Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 2349

Author Topic: Twilight Academy - School Thread - Orientation Day!  (Read 1243273 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight Academy - School Thread - Orientation Day!
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2013, 09:40:28 pm »

Kyle's glare moves to Jared.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2013, 09:44:32 pm »

She blinks, looking over at Jared. "... My, my, quite the gentleman you are."
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2013, 09:48:41 pm »

"...You were born like that? That must have been extremely uncomfortable for your mother. My sympathies to your species."
"... Are you really that much of an idiot, or are you especially moronic today?"
"Fucking facetiousness, how does it work?"
"As a replacement for humor when used by those with no grasp of it."
"Don't be silly, facetiousness is for not being serious! Hang on, I have a dictionary here somewhere..."
Alex starts digging through pockets attached in places pockets should not be, dislodging a collection of fleshy... things in oddly coloured solutions, inside containers ranging from the size of a pea to the size of two clenched fists.

"Alex, you are BESMIRCHING THE FAIR LADY. This is UNNACCEPTABLE."
"I'm what now?"
Alex checks if any of the containers broke on Vanessa.
"She looks clean to me?"
"I shall have to challenge you to face me in THE RING OF HONOR should this continue. And then the Colliseum. And THEN THE STADIUM. Break for lunch, then ON TO THE DEATHMATCH PIT!"
"The ring of honour? Is that like the loop of determination? I'm good at that, enhanced efficiency lets you run and dodge so much longer!
Oooh, oooh, they have a Colliseum here? And a deathmatch pit? SWEET! Do they have a tunnel system of improbable survival too? Oh, this school is going to be great, I knew it!"
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2013, 09:50:52 pm »

Joe notices the shouting and limps over.

Oi, what's going on here? What's all this shouting about wrestling?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2013, 09:51:22 pm »

Kyle walks over to Vanessa and gives her a sympathetic look.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2013, 09:56:29 pm »

Vanessa glances over at Kyle, tilting her head a little. "Yes?"
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2013, 09:57:25 pm »

"Alex, you are BESMIRCHING THE FAIR LADY. This is UNNACCEPTABLE." Jared says, still in the same tone of voice as a few minuites ago. And volume. "I shall have to challenge you to face me in THE RING OF HONOR should this continue. And then the Colliseum. And THEN THE STADIUM. Break for lunch, then ON TO THE DEATHMATCH PIT!"
Angel wonders if there's a class telling you which god(s) to pray to to avoid running into people like this guy.

She also wonders if the lecture or orientation or whatever is ever going to start.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2013, 09:59:11 pm »

"Hey, hey, you're a teacher, right? This guy just told me about the Colliseum and the Deathmatch Pit and the Ring of Honour whatever that is and I don't remember that from the brochure so maybe you have a Tunnel System of Improbable Survival too and I was wondering where they are, how big they are and if there are any limits on student access because I have a lot of testing to do and this school is so awesome! Also he said something about, um Vanessa? was that your name? getting besmirched but she looks clean to me, is this one of those magical things I can't see because I haven't been able to improve my eyes enough yet or something?"

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2013, 10:06:21 pm »

"It seems you misunderstand me! Very well!"

With a single leap, Jared bounded over so that he was in front of Alex. He took his head into his hands and stared deeply at him.

"Your words are causing distress in yonder female. The usage of words and the order and manner in which you speak is VAGUELY OFFENSIVE to those around you. By offering her 'improvements', you have implied that she is not at a socially acceptable level of beauty, WHICH SHE MOST CERTAINLY IS. If you continue in this manner without thought, I will PUNCH YOUR FACE OFF, REATTATCH IT, PUNCH IT OFF AGAIN, AND PUT IT BACK ON UPSIDE DOWN. You understand this?"
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2013, 10:07:34 pm »

"Hey, hey, you're a teacher, right? This guy just told me about the Colliseum and the Deathmatch Pit and the Ring of Honour whatever that is and I don't remember that from the brochure so maybe you have a Tunnel System of Improbable Survival too and I was wondering where they are, how big they are and if there are any limits on student access because I have a lot of testing to do and this school is so awesome! Also he said something about, um Vanessa? was that your name? getting besmirched but she looks clean to me, is this one of those magical things I can't see because I haven't been able to improve my eyes enough yet or something?"

Joe Bridger adjusts his sunglasses and peers closely at the situation.

Well, I don't see anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's some Gobblewadget on her. You have a UV stick around here, we can run some tests. Huh? Something about student access to the Colosseum? It should be past that dorm I'm storing the flesh eating termites in. Don't be out there past sundown, there's some nasty creatures that come out there at night. We'll cover those later in the year. I heard something 'bout testing though. What'cha testing, kid?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2013, 10:19:43 pm »

Kyle leans close to Vanessa and whispers,
"Is everyone here like...?"
He points to Joe, Jared, and Alex in turn.
"That?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2013, 10:20:11 pm »

Angel gets off the stool, grabs it and her bag, and locates someone who looks like s/he's in charge.

"When is this starting?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2013, 10:21:59 pm »

By offering her 'improvements', you have implied that she is not at a socially acceptable level of beauty, WHICH SHE MOST CERTAINLY IS. If you continue in this manner without thought, I will PUNCH YOUR FACE OFF, REATTATCH IT, PUNCH IT OFF AGAIN, AND PUT IT BACK ON UPSIDE DOWN. You understand this?"
"Huh? I didn't offer her improvements, I asked if she liked them! I don't like her enough to give them to her for free, you know! You have to be at, I don't know, super-extra-mega-liked before I do that! I mean, not even at cost? And what does beauty have to do with improvements? Are you saying I'm ugly? My face only attaches the one way, and if you try re-attaching it another way who knows what could happen! We could both implode or something! I think! I'm not really sure though... Anyway, you're strange, mister. I'm going to talk to this other guy now."

Well, I don't see anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's some Gobblewadget on her. You have a UV stick around here, we can run some tests. Huh? Something about student access to the Colosseum? It should be past that dorm I'm storing the flesh eating termites in. Don't be out there past sundown, there's some nasty creatures that come out there at night. We'll cover those later in the year. I heard something 'bout testing though. What'cha testing, kid?
"I've never heard of Gobblewadget before! Is that something we'll learn about in class? I test all kinds of stuff! Like those flesh-eating termites, those sound neat, want to test them against a Fortress Tortoise later? They might make some kind of living Tortoise hive, it'd be awesome! Are there restrictions on students using the Colosseum for testing? But even if there are, you can get around them 'cause you're not a student right? Oh, UV stick, I'm not sure, I think I got Packbit to carry mine and he's not here yet 'cause he's a bit slow sometimes..."
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 08:26:44 am by Harbingerjm »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2013, 10:31:32 pm »

By offering her 'improvements', you have implied that she is not at a socially acceptable level of beauty, WHICH SHE MOST CERTAINLY IS. If you continue in this manner without thought, I will PUNCH YOUR FACE OFF, REATTATCH IT, PUNCH IT OFF AGAIN, AND PUT IT BACK ON UPSIDE DOWN. You understand this?"
Huh? I didn't offer her improvements, I asked if she liked them! I don't like her enough to give them to her for free, you know! You have to be at, I don't know, super-extra-mega-liked before I do that! I mean, not even at cost? And what does beauty have to do with improvements? Are you saying I'm ugly? My face only attaches the one way, and if you try re-attaching it another way who knows what could happen! We could both implode or something! I think! I'm not really sure though... Anyway, you're strange, mister. I'm going to talk to this other guy now.

I've never heard of Gobblewadget before! Is that something we'll learn about in class? I test all kinds of stuff! Like those flesh-eating termites, those sound neat, want to test them against a Fortress Tortoise later? They might make some kind of living Tortoise hive, it'd be awesome! Are there restrictions on students using the Colosseum for testing? But even if there are, you can get around them 'cause you're not a student right? Oh, UV stick, I'm not sure, I think I got Packbit to carry mine and he's not here yet 'cause he's a bit slow sometimes...
Ah, good of you younguns to have such an interest in Biology! Gobblewadgets are these tiny crab creatures that are too small to see with the naked eye. If you touch them, they crawl onto your skin and suck your blood like a moskitos (Moss-kit-toss). Nasty things are a real pain, give you soul rot and these nasty pustules all over your face about a day later. They glow brightly in UV light, though. Always carry some equipment to test for Gobblewadgets. As for the termites, it think Fortress Tortoises typically have Garrison Ants to defend them, but if you removed the ants it might prove interesting. The Colosseum is used to test the larger experiments. Normally it's only available to juniors, but I can probably supervise an inquisitive student like you so you can get in.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2013, 10:54:48 pm »

There's a loud coughing sound from the platform below them, and the room goes silent.

Dead.

Silent.

Even if someone tries to talk, as if a massive Silence spell had been placed over the room. All at once, and it was so powerful that even the Sponsors, who seemed to be incredibly powerful in their own right, are stricken silent by that one, single cough.

Not a single word is uttered.

not even a single wisp of magic is felt.

"Greetings."

The blonde woman standing at the podium smiles, a wry, cocky smirk spreading across her features.

"I am Evangeline Greymarke. And welcome, once more, to Twilight Academy."

For the next two hours, the woman speaks, about the castle, about its history, and about just what, exactly, you would be learning here.

Each of you, she says, will be placed in a team with five other students and a Sponsor, a recently graduated Senior who has not yet been placed within the Dawnbreakers, who will help train, advise, and assist you on how things are run at the Academy, beyond what you will learn in Orientation.

She explains that each team will decide its own class schedule, but all team members must agree on a single schedule. The classes may be taken any time during the week, though some classes do have restrictions depending on time requirements. Also, you may only have a maximum of three classes a day.

You will find nearly any class you can imagine on the school's roster, though some do have prerequisites. You may ask your Sponsor about these classes at any time and they will provide you with that information, as there are too many classes to list here.

Dormitories are sorted by team, and then by gender, with care taken to ensure that no issues arise due to placement. Again, contact your sponsor with any complaints.

Missions will always be placed on the main board at the front of the school, and you will be able to accept any mission you have clearance for, beginning, right now, with Class-F missions, which are mostly training missions, small favors for the faculty, stuff like that. The ranks for missions rise from there to E,D,C,B,A,S,SS,and SSS ranks, each one growing progressively more difficult, and any missions above S normally restricted to full Dawnbreakers.

Food is served all day in the cafeteria, with nearly anything you can think of served pretty much all day. All but the basement floors of the castle are available to all students at any time, and the basements are able to be opened for training purposes as well.

There are several dojos, Colosseums, and other training arenas scattered throughout the building depending on taste and for convenience, as well as access to lesser monsters and such in the basement for training in combat when not on missions.

At this point, she opens up the floor for questions, waiting for someone to raise their hand.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 2349