Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Microscope RPG: Let's build a world together v 2 OOC  (Read 4313 times)

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Microscope RPG: Let's build a world together v 2 OOC
« on: July 22, 2013, 02:08:06 pm »

So. An OOC thread.
IC thread
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 02:10:10 pm by Rhyme »
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.
Wait, there's a player list?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Microscope RPG: Let's build a world together v 2 OOC
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 06:25:34 pm »

So, First Pass?  I'll take an Event in the first Period to do with the forging of the world, if that's cool?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 02:23:29 am »

It's ok for me. I want to do something related to one of the dark ages.
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 03:33:29 am »

I'll take an event that ends the first Period (and possibly begins the first God War - I'll leave that vague). It assumes there is a second generation of gods in existence - is that okay with everyone?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 05:45:54 am »

Alright for me. I want to take an event in the second period. Something related with rediscovery and a new method to imprison former gods.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 06:51:25 am »

Roight. I posted something - no idea if it works/is okay, but there it is! The first sun is destroyed and the first god-war begins, whee. Called the first Period the 'Primordial' one for lack of a better name.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 07:23:52 am »

I added a timeline. Is someone going to do a myth for the creation of the first races. Because I got an idea regarding the creation of the first races and why Gifted are so difficult to find.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 07:32:35 am »

I suggest just call events by their short titles - looks neater (as in, 'Dying of the Light' rather than 'The god Atamme the Torchbearer, son of Ae, is deceived and bound to the depths of the earth by his siblings. These new gods then destroy the sun, bringing death and destruction to the world and starting the first war of the gods.'). The perfectionist in me suffers.

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 07:39:08 am »

I'm going to add the titles, but I think that in the long run, it can get messy if we only have the titles.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 07:45:34 am »

I'm going to add the titles, but I think that in the long run, it can get messy if we only have the titles.

Titles that contain links to the relevant posts, then?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 08:18:42 am »

If it's alright with you guys I'd like to create a period immediately after the Primordial Age, about the expansion of our major races and how between them they covered the entire planet, and nations within each race were formed.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 08:22:17 am by Kashyyk »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2013, 08:19:14 am »

Rhyme's event is fine by me. Well-written, in fact.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2013, 08:27:16 am »

If it's alright with you guys I'd like to create a period immediately after the Primordial Age, about the expansion of our major races and how between them they covered the entire planet, and nations within each race were formed.

Sounds good, but do bear in mind just after the Primordial Age is supposed to be a time of 'great fear and darkness' and gods duking it out. Though I imagine it'd do wonders to spread out mortals and separate them, but *shrug*.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2013, 08:30:01 am »

Oh, OOC thread, just noticed it.
I put up something about the creation of the dark gods.
I think it's terrible if i look at DH or Rhyme's event but i won't improve if i don't practise.

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2013, 08:53:32 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I actually thought it wouldn't be more than average at best. I don't have trouble with grammar, but some vocabulary that appears a lot in fantasy works is still new for me and I have some difficulties with it.

Anyway, I like that you liked it. And if any of you has trouble, remember that the more you write, the easier it wil become.

Now we have the creation of the gods, Home, and the first races. Some new gods are being born and I think it should be easy to set a few civilizations before the neew gods try to gain power (remember they don't have to be evil, some may just think that waiting for their parents to die in order to have their positions might be waiting for too long).

I think the birth of some unique creatures or minor races (like giants) as children of the gods of as children of both gods and mortals might be good to start adding some creatures that may act during the first god war.

EDIT: Reading this again, I'm starting to sound like my boss.  :o
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5