Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: Ancient Shores- Hatman's D&D  (Read 14505 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Ancient Shores- Hatman's D&D
« Reply #225 on: August 02, 2013, 02:46:28 pm »

Okay, I'm a little new to Play by Post. When I respond to your PM, should it be to everyone or just right back at you?
Just me. Whenever you do something, I will reiterate it to everyone else.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 02, 2013, 02:55:16 pm »

And just saying BFEL, you got two out of three. Just saying.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 02, 2013, 03:00:19 pm »

Yep. The third wasn't explicitly marked, because it wasn't something you would have already known of.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 02, 2013, 03:53:01 pm »

Surprised the crap out of me when I looked up and had 6 messages. :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 02, 2013, 03:57:14 pm »

It's like transplanting a forum thread to PM. expect many pages of messages :P.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 02, 2013, 05:27:27 pm »

Lol, I will, just kinda got worried that I had missed something important. I was like O.o SIX? OH GOD HAVE THEY SENT ME FIVE MESSAGES REQUESTING A REPLY??? SHOCK AND DISMAY!

Also, since this is pretty much all OOC now, anyone wanna hear my D&D campaign ideas?....Anyone?....No?....  :'(
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 06:59:13 am by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 03, 2013, 06:45:38 pm »

er BUMP

Indeed, I do this.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 03, 2013, 06:48:43 pm »

It's the weekend. Sometimes people don't have time to respond on the weekend for whatever reason.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 03, 2013, 06:49:55 pm »

Lol, I will, just kinda got worried that I had missed something important. I was like O.o SIX? OH GOD HAVE THEY SENT ME FIVE MESSAGES REQUESTING A REPLY??? SHOCK AND DISMAY!

Also, since this is pretty much all OOC now, anyone wanna hear my D&D campaign ideas?....Anyone?....No?....  :'(
Sure.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 03, 2013, 10:39:02 pm »

Hurray!

Well anyway, I decided to shape the lore more or less from scratch. I'll probably be keeping the normal deities (with some adjustments where necessary) plus one (although the new one is already dead....so yeah :P)

But anyway, first off I wanted to test a change to the normal magic system (as vancian style magic makes me nauseous) Specifically, I will be making all magic other then warlock invocations have three "tiers" with the middle one being the normal vancian version.

The lesser tier will be "cantrips" which exist solely to remedy the retarded situation of mages running out of magic.
It works similar to warlock invocations (which is why the warlocks got ignored by this) in that it counts as a spell-like ability, and can be used limitlessly as a standard action. To counter this, they are very weak. Specifically they are at least halved in power/duration/whatever the primary effect is. Possibly 1/3 if that's still to powerful.

The greater tier are "ritual" versions of spells. Basically these are the "create an entire skeleton army, plunge a city into darkness" kind of thing. So they are really powerful and really expensive. These are usually reserved as a plot device, but I figure anything an NPC could do, the players should be able to as well.

Anyway, ON TO THE ACTUAL SETTING.
One thing I wanted to do was make the world really, really old. As in, this setting is a few BILLION years old. Expect some really powerful dragons, liches, and vampires.

Then I focused on the races, and I came up with some interesting twists on the traditional lore.

Humans: Humans are the newest race on the world. Not because they evolved later then elves, dwarves and orcs, but because they literally popped into existence as a full civilization around 4000 years ago. They don't know why this happened and neither does anyone else, with the sole exception of "The Source" A deity-like being that popped into existence simultaneously. And then promptly died in what the other gods have dubbed "The Kobold Incident" This also claimed the life of Lolth, which has altered the Drow civilization immensely.
So after popping into existence with a fortified city and severe retrograde amnesia, humans decided to try and get used to their surroundings a bit, bringing them in contact with the Elves. This flipped the elves out quite a bit, as the elves were the dominant race up to this point, when suddenly a totally alien civilization literally materialized in the middle of their territory.
Relations were further strained when the elven paladins sent to check this out realized that humans, unlike every other being in the universe, HAD NO ALIGNMENT. At least not in the sense they were used to, while there were some "good" humans and some "bad" humans, they didn't create readable, or as was later found out, affectable Alignment. They then consulted with their gods....who ALSO had no idea what a human was, and basically this caused an enormous panic, leading into the Long War. This war was fought between elves, their dwarven allies, and humans.

And I need to get to bed :P
Finish storytime later XD

Indeed, I do this.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 03, 2013, 10:43:23 pm »

in what the other gods have dubbed "The Kobold Incident" This also claimed the life of Lolth
Lolth died as part of the Kobold Incident? You have no idea how happy this makes me.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 04, 2013, 12:12:18 am »

in what the other gods have dubbed "The Kobold Incident" This also claimed the life of Lolth
Lolth died as part of the Kobold Incident? You have no idea how happy this makes me.

Ummm....might I ask why? :P

Indeed, I do this.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 04, 2013, 01:06:24 am »

I hate Lolth (and to a lesser extent, Drow) and love Kobolds.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 04, 2013, 01:13:18 am »

I hate Lolth (and to a lesser extent, Drow) and love Kobolds.
Ah, well if your wondering what "The Kobold Incident" is then its this: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Pun-Pun_%283.5e_Optimized_Character_Build%29

Indeed, I do this.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 05, 2013, 08:03:07 pm »

Hurray I'm back from camping! Sort-of. For the rest of today and most of tomorrow, I won't be able to be on much, though. I can try, though!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17