Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Microscope RPG: Let's build a world together v 2 OOC  (Read 4312 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Microscope RPG: Let's build a world together v 2 OOC
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2013, 09:00:39 am »

I was thinking of some kind of 'cursed tribe' that sides with the rebels and is punished by the gods. Vampirism, ho! (Or some other supernatural 'curse')

EDIT: From now on, we'll follow the Focus(ed) turn structure, right?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 09:03:53 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2013, 09:07:00 am »

How's that? Got my idea in there, and also opened the way for divine conflict at the same time.

EDIT: Re Rhyme's stuff. I think it's really good, but I personally think you've also written three scenes in there.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 09:11:23 am by Kashyyk »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2013, 09:14:16 am »

I'll take a Period somewhere in the middle of it all, when the Primordial Chaos breaks into the universe and starts screwing with things.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2013, 09:15:40 am »

How's that? Got my idea in there, and also opened the way for divine conflict at the same time.

EDIT: Re Rhyme's stuff. I think it's really good, but I personally think you've also written three scenes in there.
I know, that's why I asked if it was too much. I'm the first one who prefers everyone to play by the rules, but I believe they are a bit restrictive at some points, so that's why I wanted you to give your opinion first, to know if I should add it to the timeline or not
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.
Wait, there's a player list?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2013, 09:19:27 am »

Since I quite like it, and I'm pretty sure everyone else does too, I personally wouldn't mind bending the rules, and just adding that in as an Event (The Gods create followers) and three scenes (for each species). Otherwise, I suspect we'll all end up writing what amounts to the same thing.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2013, 09:21:33 am »

It's cool, I'm okay with bending the rules this time.  :D

I think it's just GWG to go, then the first Round may begin.  Shall we do the turn order the same as the sign-up order (i.e. Rhyme, DH, Child, Kashyyk, GWG, Iituem)?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2013, 09:24:58 am »

Bending the rules is fine by me. My bit was a bit more descriptive than probably asked for as well, though I planned to elaborate on Scenes within it (the betrayal and struggle in the Depths, tempting the Torchbearer to come down, attacking the sun).
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2013, 09:26:06 am »

Yup, just GWG to wrap up the First Pass. And I'm fine with the sign up order also being player order.

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2013, 10:08:56 am »

Guys, I think we should try to ask before adding Periods if they are between two Periods. Just because we might want not to have one Period appear between two that were one right after the other (like now with the Primordial Age->The Age of Strife->The First Age of Destruction. Because if I understand correctly how the three of them work, they go one right after the other.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 02:29:23 pm by Rhyme »
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2013, 02:28:53 pm »

I'm not quite sure how this works. Silly me, not understanding all these rules...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2013, 02:35:15 pm »

You just pick a Scene, Event or Period and give it a nice little (or not so little, in some of our cases) description. Our examples should give you... well, an example.

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2013, 02:51:07 pm »

And if you are out of ideas, there's plenty of discoverments for the new gods to make during the Age of Strife, and whole war to do later during the First Age of Destruction. And lots of civs to create during the Primordial Age and... I think you get what I mean, lots of stuff to do.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2013, 03:09:12 pm »

Normally there's a turn order, but for this First Pass you get to establish a Period or Event out of sequence.  After you've done that, the Lens (first player) will determine a Focus and then we have to write Periods, Events or Scenes around that Focus, in turn order.

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2013, 04:52:06 am »

Alright, the Focus this turn will be Oblivion. I'm working in my event. I'll post it as soon as I have it finished (I have to write it in Spanish and then translate it)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2013, 04:55:38 am »

Uhh... why not just write it in English? Sounds like a lot of extra work when your English is, as far as I can tell, perfectly fine.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5