Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: A peak at the future  (Read 3270 times)

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
Re: A peak at the future
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2013, 10:33:30 am »

I can totally see where this is going.

Bad puns incoming!

Vid_the_Impaler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2013, 10:49:56 am »

I wonder if now it'll take longer for trees to grow back.

KingBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2013, 11:20:29 am »

I hope so, imagine immediate tree growth. Adventurers being impaled by trees shooting up, dorfs being lauched into space by weird physics bugs. I bet Toady has taken this into account, but modders will push the system's limits for !SCIENCE!.
    e    e   e    U   U     
, , , . , , , , , , , ; , , , , , ; , , , , , 
. . . . . . . e U e   . . 0╬0 
###x##############
###x .  . ☼ ☼####£####
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2013, 11:27:56 am »

Adventurers being impaled by trees shooting up, dorfs being lauched into space by weird physics bugs

Hell yes.

DWARVEN SPACE PROGRAM 2: FUCK THE MINECARTS, WE'RE FLYING WITH TREES

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2013, 11:46:29 am »

Adventurers being impaled by trees shooting up, dorfs being lauched into space by weird physics bugs

Hell yes.

DWARVEN SPACE PROGRAM 2: FUCK THE MINECARTS, WE'RE FLYING WITH TREES

Oooooh yeaaaaah!

Is there a mod around that has Kerbals, by any chance? Say, a crash-landed rocket, and the hardy little buggers decided to try living in DF world? DF is harsh, but Kerbals can survive flaming explosions of nuclear death with a smile.

Well, Jeb smiles. The others freak out.
Quote from: Meph
I didn't actually say this.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Any new discovery, sufficiently weaponize, is indistinguishable from !!FUN!!

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2013, 02:20:56 pm »

Not that I know of. Dwarven Science will forever be revolutionized by this release, clearly  :)
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

Gargomaxthalus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2013, 07:42:20 pm »

Oooooooo geysers of a normal variety could be fun, burrow a Dwarf on one.......
Well lets see... at least half of what I say is complete bullshit. Hell the other half tends to be pretty sketchy...

OOOOHHHH,JUST SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AND MAYBE I'LL GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

javascript:void(0)
javascript:void(0)

InfinityOrNone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2013, 10:17:14 pm »

What I really want to see is the implementation of an actual space for us to travel to, with simulated gravity and an actual moon. Or 3.

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2013, 10:37:19 pm »

What I really want to see is the implementation of an actual space for us to travel to, with simulated gravity and an actual moon. Or 3.

Version .93.45 Changelog:
Procedurally generated moons now properly implemented; may be reached and colonized by dwarven impulse minecart rockets, with some finagling and some number crunching in an orbital calculator.
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2013, 11:27:50 am »

Not that I know of. Dwarven Science will forever be revolutionized by this release, clearly  :)

!!SCIENCE!! Would also be revolutionized. We just need to find a way to make growing trees shoot magma up in the air.
I could see it working if you shave the limbs off and use the 'piston' method.
Plan B would be to hollow out the center of a 3x3 tree and run a magma pipe over there.  When an attack comes: pressurize magma and watch it shoot out of the tree.

Solon64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2013, 09:39:59 pm »

This. This right here, to me, screams "Cave ins every three seconds." Bugs. Delicious, dwarf murdering bugs. Leaves freaking out and being treated like falling objects, braining passers-by. Heck, falling fruit will probably do that too. One tree provides enough charcoal for three years of smelting. Enemies eventually climbing trees and shooting your dwarves (bloody elves!).

This update is going to shatter the game. And I'm going to love every second of it.
PS: Seriously, you must have, like, super-getting-lost skills. You could go missing in a straight corridor and impale yourself on flat ground if I don't tell you where to go.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2013, 09:55:02 pm »

You are forgetting the CLEARLY obvious method to make trees "spray" magma.

Make the tree's leaves and fruits be composed of magma.

Toady is implementing new item spray/drop mechanics for trees, so that they drop leaves, fruits, and nuts.  Having them drop globs comprised of magma sounds perfectly feasible.

BoredVirulence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2013, 11:42:14 am »

I look forward to modding underground mushrooms to have fruits that are gems and ores. I might even make fruit that "boil" into wonderful gas syndromes of death.
That will be fun.

Randy Gnoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2013, 12:11:11 pm »

Some of us might be forgetting that trees in the next version will burn.  I think they might not be suitable containers for magma.  I hope they won't.  I hope that constructed materials in general will be more burnable in the next release, now that I've read about the forest fires.  It would be wonderful to see the invading dragon actually burn down all the little wooden cottages I have built outside, instead of just singing the grass and melting my warriors.  :)

But yarr:  crazy mist trees!  You could have giant fungi whose fruits boil into clouds of syndrome gas that turn entities into crazy fungus-beasts.  I want that.

KingBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2013, 12:41:27 pm »

I think most of us would be satisfied with just more unfortunate logging accidents (or chopping down elven tree towns.)
    e    e   e    U   U     
, , , . , , , , , , , ; , , , , , ; , , , , , 
. . . . . . . e U e   . . 0╬0 
###x##############
###x .  . ☼ ☼####£####
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pages: 1 [2] 3