Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: You are the Final Boss [Suggestion Game]  (Read 3918 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: You are the Final Boss [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2013, 06:50:19 am »

Quick question: Impire?

Some call it Dungeon Keeper -1. I tried to defend it, but there's no point, really.
Wikipedia article. (same universe as Majesty, though)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2013, 06:59:32 am »

I loved Majesty. Its on my desktop right now.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2013, 08:18:43 am »

I loved Majesty.
Did you also like Majesty 2? It's in that style.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2013, 08:38:10 am »

I loved Majesty.
Did you also like Majesty 2? It's in that style.
From what I've read it wasn't like the first game at all.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2013, 10:59:10 am »

so, flameboy, what happened to that garden of ours?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2013, 11:56:44 am »

((I discovered an old Pokemon Emerald. I was trying to hunt for a Ralts. Seriously, 1% chance to find one, and I don't know where else they appear  :'(. Working on the update now.))
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2013, 12:00:08 pm »

((I discovered an old Pokemon Emerald. I was trying to hunt for a Ralts. Seriously, 1% chance to find one, and I don't know where else they appear  :'(. Working on the update now.))

Emerald?
Damn, son, you should've played Platinum, since you get can 20% chance @ Route 209 (day and morning), 15% @ 208 and 10% @ 212 @ night.

In any case...

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2013, 12:04:52 pm »

You begin chipping out dorm for your loyal servants. After a few hours of work, you manage to clear enough space and summon beds from the Void. You then sit upon your throne to focus your powers. You tear the veil between the Void and the Material World. From it, you pull four imps, crowning one as a foreman. They are happy to accept your proposition, and begin to dig through the stone much faster than you could ever hope to. Soon, it is done, and you begin to scatter the spores of a little-known fungus useful for villains in underground lairs. A niche market, yes, but one you are thankful for.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2013, 12:10:26 pm »

Spawn more overlords
Get some weapons and/or armor for the 3 ordinary imps and send them to threaten the nearby village(s).
Alternatively, spawn more overlords imps.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2013, 04:01:14 pm »

Spawn more overlords
Get some weapons and/or armor for the 3 ordinary imps and send them to threaten the nearby village(s).

A big -1 from me. It is not the time to stirr up trouble. At the moment we have the boon of being not-yet detected, and being able to build up our forces.

Dig deeper and increase our capacy for occupancy and farming further. Send out one imp for exploration tough, we want to know if there is anything of interest in our general area. Some more imps should not hurt, but the conditions for "firing" a devil might be of interest for that matter.

We want to feed and extend our army, and this are the top priorities for that matter. We could also strike up a real buisness, as "robbing dirt poor peasants" surely wont hold much gold. And robbing anything besides these should be above our current might. Unless we send our Boss along, somewhat defeating the purpose of even having bought this stretch of land.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2013, 04:12:41 pm »

Spawn more overlords

A big -1 from me. It is not the time to stirr up trouble. At the moment we have the boon of being not-yet detected, and being able to build up our forces.

Dig deeper and increase our capacy for occupancy and farming further. Send out one imp for exploration tough, we want to know if there is anything of interest in our general area. Some more imps should not hurt, but the conditions for "firing" a devil might be of interest for that matter.

We want to feed and extend our army, and this are the top priorities for that matter. We could also strike up a real buisness, as "robbing dirt poor peasants" surely wont hold much gold. And robbing anything besides these should be above our current might. Unless we send our Boss along, somewhat defeating the purpose of even having bought this stretch of land.

Well, but what about the alternatively option? I never said that to send extra imps to battle, should we actually summon 'em.
I'm just a bit short-sighted (at least I'm not near-sighted. I'm far-sighed, but by the same token I'm not long-sighted.)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2013, 04:23:00 pm »

-1 DXZ; +1 Escaped Lurker

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2013, 04:28:49 pm »

Locate or create a map of the surrounding area. Staffing a dungeon is easier if we know what is best to stock it with and if we don't have to summon all of our employees.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2013, 04:50:06 pm »

Long Term Lazy Route: Create large chamber. Grant Imps immortality (but not invulnerability) and instruct them to construct a gigantic kingdom while we hibernate in the chamber. We'll finish it within a few turns and won't have to deal with the problems!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2013, 09:59:16 pm »

((Man those things are awesome))

Locate or create a map of the surrounding area. Staffing a dungeon is easier if we know what is best to stock it with and if we don't have to summon all of our employees.
+1 to GreatWyrmGold's plan, "Only when you know the lay of the land, can you maneuver and control" -Sun Tzu
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4