Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Author Topic: Ancient Shores- Hatman's D&D  (Read 14521 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ancient Shores- Hatman's D&D
« Reply #135 on: July 29, 2013, 10:17:16 am »

Well, that's just. Like. A issue with my ability to know names. Very bad at recalling people who I don't know very well. Anyway if it's just a yahoo issue, maybe you could try another email account?

I don't really know of any other site then mythweavers that does this, I seem to recall using one a few years ago, but I can't recall the name and google is not being helpful.

You could download a character sheet as a PDF and then ether use something like dropbox or just screen shots.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 29, 2013, 11:20:12 am »

I'm gonna have to rule of cool it, but I have to ask the ever-gracious DM for a rules change. Tower shields have, simply put, too many penalties. No shield bash, no blocking spells while using it for total cover, and -2 to all attacks while using it. Could we change it so that each f these is listened, if not negated? Spell blocking should be on a spell by spell basis, and really all spells should be handled in a way that makes sense. So while Disintegrate will still fuck me over, whether I'm using the Aegis or no, Burning Hands isn't all that likely to affect anyone in full plate armor, let alone a person hiding behind a tower shield. The -2 is seriously a bit much, as it means I'm basically using combat expertise, constantly, at -2, but it doesn't apply to touch attacks. Which is dumb. Could it be -1? And finally, normal shield bashing I can understand, but with a tower shield, you have to put your whole body behind the blow if you're bashing. So, can it deal damage as a heavy shield one size category larger? Perhaps only on a charge, or it takes an additional penalty to hit, or something? The shield bashing is mostly for rule of cool, so my Minotaur's Charge can pick people up and slam them into walls with my shield.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 29, 2013, 11:38:10 am »

I am pretty sure that you have yet to put in a character sheet at least, although I might have missed it.

Part of the reason I'm considering getting out of this, put it in TWICE, no one seems to notice it.
Granted its not from mythweavers and it doesn't look like a sheet, due to the way they handle registration, but all the info is there (I need to bring it to lvl 3, and I don't know how much gold I should have, but other then that its basically done.)

Dude, if you're complaining about how I didn't add it to my list of snarktastic characters yet, it's because the thing takes up half a spoiler-ed page. It's big and ugly and unformatted. But now for you, I'll go ahead and link it. After I you know...backspace some? lol

And it doesn't even matter, because I put it together for the Gm's ease. I'm sure he sees it, so who else really needs to notice it? O_o

Also, I can't believe you can't get a mythweavers sheet. I signed up using yahoo ages ago...

Oh wow, thanks man! I had no idea that you put it together for the Hatmaster, I guess I assumed everybody saw the huge spoiler thing and went BLEH.

Yeah it sucks, when I tried to register it said something about how they had problems with spam. So naturally they said "oh hey, this/these spammer(s) is/are using yahoomail! LETS JUST FORBID YAHOOMAIL!"
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 29, 2013, 11:45:41 am »

Maybe try with a different email?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 29, 2013, 11:48:22 am »

I'm not sure on the shield bashing, mostly because I fail to see how bashing with a shield almost as large as oneself would work. I'll think about setting up a penalized shield bash. Rather than the tower shield, however, I'm looking at creating a similar, lighter shield to use.
Thus, I present the scutum. It is similar to the tower shield, but offers no bonus to armor. Instead, you may use the scutum to provide cover while moving at up to half speed. Turtling is a move action. With your piercing weapon, you may attack while turtled in this manner at a -2 to hit with a one-hander, or you may perform a standard attack while not turtling. Two-handers may be used at a -3 to hit while not turtling due to the shield's heaviness, and cannot be used while turtling. You may not shield bash with the scutum. If you make a bull rush while turtled and succeed by three or more, you deal damage equal to a shield bash of the shield's size. This ends the turtling. If you succeed by at least five, you may maintain the turtling.

I've always wanted to make the Roman turtle work, so there you go.

I am pretty sure that you have yet to put in a character sheet at least, although I might have missed it.

Part of the reason I'm considering getting out of this, put it in TWICE, no one seems to notice it.
Granted its not from mythweavers and it doesn't look like a sheet, due to the way they handle registration, but all the info is there (I need to bring it to lvl 3, and I don't know how much gold I should have, but other then that its basically done.)

Dude, if you're complaining about how I didn't add it to my list of snarktastic characters yet, it's because the thing takes up half a spoiler-ed page. It's big and ugly and unformatted. But now for you, I'll go ahead and link it. After I you know...backspace some? lol

And it doesn't even matter, because I put it together for the Gm's ease. I'm sure he sees it, so who else really needs to notice it? O_o

Also, I can't believe you can't get a mythweavers sheet. I signed up using yahoo ages ago...

Oh wow, thanks man! I had no idea that you put it together for the Hatmaster, I guess I assumed everybody saw the huge spoiler thing and went BLEH.

Yeah it sucks, when I tried to register it said something about how they had problems with spam. So naturally they said "oh hey, this/these spammer(s) is/are using yahoomail! LETS JUST FORBID YAHOOMAIL!"

Why not try Gmail?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 29, 2013, 12:03:25 pm »

What kind of cover? I don't like that there's no bonus to armor, but...

Oh yeah, I almost forgot one more change I wanted to make to the Tower Shield, which should be considered. Rather than providing total cover, it would provide nine-tenths cover. There'll still be some body parts that can be seen, feet and some such, but even those will be armored.

I like the scutum, I do, I just don't like that it would never provide any armor bonus, especially since it's still as heavy as a tower shield.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 29, 2013, 12:32:17 pm »

What kind of cover? I don't like that there's no bonus to armor, but...

Oh yeah, I almost forgot one more change I wanted to make to the Tower Shield, which should be considered. Rather than providing total cover, it would provide nine-tenths cover. There'll still be some body parts that can be seen, feet and some such, but even those will be armored.

I like the scutum, I do, I just don't like that it would never provide any armor bonus, especially since it's still as heavy as a tower shield.
Err, it does provide just as much armor as a tower shield normally does, only as a cover bonus instead of a shield bonus. All that means is that you can simultaneously use an animated shield or have the shield spell cast upon you.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 29, 2013, 07:24:36 pm »

Or use a shield cape.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 29, 2013, 08:01:40 pm »

Well I guess I could, but its just so inconvenient to have to make a whole new email I'm going to use precisely ONCE.
I guess I'm just bitching, but still it bugs me, I'll go make a new email I guess :(
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 29, 2013, 08:04:55 pm »

It'll save a lot of time in the long run, trust me.

I'm almost ready to start the campaign. Just waiting for enough complete apps and to finish some maps and city data.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 29, 2013, 08:12:58 pm »

Argh! I hate the fluff of spiked armor, but don't have a good other way to threaten adjacent squares. The Scutum looks nice, but I don't gain any benefit unless I'm turtling, which seriously slows me down, and I still take a penalty to hit. But I don't like the tower shield's mechanics, since I can't bash with it. I could go for Short Haft, but that eats up two feats, doesn't help Iron Guard's Glare, and I can't get Extra Granted Maneuver, which be all accounts I've seen is practically mandatory for a Crusader to have.

SAVE VS FRUSTRATION FAILED
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 29, 2013, 08:13:49 pm »

Mine should be updated now, though I need to buy equipment. (Standard sailor accoutrements and some minor magical trinkets, I think.)

Or use a shield cape.
Actually, you don't get the AC bonus from that unless you whirl it around with a hand.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 29, 2013, 08:20:03 pm »

Nope.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 29, 2013, 08:35:54 pm »

Argh! I hate the fluff of spiked armor, but don't have a good other way to threaten adjacent squares. The Scutum looks nice, but I don't gain any benefit unless I'm turtling, which seriously slows me down, and I still take a penalty to hit. But I don't like the tower shield's mechanics, since I can't bash with it. I could go for Short Haft, but that eats up two feats, doesn't help Iron Guard's Glare, and I can't get Extra Granted Maneuver, which be all accounts I've seen is practically mandatory for a Crusader to have.

SAVE VS FRUSTRATION FAILED
Shorten Grip? Spiked Gauntlet? Find some way to get a bite attack or other natural attack?

Mine should be updated now, though I need to buy equipment. (Standard sailor accoutrements and some minor magical trinkets, I think.)

Or use a shield cape.
Actually, you don't get the AC bonus from that unless you whirl it around with a hand.
Not the feat, the item. Gnome Battle Cloak, I think it is? Races of Stone, anyway. Also, there's a weighted cape in Cityscape that can be used as a weapon, for any problems with disarm or sunder you might face, and you might be able to make it out of the shadow silk or whatever it is from ToM.

Edit: Oh, wait, the cloak does need to be wielded. My bad.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 09:34:16 pm by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 29, 2013, 08:57:27 pm »

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17