Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What the hell is wrong with that quest?  (Read 1216 times)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
What the hell is wrong with that quest?
« on: July 22, 2013, 01:00:43 pm »

So, i got an quest to kill a fiend from the very own village, i found the fiend (It wasnt hidden at all). I tried to speak with it to see if i could acuse it of being a night creature, but couldnt (He was in fiend form). I attacked it, and it asked me to confirm. I one hitted him ripping his head off, and then the whole village goes agaisnt me even though they asked me to kill it! The fiend name was Prisoner. In the quest log it tells me that i can report sucess...

Is there any way to fix it and go back to normality with the citizens?
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Parhelion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What the hell is wrong with that quest?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 01:44:20 pm »

Kill them.

SLAUGHTER THEM ALL.

That'll teach them to trick you into killing a helpless Fiend Prisoner.

In all seriousness, I don't think you can undo the hostility if you have already saved the game.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 02:13:30 pm »

Well, after dealing with some random people and the hundreds of animals that came on waves towards me, im going to another city some days of travel.
Will they attack me there?
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 02:58:49 pm »

There are more bugs in adventure mode thats for sure. I wonder if toady will ever get around fixing the impossible sewer missions where they might be on unreachable places. Either under water, on platforms you cannot walk to. Or worst of all, stuck inside the wall (if you have dfhack you can type reveal and see them sometimes). Lately it seems he has been focusing on adventure mode so perhaps it will be in the ones after the next big patch, who knows.

Will they attack me there?

If its the same civilization then I think so. If you play on a huge map then its not so bad though. You can duplicate your save file, abandon your hero and then open it in fort mode. From there you can check on the map where you choose embark place where all the civilzations are. Then you know where to go in order to reach the next good one.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 03:24:24 pm »

If they are underwater, Nightwings can breath underwater. They can also fly and reach platform, and advfort can mine out the walls. Anyways, maybe there could be some kind of item, a Scuba suit, which creates some kind of syndrome that removes the need to breath (And possibly gives Innate Swimming while you wear it)?
Only while you wear it, of course.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 02:53:30 am »

not related to Masterwork

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 07:57:52 am »

If you make yourself some runed armor in Fort Mode, then go get it on your Adventurer, you could make it so you don't need to breath, right?

I haven't gotten around to trying the runes out again after the fixes.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 08:35:48 am »

The theory is sound. I see no reason why it shouldnt work.

You could also just make that rune-enchanted armor yourself, with adv-fort if I am not mistaken.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2013, 10:43:57 am »

I dont know, the runes are coating, right? Dont they get washed off?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2013, 11:22:10 am »

They stay forever. Only thing that deletes them is dfhacks clean command.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::