Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: History of [Insert World Name Here]: Microscope IC thread  (Read 3593 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: History of [Insert World Name Here]: Microscope IC thread
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 03:54:38 pm »

-Creation:  The gods separate themselves from the rest of the universe, creating their own world.

--The First Man:  The gods create Humans the first and mightiest of all races. [Adarpath, the First God, is their patron.]

--Fall of the First Man:  However, the Last of the twelve Gods, Kgorlesh, decided that he should teach the creations one final knowledge: violence. The world soon fall into chaos with the first men fighting each other, joy replaced by suffering. There was only one just man, Anathokos, who abhors violence and plead to the gods for help.

--The Gods introduce Dragons into the world:  Dragons are great lizards capable of flight, with specialized powers based on their color. There is one color of dragon for each of the twelve, and the powers granted by colors are directly related to the spheres of the associated god. Dragons, although powerful, are quite rare, with around 20 existing for any one color at any one time.

--Aeis, the god of the sky, creates Sairos, the immortal guardian of the skies, in place of a dragon:  A giant feathered, clawed creature, Sairos was the first true bird. He now prowls the skies, to calm the anger of the dragons with great gusts of wind.

--The Twelve Gods create Liros the Blue Moon:  Liros is the dwelling place of the Twelve Gods, and it orbits the world. Each deity has a broad Domain of their very own upon the surface of Liros, and deep within the moon is a grand meeting hall where the Twelve can meet to enjoy one another's company, discuss their Creation, and anything else they please. As Liros orbits the world, it also rotates, presenting a different Domain of the Gods to the world every night.

-Period of the 5 Kings: (undefined)

--The Heavenly Congregation: The most powerful civilizations of the non-human races meet, called together by their High Priests. After a week of discussions and deliberations, they resolve to attack the humans when they learn of the imminent Conclave of Halron.

---Why the High Priests called the Heavenly Congregation

--The First Conclave of Halron:  The tribes of man first meet in the plain of Halron. They make an alliance against the other races who had been terrorizing them since the beginning of time. The fight off an invasion of elves, dwarves and orcs and found their first city; Halrak.

-Twilight of the Gods:  The gods fade away, their energies diffused into their own Creation.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 03:59:23 pm »

Why the High Priests called the Heavenly Congregation

Kgorlesh loomed over the plain of Halron.

He had considered looming in the form of a tree, but in his present mood he did not wish to feel the rich, life-giving earth between his roots. Instead, he took the form of a storm cloud, vast and dark. Kgorlesh was not a rain cloud, giving water and life to the plains below. He was a storm of destruction, of cyclones and floods, death and mayhem. He did not truly relish destruction; like the rest of the Twelve, his passion was Creation. Unlike the other gods, however, Kgorlesh recognized that some Creations deserved destruction.

Kgorlesh rumbled ominously, troubling the humans gathering on the plain of Halron.

"Surely you do not plan to wash away those humans, Kgorlesh. You know it is forbidden."

Lightning cracked deep within Kgorlesh's form. "I will merely create a swamp in this place, Col, and if the humans are too foolish to escape the flood, it is no fault of mine."

Col, eighth of the Twelve, laughed merrily as she took the form of a female elf floating in the air beside Kgorlesh. "I doubt Adarpath will find that as amusing as I do. The humans are his Creation, and he guards his prerogatives jealously."

"Surely the First will not miss these few humans here." Kgorlesh rumbled, loosing a cold wind onto the plain.

Col shook her head, smirking up at the mammoth cloud. "I'm sure he would note your interference even if only a single man perished in your flood. But it looks to me as if there are more than a few humans on that plain, with more coming. Half the race, it seems. I never thought I'd see so many humans in one place without fighting amongst themselves. I wonder what they're doing down there..."

"Half the race, you say." Storm clouds are not well suited to forming questions. Form shapes thought. Lightning cracked as Kgorlesh pondered this opportunity. "It is true the humans vex you as well."

Col scowls down at the humans on the plain. "They do. They change things where they go. The forests I created for my elves are being harvested for lumber; soon they will be empty plains like this one. And where they seek to establish mines and quarries in the high places, they clash with the dwarves of the Fourth. I know you don't like their interference in the swamps to the South, but there is nothing we can do."

"They DRAIN the swamps, Col!" Kgorlesh thundered, lightning cracking. Abruptly, Kgorlesh was a crocodile resting on a rock, the rock itself floating in the air. "We can do nothing... but the elves and dwarves can."

Col looked at Kgorlesh curiously. "What do you mean? They defend themselves well, when the humans intrude."

The crocodile's maw gaped. "And if they were to marshal their armies, and strike here? Half the human race, you said. Surely they cannot stand if the other races unite against them. Go to your priests among the elves, and tell them to meet with the other races. Instruct them in the value of this war."

Col stroked her chin. "And you think the other races will join them in this endeavor?"

Kgorlesh's jaw snapped shut. "If their gods tell them to, they will. I will propose this plan in the Heart of Liros tonight. We cannot act directly against Adarpath's Creation, but it is no fault of ours if our Creations prove stronger. I think this plan will have support from the Fourth, and others as well. Will you join us?"

Col nodded. She disappeared into a flash of light, streaking toward Liros the Blue Moon, soon followed by Kgorlesh. Sun streamed through where the cloud once was, bathing the plain of Halron. The humans breathed a sigh of relief to be spared the terrible storm, unaware that a worse storm was brewing.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 04:16:13 pm »

Derp.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 05:09:27 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2013, 07:33:47 pm »

Event: The First Human mage.-- After the first conclave a human finds that he can use the powerful and dangerous power of magic and uses it to gain power over their brethren. They are promptly killed by over use of their magic.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 08:17:37 pm by kj1225 »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2013, 08:15:44 pm »

Event: The First Human mage.-- A human finds that he can use the powerful and dangerous power of magic and uses it to gain power over their brethren. They are promptly killed by over use of their magic.

((When does this Event occur?))

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2013, 09:17:24 pm »

Period: The Period of 5 Kings (Also know in some sources as the race war.)
The Period of 5 Kings began with the Conclave of Halron. They other races of the world are told by their gods to form their own empires and attack, creating the Truce of Tallrok mountain (Dwarves), The Glade of Alli (Elves), The Thing of Half-Tooth pass (Orcs) and the Formation of the Sarruk confederacy (a group of monstrous species led by the reptillian Silliuk.) The four nonhuman powers came together and formed an alliance in the Lasril Jungle. This Period was fraught with war as the nascant human empire fought of the invaders. However at the end of this period the Elves betrayed their own god and sided with the humans, killing the other 3 kings at the titanic Battle of Draok Pass. This period ended with the Black-Gold Concordant, which partitioned up the known world between the Elves and Humans.

((TL;DR: The races all came together to beat up the humans. They Team Switched and were given an Empire to slowly decline.))
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2013, 11:07:11 pm »

--First Skirmishes of the Period of 5 Kings

Historians may tend to see history of wars as a series of battles, even it is very far from actual history. The product of the Heavenly Congregation, i.e. the Alliance of Lasril, as it was later called, was no more than an agreement for the races to stop raiding each other, and a collection of treaties, codes, and rules when property is trespassed by the subjects of one party to another.

Nevertheless, the four empires mutually agreed the resettlement of their own people into the Human Empire. Within the first few years, the human empire was effectively downsized to a third of its original size, without fighting a pitched battle between kings or commanders. Human were displaced from the plains of Kavela, the lake counties, the Mosmera hills, the Danglewoods, and the shimmering coasts, just to name a few placenames, with the human empire retaining most of core of the Plains of Harlon, the Nevan Uplands, and along the most of Sherry River, to name a few.

The four empires are not without their own problems. Inclusions against each other is still common, despite the Alliance, especially in the former human lands. The elves, by nature not very suitable for one-on-one fights, usually found themselves at the wrong end of the stick, and in this period their gains were very limited.

In general, though, warfare remained at a very small scale, save for a few raid on human towns.

The shock, finally, came about when the mountain pass town of Kelen was gradually brought under siege, by a combined Dwarf-Orc force, and it sparked the genesis of proper organized warfare.

((TL;DR: for the first few years, both sides of the conflict do not know how to properly conduct a war. The siege of Kelen marked the end of this period of lull and large scale warfare finally emerged.))
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 11:12:06 pm by evilcherry »

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2013, 04:46:56 pm »

Event -- The Bergian Refugees (Period of the 5 Kings, after First Skirmishes)

After true, organized warfare began in the Period of the 5 Kings, many who had initially advocated for peace with the other races exiled themselves from their own countries and fled to the caves under the Bergs, where they eventually formed their own underground citadel, fed on mushrooms and moisture, and fortified by natural defenses, gigantic stone walls and traps, and the might of the few magicians who choose to flee to the city, and ended up ruling it.

Spoiler: Bergs (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 09:26:18 pm by Chink »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2013, 04:41:05 pm »

--Creation of the Avaren
After the Concave of Halron, Aeis felt that he had needed to leave his mark upon the world. To do so, he created the Avaren, creatures in the image of Sairos, the Guardian of the Winds and the Lord of All Birds. The Avaren populated the mountains, surviving upon the the small arable land on the steppes and hunting the tough mountain animals they could.
Pages: 1 [2]