Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Frontier  (Read 7709 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Frontier
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2013, 10:53:38 pm »

Really? None of them?
Skills: Add the skills and bonuses mentioned in the OP and the ones you choose.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2013, 11:25:39 pm »

Waiting on more info before solidifying my character. Do not mistake my unfinished character for apathy.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 01:41:28 am »

PTW
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2013, 02:26:22 am »

I would want more info for skills before committing or not.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2013, 06:12:20 am »

Really? None of them?

By the ones you choose I meant choosing abilities where it says you can change it, like the Fae skills.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2013, 08:06:15 am »

Really? None of them?
By the ones you choose I meant choosing abilities where it says you can change it, like the Fae skills.
Ah.
A bit vague.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2013, 09:39:23 am »

Name: Nevaeh
Sex:no (or female)
Race: fae (cat)
Skills:  +1 to Divining with Animals, +1 sneaking, ability to Communicate with Wildlife
Appearance:about half the size of a normal human has the paws tail and ears of a cat.
Personality:acts very nice and friendly, but spends most of her time thinking about how to kill people.is very loyal to people she trusts, and has the innocence of a child.
backstory: will be done when op is updated
department:the redundant department of redundant departmentssurvival
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2013, 10:18:06 pm »

Okay, so these are the first characters:

Tav (Taricus) (Drow) (Construction)

Muliebris (Alexandria) (Fae) (Reclamation)

Derrod (swordsmith04) (Human) (Survival)

Peter (harbingerjm) (Fae) (Exploration)

The rest will be on the waitlist if someone drops out or someone is killed. I've chosen them by prioritizing that all the departments be filled.

Also, questions I may have not answered:

GrizzlyAdams: Are Dwarves still Stoneculi? Yes, but they prefer to be called dwarves, after an old miners myth. Stoneculi are basically stone golems but with a more fleshy appearance.

Swordsmith04: Tech Level: Yes, it is medieval low-magic. There are things like crossbows and potions, but no wands or sorcerers. "Magic" items or artifacts exist, but are very rare.

More info on skills:

Basically what I said before. For example, the human skillset: +1 to Divining, +1 to all diplomatic attempts with Humans, +1 to skill of choice.

You don't add new ones; you add the ones listed here to the character sheet, and you change the last one to whatever you want, in reason of course.

Ex: +1 to Divining, +1 to all diplomatic attempts with Humans, +1 to Sword Combat.

Sorry if it isn't displayed clearly in the OP. Game will start tomorrow (hopefully) if there are no more questions. In the meantime, I'll write the backstory for the game.

I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2013, 10:41:24 pm »

How is the waitlist order determined?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2013, 11:28:21 pm »

Basically I'll try to fill the spot with a player of the same department.
Dying of laughter?

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2013, 11:34:01 pm »

Well that rules the carbon copy of me from joining any time soon. ( I'll add the back story shortly been a little busy. )
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 11:36:16 pm by Alexandria »
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2013, 10:07:26 am »

Turn 1: A Whole New World

Your party and your carriage soon arrive at Bleakfallow, a large plains with plenty of wildlife like deer and bison. To the north are vast forests with pine and redwood, the Bleakwoods. To the East is a mountain, and when the Sun rises, it rests above the peak and watches over Bleakfallow. When Bleakfallow was under the Irongrasp's rule, many outposts were set up on the Sun Peak. Mining outposts, research labs, and such. To the West is a swamp, and old rumors tell of a mysterious cave in the heart. To the South, from where you came, is the Kingdom of Irongrasp, nearly a weeks travel.

To get things started, you must design the initial town. Each family requires shelter. Each family consists of four members, all of working age. One family requires one ration per week. Building materials for all Irongrasp blueprints, at the moment, require Lumber, Stone, Supply (work materials and tools, etc.). Other requirements will be listed if you design your own buildings. Lumber may be accumulated by taking wood to a Lumber Mill. Stone can be obtained from a Quarry, as can other minerals. However, Quarry's take a long time to construct. Fortunately, there are abandoned Quarry's on the Sun Peak. Supply can be created from Workshops, or requisitioned from the Frontier by request.

Buildings:
Caravan

Workforce:
10 Families (Human) (Untrained)
5 Packs (Fae) (Hunting Proficient)
5 Broods (Drow) (Construction Proficient)
5 Families (Dwarves) (Mining Proficient)

Building Supplies:
50 Lumber
50 Stone
100 Supply

Areas:
Sun Peak (Mountain) (Abandoned Outposts) (Abandoned Quarry)
Bleakwoods (Forest)
Unexplored Swamp (Swamp)

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 07:09:08 am by Cheesecake »
Dying of laughter?

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2013, 10:29:17 am »

I vote we set up somewhere between the peak and the woods, preferably as close to a river as possible and on flat open land.

Anybody else got a suggestion?
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2013, 04:12:55 pm »

Waitlist
Name: Luke
Sex: Male
Race: Drow Outcast
Skills:+1 To building and to divination. Can comunicate through telepathy.
Bio: Is tall and has a white beard and hair(These drow are like the D&D ones,right?)Left his town because he was tired of being ordered around by spider people.

Associated Department:Construction.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2013, 07:00:46 pm »

I vote we set up somewhere between the peak and the woods, preferably as close to a river as possible and on flat open land.
+1. Preferably a river than leads back to Irongrasp or somewhere else in the frontier.

When we've chosen our colony site, send two of the Fae packs out into the plains, hunting those deer and bison. Have them take a wagon or two from the caravan to haul the carcasses back. They'll take two families of humans along to help and teach some basics of hunting.

The families have their equipment, but what do the characters have? (For that matter, what do the Fae use to hunt? Spears, bows, their bare hands/paws, etc?)

Derrod will take a bow and a quiver of arrows and go looking for a path up to the old quarries. Sounds like part of my job description. (If the bow and arrows aren't available, he'll just grab whatever weapon the Fae hunters use, if any. If they don't use weapons, he'll look for a big stick or reasonably sharp rocks while he's searching.)

If I find a path, I'll lead the dwarves up to the quarries.

On the colony; I'd suggest building the shelters first, then setting up a lumber mill and a workshop and going from there.

Seeing as the Fae, Drow, and Dwarves all have specific skillsets, I think it's fair that the leader of the departments they fall into (Survival/Reclamation, Construction, and Survival) has control over what these groups do. The humans, being untrained, can be used for anything by any of us.

Also, have three of the human families go cut down some wood from the Bleakwoods. Just because we don't have a lumber mill yet doesn't mean we can't cut a few trees down.

GM: How long are the turns, anyway? Families need one ration a week (the Dwarven families half a ration per week, presumably), how many turns do my hunters get to gather/kill enough food?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 07:20:12 pm by swordsmith04 »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6