. 1 and 3 have been bandied around a lot. I'm pretty sure it's 3, but don't want to have to de-level a 3rd level character.
So would I, but the question has asked a number of times since Remuthra was last online, and if you check his personal text...
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2013, 09:51:46 am »

Ah.

...That explains stuff.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2013, 09:59:17 am »

Well, I might correct something- my fighter might actually be a tank. Especially if we're using max HP.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2013, 10:00:42 am »

If we only had one more level to work with... Alas...
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2013, 10:14:25 am »

STR 13, DEX 17, CON 14, INT 16, WIS 15, CHA 11

We are using point buy, not rolling. So... I guess you used up all your luck for the game on something we won't even be using. But don't despair too much, since the amount of points we were given is described as above "high powered campaign" We're basically demigods*. Still, you are nine points over 36 points we were given. So adjustment is needed.

*Not technically true. Since in D&D calling someone a demigod actually means something. Still, on the bell curve of the world we are far and away on the side of 'stronger'.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2013, 04:54:42 pm »

We're making sheets already? I haven't played DnD, so maybe I should play a barbarian? What do you recommend for a newcomer?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2013, 05:14:07 pm »

Newcomers get to be whatever the party needs.

Which in this case, is a rogue, really. In a way, arcane casting is covered by the warlock, and Crusader's strike plus Martial Spirit function as effective healing at this level, though a cleric and a wizard would certainly not be remiss, but mostly we need a skill-monkey.

Speaking of which, I will have to ask for some homerules about stances, Remuthra, as there are some (Immortal Fortitude, actually, in particular), which is a Devoted Spirit stance, that cannot be obtained by a single-classed Crusader(or single classed anything else, for that matter). So, can I retrain a stance known at some levels? What levels would be up to you, it's just silly that stuff like that happens.

Edit: Don't worry though, rogues aren't difficult to play, most of the time.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 05:17:53 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2013, 05:27:18 pm »

Newcomers get to be whatever the party needs.

That's a pretty harsh stance to take. And totally not true.

I mean. The GM will not be back for a few days apparently? I think we got plenty of time to make some good characters, and then Remuthra can pick the best one. The party is not set at all yet. As far as I am aware this is not first come first serve.

Don't feel pressured to try to make a character 'for' the party Cheesecake. Make a character that you want to play. If you can't decide on a class, you can make the backstory first and then you can get a class afterwards, hell, sometimes that is a good idea to do anyway. For instance, I decided I wanted a religious Goliath, that was my starting point. Not that I wanted to play a melee focused cleric because that would fit into 'the party' or what not.

As for complexity of play... Well. People say things like "Melee guys are easier and casters are harder!" And there is some truth to that. But to be honest, we are level three or level one. Unless you go into super try hard mode, whatever you end up making shouldn't be that hard to play. This is even more true since the format that we are playing in is fairly close to play by post. You won't need to memorize anything, any rules and such can be looked up as you need them.

And I would certainly be willing to help you, or any new players, with any issues if you want.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 05:29:50 pm by Criptfeind »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2013, 05:38:05 pm »

Stats: STR 14, DEX 16, CON 14, INT 14, WIS 12, CHA 12

Via point buy this time.

And yeah, make what you want. We'll hash out a good party, and even if we're missing a 'job', per say, it'll just make it more fun to work around it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17