Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: History of [Insert World Name Here]: Microscope IC thread  (Read 3586 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
History of [Insert World Name Here]: Microscope IC thread
« on: July 22, 2013, 01:21:28 pm »

HISTORY OF
[INSERT WORLD NAME HERE]
A Microscope Game

The gods create a new world protected from the ravages of Primordial Chaos

Magitek is in: This encompasses the idea that modern-to-future levels of technology are acceptable, and that magic and technology can work in harmony.

Magic is powerful, but expensive and dangerous to everyone: When it comes to magic, sacrifice and equivalent exchange should be major aesthetics. Humans are among (if not the) least magically skilled creatures.

Humans are the most important race in the world: Monstrous races can exist, but they are neither as numerous nor as powerful as the human civilizations.

Timeline

-Creation  The gods separate themselves from the rest of the universe, creating their own world.
--The Twelve Gods create Liros the Blue Moon  Liros is the dwelling place of the Twelve Gods, and it orbits the world. Each deity has a broad Domain of their very own upon the surface of Liros, and deep within the moon is a grand meeting hall where the Twelve can meet to enjoy one another's company, discuss their Creation, and anything else they please. As Liros orbits the world, it also rotates, presenting a different Domain of the Gods to the world every night.
-Twilight of the Gods  The gods fade away, their energies diffused into their own Creation.

Spoiler: What's all this then? (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 01:23:43 pm by monk12 »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: History of [Insert World Name Here]: Microscope IC thread
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 09:18:27 pm »

The gods create Humans the first and mightiest of all races. Hitler approves.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 09:24:09 pm »

The gods create Humans the first and mightiest of all races. Hitler approves.

((Note that you should specify when exactly your Event occurs, since we can skip around the timeline as we please. I assume this Event occurs during the Creation Period; does it happen before or after the creation of Liros?))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 09:25:55 pm »

Before the creation of Liros.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 10:19:46 pm »

((I go now, right))

Event:
The First Conclave of Halron:
The tribes of man first meet in the plain of Halron. They make an alliance against the other races who had been terrorizing them since the beginning of time. The fight off an invasion of elves, dwarves and orcs and found their first city; Halrak.

Takes place after the creation of the blue moon.
Takes place at the beginning of the Period of 5 Kings
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 11:30:21 pm by mcclay »
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 10:27:27 pm »

(Ranks are tentative)

-Creation  The gods separate themselves from the rest of the universe, creating their own world.

--The First Man The first Men was created, in male and female, and it was an age which the gods walked the face of earth with them.

(More Creation Myths!)

--Fall of the First man However, the Last of the twelve Gods, Kgorlesh, decided that he should teach the creations one final knowledge: violence. The world soon fall into chaos with the first men fighting each other, joy replaced by suffering. There was only one just man, Anathokos, who abhors violence and plead to the gods for help.

(Basically, Anathokos replacing Kgorlesh which is demoted into an afterworld. Which will end the age of the first man)

--The Twelve Gods create Liros the Blue Moon  Liros is the dwelling place of the Twelve Gods, and it orbits the world. Each deity has a broad Domain of their very own upon the surface of Liros, and deep within the moon is a grand meeting hall where the Twelve can meet to enjoy one another's company, discuss their Creation, and anything else they please. As Liros orbits the world, it also rotates, presenting a different Domain of the Gods to the world every night.

(Creation of the second man and every single tribe)

--The First Conclave of Halron The tribes of man first meet in the plain of Halron. They make an alliance against the other races who had been terrorizing them since the beginning of time. The fight off an invasion of elves, dwarves and orcs and found their first city; Halrak.

-Twilight of the Gods  The gods fade away, their energies diffused into their own Creation.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 11:17:13 pm »

The Gods introduce Dragons into the world, great lizards capable of flight, with specialized powers based on their color. There is one color of dragon for each of the twelve, and the powers granted by colors are directly related to the spheres of the associated god. Dragons, although powerful, are quite rare, with around 20 existing for any one color at any one time.
((Directly before the creation of Liros.))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 01:16:37 am »

And after the creation of dragons, but before Liros.
Aeis, the god of the sky, creates Sairos, the immortal guardian of the skies, in place of a dragon. A giant feathered, clawed creature, Sairos was the first true bird. He now prowls the skies, to calm the anger of the dragons with great gusts of wind.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 06:44:57 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 06:37:29 am »

The Gods introduce Dragons into the world, great lizards capable of flight, with specialized powers based on their color. There is one color of dragon for each of the twelve, and the powers granted by colors are directly related to the spheres of the associated god. Dragons, although powerful, are quite rare, with around 20 existing for any one color at any one time.
((One: What twelve colors? Obviously, the three primaries, the three secondaries, the three grayscales, and brown, but what about the other two?
Two: That is not a population size capable of sustaining a genetically viable population. The dragons are going to die off from incest if you don't add some magical protection against that into them.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 06:42:07 am »

((But magics. :P
Seriously though, we want them to live long enough to be useful. ))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 07:18:15 am »

((Hence why I suggested he specifically note the magicks.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2013, 01:08:25 pm »

((One: What twelve colors? Obviously, the three primaries, the three secondaries, the three grayscales, and brown, but what about the other two?
Two: That is not a population size capable of sustaining a genetically viable population. The dragons are going to die off from incest if you don't add some magical protection against that into them.))
Black and white. I didn't give them any sort of reasonable population size because they're supposed to powerful divine representatives of the gods, and having them come a dime a dozen would be, at least in my point of view, against some of our Palette choices. I know in real life they would have genetic problems, but I'll just let divine powers and what not sort that out. I'd like to note the specifics of each type of dragon, but I feel defining exactly how each of the Twelve Gods is would take away from any chances others might want with them.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2013, 02:26:41 pm »

The grayscales are white, gray, and black.

Hence why I suggested you specifically note the incest-resistance-thing.
Sig

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2013, 02:31:39 pm »

Let it be noted: Aeis is the only god without a dragon. He made a guardian of the skies to pacify them when they fight.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2013, 02:32:28 pm »

Oh.

Then other shades, like pink, or silver, I guess.
Pages: [1] 2