Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 2349

Author Topic: Twilight Academy - School Thread - Orientation Day!  (Read 1245403 times)

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight Academy - School Thread - Orientation Day!
« Reply #3660 on: August 04, 2013, 01:34:37 am »

"It's better to see if any of can rather than not to know. Most likely none of us know."
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: August 04, 2013, 01:42:32 am »

Victoria discusses with the rest of Alpha squad. "Combat magic would be useful for Kate and Vornar, deception would be helpful for Soran and myself, Selina would benefit from some sort of creation magic plus Vornar would be as well if he intends to use his powers for that purpose. Healing would be useful for all of us really so that we don't have to rely on a single person... defense and strategy could be useful as well. Plus a few academic subjects would help for any career paths we may want to take in the future."

"Hey Surt, what's your ability?"
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 01:46:50 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: August 04, 2013, 01:47:23 am »

I'm happy with taking combat magic and creation magic, but what I'd really like is mind control magic and Theory of Magic.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: August 04, 2013, 01:55:14 am »

"Mind control sounds fine, it will definitely help people with that sort of capacity which quite a few of us may have. Theory of magic sounds like a good, general purpose subject and could probably give a few career opportunities."

"Okay, so, combat, deception, creation, mind control and theory as well as strategy and defense all sound fine to me. Unless someone wishes to object, that's seven slots filled."

"Okay, so, combat, deception, creation, mind control, healing and theory as well as strategy and defense all sound fine to me. Unless someone wishes to object, that's eight slots filled."

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: August 04, 2013, 01:55:49 am »

Surt looks at Victoria and sighs "Simply...Pyrokinetics, advanced Vulcamancy" he then goes back to drinking large amounts of lemonjuice
"Mind control sounds fine, it will definitely help people with that sort of capacity which quite a few of us may have. Theory of magic sounds like a good, general purpose subject and could probably give a few career opportunities."

"Okay, so, combat, deception, creation, mind control and theory as well as strategy and defense all sound fine to me. Unless someone wishes to object, that's seven slots filled."

"Okay, so, combat, deception, creation, mind control, healing and theory as well as strategy and defense all sound fine to me. Unless someone wishes to object, that's eight slots filled."
Surt looks up "Out of....?"
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: August 04, 2013, 01:58:11 am »

Oh, almost forgot, should take hand to hand combat as well. Never know when it might come in handy.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: August 04, 2013, 01:59:36 am »

"Okay, thanks. Well, you won't be a problem since combat and theory sound like they'd be useful to you. Creation as well if you can gain some fine control over the latter. Some sort of general magic control would be useful for all of us, so that's nine..."

"Melee would be quite useful, that's ten. Shall we pick some more combat classes or should we also get some more academic ones as well?"

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: August 04, 2013, 01:59:57 am »

((I am to sleep. Night.))
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: August 04, 2013, 02:00:36 am »

Academic probably.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: August 04, 2013, 02:03:10 am »

"That is probably under combat & defence, also for the other classes can one be the use of magical/exotic materials to craft various magical items?"
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 02:05:19 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: August 04, 2013, 02:08:10 am »

((Goodnight.))
"Maths and English are pretty much standard, we already have theory of magic which probably counts as academic as well. Are there any subjects someone wants to do? If we're doing maths and english, we'll still have 3 subjects left. Magical materials could be useful as well, that leaves two slots left unless anyone objects."

« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 02:17:51 am by Empiricist »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: August 04, 2013, 02:11:25 am »

"Sounds good..... WAIT! Countering spells, ALWAYS have to know how to counter spell!"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: August 04, 2013, 02:12:21 am »

"I think that might fit in defense or combat magic."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: August 04, 2013, 02:12:37 am »

((Goodnight.))
"Maths and English are pretty much standard, we already have theory of magic which probably counts as academic as well. Are there any subjects someone wants to do? If we're doing maths and english, we'll still have 3 subjects left. Magical materials could be useful as well, that leaves two slots left unless anyone objects."

Add in fleshcrafting and I'm happy.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: August 04, 2013, 02:16:56 am »

"Flesh-crafting sounds like it could be useful for you, Selina and Kate, that should work plus it might already be in healing. Come to think of it, a few of the topics we have might be under the same subjects..."

((We now have somewhere between nine and thirteen subjects.))
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 02:20:23 am by Empiricist »
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 2349