Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1612 1613 [1614] 1615 1616 ... 2349

Author Topic: Twilight Academy - School Thread - Orientation Day!  (Read 1247122 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight Academy - School Thread - Orientation Day!
« Reply #24195 on: September 13, 2013, 04:25:25 am »

((By Darnos therapy I meant have Darnos beat the shit out of her shell until she starts to die in order to make her try not to die in order to be with Selina. This may permanently drive her insane but something will happen.
On another note, when do you folks think Elf's going to initiate the crossover?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24196 on: September 13, 2013, 04:26:40 am »

((Yeah, she'd just accept that unless Selina expresses a desire to have her live. I doubt it will drive her insane since she's simulated it already :P))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #24197 on: September 13, 2013, 04:35:34 am »

((I forgot to mention that Selina's immobilized and watching this hypothetical scenario.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24198 on: September 13, 2013, 04:45:14 am »

((Already simulated that as well. Let's just say that Victoria has simulated quite a lot. Remember that time Victoria accidentally broke herself for a bit? If @RangerCado decided to have Selina access Victoria's mind to investigate, she would have seen the simulation, namely a hypothetical scenario where Selina orders Victoria to hunt down everyone she knows and loves and slowly torture them to death. This includes Nikki, Angel, Cyrielle, Yuri and Meme. And then get ordered to torture herself until it stops getting any more painful at which point she will be ordered to cease existing. And during the whole affair, enjoy it. The simulation indicated that she will comply if that impossible situation ever occurs.))

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24199 on: September 13, 2013, 06:43:23 am »

((oh god.))
~Then~
"Uh, okay."
Wendell lets go, and then stands there sorta awkwardly.
~Now~
Lyle continues to hold his sketchbook.
He's drawing someone.
Black lives matter.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24200 on: September 13, 2013, 08:16:17 am »

"I'm sorry... it wasn't..." Victoria did her best to smile, but she couldn't . Selina had done so much for her, putting up with her, being tolerant to her alarming habits... even letting her continue running self stress tests... yet she couldn't even smile for her... Victoria felt selfish and uncaring... she tried forcing her shell to smile, sending more of her essence into it, yet all it did was bring her pain... useless... completely worthless... what a pathetic abomination... can't even show her affection anymore... all of Selina's personalities, even Grey tried to help... and she wasn't going to do anything in return... she wanted to hurt herself... she wanted to die... but hurting herself would just upset Selina more... did she still want to die? Death would end her existence, soothe the pain, and end her worries. She didn't deserve it. But she didn't deserve the warmth of life either... so she shall remain with the latter option, if only because the former would hurt Selina... no... she had to speak... she can't just hurt Selina like that... "Selina..." Victoria sounded oh so sorrowful yet her voice has some sort of unyielding drive behind it, forcing her to speak... "I'm sorry for hating myself... but I can't do anything about it... please accept it... or change it... I don't want to hurt you... but I know this will... so please... just call me an abomination and be done with it... let me suffer... I swear it doesn't hurt as much as it would to a normal person... please... I just want you to be happy... and I can't even manage that... even when I'm willing to give up everything... I fail... I know I have no right to... how dare I fail you... I promise I'll still be happy... I swear that I'm still happy now, as much as even, even though it hurts... please accept me for who I am... please... please...please... please..." Victoria practically puppeteers her shell to tightly hug Selina, tearfully cuddling her whilst reciprocating her previous kiss.

((Well, in all fairness, I only said maybe :3 I never guaranteed it was true. I simply presented a seemingly obscure answer with a simple solution. To do so would devalue Victoria as a character. And by extension, Selina. The overt solution is correct and the thus the complex, morally ambiguous options are the only way out. To put it simply, the primary options for Selina are:
-Order Victoria to stop even though it means taking away some of her free will
-Live with it and allow Victoria's eternal torment to continue
-Kill and/or maim Victoria thus mitigating the issue at the cost of her quality of life
There will be no miracle. No deus ex machinima. Nothing will truly solve the problem, this unresolvable issue is the closest thing Victoria has to a soul.
Yes, I am aware that this seems overly depressing and what not, but only from a human point of view. Victoria's still perfectly fine by her own standards, she just has an unhealthy devotion to Selina.))

((First... SUCH TINY TEXT!!! Second... I'm rolling a D4 for this... 3... I hate dice, I really do...))

Selina starts to tear up. She didn't want to do this. She truly didn't want to! But Victoria was telling her, forcing her, she had to do something, she couldn't hope to do. She took Victoria's hand and led her back inside, and to the garden with the water fall. She took her behind the waterfall, a place not many people saw. She took her deep into the cave, to the very end where the ground was flat and free of tiny rocks, and lit by glowing moss. She let her stand in the center, Selina's eyes streaming tears. Her eyes turned Red, and Green, working together.

"None of us wanted this. None of us did." Not!Selina takes out a jagged knife, similar to the one that had made the scar on Selina. She slowly walked to wards her.

((...hjjjjjdghfhy...))
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 08:19:02 am by RangerCado »
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #24201 on: September 13, 2013, 08:21:34 am »

((This just in, RNG God hates dice. *gasp*))
Isaac gets out of the void by some manner and goes to his room, and does his homework
((School time. 'yay'))
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24202 on: September 13, 2013, 08:32:36 am »

((What did I miss?))
((Victoria has crazy armor.))

((I could try Darnos therapy, except I wouldn't put anyone through Darnos therapy except Darnos.))
((What about Xan?))

"<I couldn't. Trust me, I couldn't. You will always make me happy.>" She kissed her lightly on the lips.

Selina says this and sends it to everyone with a bracelet. SHE DIDN"T STUTTER! and her eyes are normal too!
"Aw...that's so sweet!"
((<And a bit over-done.>
<Nuriel, you're not in this game.>
<What? It's true. Victoria never realizes that Selina will always-->
<Nuriel...>))

Angel watches Selina and Victoria leave. So did Isaac.
"...This is no fun all alone."
Angel went back inside and decided to play with Meme and Cyrielle.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24203 on: September 13, 2013, 08:49:23 am »

((THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN Y-
er..
gruahdgagha I hate emotions ckhsizthozh
))
Lyle continues drawing someone.
Black lives matter.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24204 on: September 13, 2013, 09:40:58 am »

Meme giggles as she chases Angel's tail around happily.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #24205 on: September 13, 2013, 09:43:35 am »

Madeleine then marches off to her classroom to get ready for the first classes.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24206 on: September 13, 2013, 11:26:25 am »

Victoria isn't even able to stop her own tears... yet that was all irrelevant... potential directive violation detected... engaging Null subprocess...
[DEX:50+51] In a surprising burst of speed, Victoria accelerates forwards while unsheathing her knife, slashing at a meticulously calculated angle. It misses completely, there was no way it could have hit Selina. But that was the point. It was an aggressive downwards parry, aiming at the blade of the knife, rather than anything else. Yet strangely, her stance was odd... unlike the previous times where she had sparred with others, she had now adopted a low profile to minimize the chances of being hit as well as increasing the amount of time and the degree of freedom she had to evade attacks.
[DEX:87+52] She crouches, using her weight to try and help push the knife away but she abruptly moves the knife, shifting its position to be below Selina's dagger, she leans backwards slightly and ensures that her next action won't accidentally harm either of them.
[STR:91+31] Victoria kicks off the ground from crouching position, whatever force Selina may have used to try and counteract the initial downwards parry was now instead helping this disarmament attempt.
"Analysis indicates intent to engage hostilities against self, or me... both possibilities result in directive violations... hostilities against self directly violates directives to protect subject Selina Martin... hostilities against me violate directives due to deployment of edged trauma apparatus... chance to poison subject Selina Martin via blood is estimated to be unacceptably high..."
((I just realized that Selina has 21 STR, thus her highest possible roll is 121, Victoria rolled a 122. I''ll assume it's a success since it is invariably higher.))
As the dagger and throwing knife both fly uselessly out of their owner's grasps, Victoria weakly hugs Selina "Please don't... please don't... just please... tell me how I can make amends... I swear I'll do anything... just please... stop..." she then loses control. Completely. Tightly hugging Selina she emits a series of terrified sobs, entire thoughts leaking through the bracelet to Selina. She was no longer by Selina's side. She was no longer in her shell. At least, in her mind, she wasn't. There was nothing. No light, no sound, nothing. Just emptiness and a crushing feeling of loneliness. The joy, the love, the pain and the sorrow all faded away, leaving behind only nothingness. As it all faded, an unconscious thought flowed outwards <I promised you that I would always happy with you... and now I can't even keep that... please forgive me for my current delusion... please... I beg of you...> This was the reality that Victoria endured for a century. This was what drove her to absolute obedience. Anything was better than this. Anything at all... It becomes apparent now... She didn't mind being hurt for Selina... because in some sort of strange way, she enjoyed it... not in the same way Not!Selina would enjoy it... but because it still filled the emptiness... she would accept it because it was better than the void... Her abnormal skill at form consolidation was the result of this... the ability to stabilize non-existence into reality... the capability to trick reality into accepting hypothetical occurrences... it was one and the same... a manifestation of her idiosyncratic dislike towards the impossible vacuum... Her smile was not a facade... it was an insight into how regardless of what she experiences, it was better for her than the absence of experience... <maybe I should just stay here... until Selina tells me what I should do to fix this... ... ... ... ... ... ..but I don't think she will... I even stopped being happy... unforgivable...>
<...>
<...>
<...>
<...>
<...>
<...>
<...>
<...>
<...>
<...>
<...>
<...>
<...I, Victoria Nox, hereby condemn myself to this fate until the intercession of Selina Martin.>
">__<"
((Okay, Victoria isn't fine anymore. She's now simply 'sad' by her own standards.))
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 02:11:18 pm by Empiricist »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24207 on: September 13, 2013, 02:11:15 pm »

*drawing noises*
Black lives matter.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24208 on: September 13, 2013, 02:13:14 pm »

((Opinions and feedback please, is Victoria's melancholy becoming too melodramatic?))

Ricardo continues sipping his coffee.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24209 on: September 13, 2013, 02:14:19 pm »

((Um, not really melodramatic, but just a tad long.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 1612 1613 [1614] 1615 1616 ... 2349